There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange Arrested

Message 1 of 19

What does Tulsi Gabbard think about the arrest of Julian Assange, civil liberies and 4th amendment rights?

I wonder what other candidates will say.

Here she is being interviewed on "The Lead" CNN. Twitter Video...

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1116444079154434049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

I wonder where Bernie Sanders stands on this issue.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

Former Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa: "The greatest traitor in Ecuadorian and Latin American history, Lenin Moreno, allowed the British police to enter our embassy in London to arrest Assange.
Moreno is a corrupt man, but what he has done is a crime that humanity will never forget."

It seems there are many people who did not like Julian Assange being arrested this way.

Here's the Twitter Feed + Comments:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1116289091061075968

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19
or pardon him!!! LOL!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

trump-flip-flopper-in-chief.pngtrump-flip-flopper-in-chief

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump mentioned Wikileaks 164 times in last month of election

Trump to Bill O’Reilly: “Wikileaks is amazing”

Trump: “Wikileaks, some new stuff, some brutal stuff”

Trump says Wikileaks proves Clinton should not “be able to run for president”

Trump: “Wikileaks. I love Wikileaks”

Trump: “You see so much from these Wikileaks. You see so much. There’s so much.”

Trump: “I’ll tell you this Wikileaks stuff is unbelievable…you gotta read it.”

Trump: “One of the big advantages of me having a rather large microphone… is that I can talk about Wikileaks”

Trump: “You hear this? Wikileaks. Big stuff but the press does not report it”

Trump: Wikileaks reveals “the massive international corruption of the Clinton machine”

Trump: “The sad part is we don’t talk about Wikileaks because it’s incredible.”

Trump: “Wikileaks unveils horrible, horrible things about Hillary Clinton”

Trump on Wikileaks: “There’s bad, bad stuff [the media is] not covering”

Trump: “Wikileaks came out with lots of really unbelievable things”

Trump: The media “will not talk about Wikileaks”

Trump: “Boy, that Wikileaks has done a job on her, hasn’t it?”

Trump: “We’ve learned so much from Wikileaks”

Trump: “We love Wikileaks. Wikileaks.”

Trump: “A terrible Wikileaks was released just moments ago… you’ll be sickened by it”

Trump: “Wikileaks revelations have exposed criminal corruption at the highest levels of our government”

Trump: Wikileaks show “a rigged system with more collusion, probably illegal”

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

Trump: Wikileaks revealed Clinton was “completely jeopardizing the national security of the United States”

Source - https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mentioned-wikileaks-164-times-in-last-month-of-election-now-claims-i...

Flip Flopper in Chief

"The dishonest media likes saying that I am in Agreement with Julian Assange - wrong. I simply state what he states, it is for the people...to make up their own minds as to the truth. The media lies to make it look like I am against 'Intelligence' when in fact I am a big fan!" Trump tweeted on

Jan. 5, 2017.

Trump and administration officials also distanced themselves from Assange and WikiLeaks once Trump began occupying the Oval Office.

Then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in April 2017 that arresting Assange was a priority. The Justice Department also appeared to accidentally reveal information about a sealed indictment of Assange.

Trump on April 21, 2017, told reporters that "it’s OK with me" if Assange is arrested.

And several months ago, Trump claimed to not even know who Assange was. While speaking to reporters on Nov. 20, 2018, Trump was asked: “Should Julian Assange go free?”

“I don’t know anything about him. Really," Trump replied. "I don’t know much about him. I really don’t.”

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/11/trump-julian-assange-wikileaks-1269954

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@rker321 wrote:

My take  and prediction

It is well established that the Trump Administration has been pressuring the Equatorians to actually release from their embassy Assange. so now he is arrested and facing US extradition.

Prediction.

Knowing that this Administration doesn't do anything without a motive, I would not doubt that once Assange is in the US. It wouldn't surprise me to see Trump pinning the Medal of Honor on his chest.t

Russia are you listening/ LOL 

In Trump World - Assange in US Custody - will allow Attorney General Barr and FBI Director Wray - to finally get all that damaging information about all the Clinton Wrongdoing on the Record

If Trumps involved - you're Right - He's Working a Angle that will Benefit Himself

This is more about Trump having more Ammunition to keep himself at the Top of the News Cycle with him Controlling the Narrative - instead of the Democrats with the Mueller Report

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

My take  and prediction

It is well established that the Trump Administration has been pressuring the Equatorians to actually release from their embassy Assange. so now he is arrested and facing US extradition.

Prediction.

Knowing that this Administration doesn't do anything without a motive, I would not doubt that once Assange is in the US. It wouldn't surprise me to see Trump pinning the Medal of Honor on his chest.t

Russia are you listening/ LOL 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

Edward Snowden says the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is a blow to media freedom.

"Images of Ecuador's ambassador inviting the UK's secret police into the embassy to drag a publisher of--like it or not--award-winning journalism out of the building are going to end up in the history books," Snowden said in a tweet.

"Assange's critics may cheer, but this is a dark moment for press freedom."

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/2019/04/edward-snowden-julian-assange-arrest-a-blow-to-press-freedo...

++++++++++++++++++++++

And Pamela Anderson weighed in, and she didn't hold back.

She lashed out against President Trump, Britain and “Equador” on Thursday following the arrest of her close pal Julian Assange.

The “Baywatch” star said she was “in shock” after watching video of the WikiLeaks founder being dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

“He looks very bad. How could you Equador ? (Because he exposed you),” Anderson tweeted.

“How could you UK. ? Of course – you are America’s b--ch and you need a diversion from your idiotic Brexit bull---t.”

Full article of Page Six:

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/11/pamela-anderson-flips-out-over-julian-assange-arrest/?_ga=2.183268646...

Hmm, so what I see is the government is all good for fighting for "intellectual property" of big corporations but no to the individuals as these two mentioned exposed, no? My reasoning...isn't the 4th Amendment a form of our 1st Amendment, but was disregarded in what was actually exposed?

Imo, it just again shows how crony-capitalism has bought and sold us individuals....they keep our personal information instead of the government now (American Freedom Act), no?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

@gordyfl wrote:

Edward Snowden says the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is a blow to media freedom.

"Images of Ecuador's ambassador inviting the UK's secret police into the embassy to drag a publisher of--like it or not--award-winning journalism out of the building are going to end up in the history books," Snowden said in a tweet.

"Assange's critics may cheer, but this is a dark moment for press freedom."

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/2019/04/edward-snowden-julian-assange-arrest-a-blow-to-press-freedo...

++++++++++++++++++++++

And Pamela Anderson weighed in, and she didn't hold back.

She lashed out against President Trump, Britain and “Equador” on Thursday following the arrest of her close pal Julian Assange.

The “Baywatch” star said she was “in shock” after watching video of the WikiLeaks founder being dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

“He looks very bad. How could you Equador ? (Because he exposed you),” Anderson tweeted.

“How could you UK. ? Of course – you are America’s b--ch and you need a diversion from your idiotic Brexit bull---t.”

Full article of Page Six:

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/11/pamela-anderson-flips-out-over-julian-assange-arrest/?_ga=2.183268646...

Hmm, so what I see is the government is all good for fighting for "intellectual property" of big corporations but no to the individuals as these two mentioned exposed, no? My reasoning...isn't the 4th Amendment a form of our 1st Amendment, but was disregarded in what was actually exposed?

Kudos
Views