From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
93
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

93 Views
Message 1 of 25

GOPers are so committed to the lies told by those who would make us slaves they apparently never bothers to think about what they constantly repeat.

 

Q: Who on this earth thinks tax money is immediately handed over to "the undeserving poor"?

 

Q: Who, despite having been given the actual average AIG and tax rates before and after the Reagan Tax scam still insists Reagan gave the Middle Class a tax cut?

 

Q: Who constantly denegates a group made up almost entirely of Seniors, under-age workers, students, lower graded enlisted military and military serving in war zones and the seriously disabled?

 

Q: Who thinks the Government rigging prices to put more people back down in the coal mines instead of increasing use of Natural Gas that causes no black lung and removes no mountain tops is the way to go?

 

This was provided as a public service for all those who wonder why GOPers  think Trump is doing a great job.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
93
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
104
Views

Why we have Government Programs

104 Views
Message 2 of 25

Keep in mind, one should never confuse Trump Cult members with FACTS.

"except those people you want to redistribute money to (the 47% who don't pay any income taxes now)."

 

That percentage of 47% mentioned above is much higher because the Trump GOP tax plan added approximately 6 million Americans to the group.

 

The GOP tax plan will add approximately $2 Trillion to the deficit. That means inflation as in higher interest rates for:

  • auto loans
  • mortgage rates
  • student loans
  • credit card loans

Inflation is also historically a big negative for the stock market.

 

Numerous economists are worried the Trump Trade Wars will plunge the global economy into a recession.

 

Trump withdrew from the TPP which accounts for approximately 40% of the world's economy. Instead of the U.S. being the leader in Asia, it looks like China will fill the void and take our place.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
104
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
119
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

119 Views
Message 3 of 25

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.


In 1913, the top tax bracket was 7 percent on all income over $500,000 ($11 million in today’s dollars1); and the lowest tax bracket was 1 percent.

 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

 

Of course, the left didn't have their hand out so far YET!

 


Yep, right after all of those low taxes and the added de-regulations that followed, we went into a depression. Oh ...... you forgot that. After the depression and the war, rates went up, with many more brackets, topping at 92%, and stayed that high during America's most prosperous times. Oh ..... you forgot that too.


Lower taxes, deregulation, and the war caused a depression? Maybe you ought to stick to war caused a depression. How would you like 92% of your money stolen?


...and its ANOTHER swing-and-a-miss for NOT. Boy he just can't seem to keep his head in the game.

No NOT the lower taxes and NON-regulation caused the Great Depression and it took WWII with 16 million gov't jobs for men and women in uniform and 3 million more civilian government jobs and everyone else working Government contracts to support those 19 million to get us OUT of the Republican disaster commonily referred to as The Great Depression.

 

The jrbush version had 2 worthless wars that exaserbated the problem and a Republican Congress that refused to do anything to fix the problem, concentrating instead on how to evade responsibility for having caused it just like jr evaded his duty to Country in Vietnam.

 

And again with the notion that supporting civilization is "stealing" but arranging to drive 8 million American families from their homes and sending 12 million jobs to Commie slaves in Asia is "just business". Sad


I might have a swing and a miss now and then but you just struck OUT! The reason why the economy is gangbusters right now has ALL to do with lowering taxes (both income taxes and corporate taxes). It also is the reason why more people are employed, people are getting raises, people are getting bonuses.

 

Your method would be to tax the heck out of people and corporations so no one could afford anything except those people you want to redistribute money to (the 47% who don't pay any income taxes now). Obama saw how the effect of YOUR POLICIES worked so well in W Virginia when he said he'll close all the coal mines down.

 

Don't ever get a job as an economist.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
119
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
134
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

134 Views
Message 4 of 25

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.


In 1913, the top tax bracket was 7 percent on all income over $500,000 ($11 million in today’s dollars1); and the lowest tax bracket was 1 percent.

 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

 

Of course, the left didn't have their hand out so far YET!

 


Yep, right after all of those low taxes and the added de-regulations that followed, we went into a depression. Oh ...... you forgot that. After the depression and the war, rates went up, with many more brackets, topping at 92%, and stayed that high during America's most prosperous times. Oh ..... you forgot that too.


Lower taxes, deregulation, and the war caused a depression? Maybe you ought to stick to war caused a depression. How would you like 92% of your money stolen?


...and its ANOTHER swing-and-a-miss for NOT. Boy he just can't seem to keep his head in the game.

No NOT the lower taxes and NON-regulation caused the Great Depression and it took WWII with 16 million gov't jobs for men and women in uniform and 3 million more civilian government jobs and everyone else working Government contracts to support those 19 million to get us OUT of the Republican disaster commonily referred to as The Great Depression.

 

The jrbush version had 2 worthless wars that exaserbated the problem and a Republican Congress that refused to do anything to fix the problem, concentrating instead on how to evade responsibility for having caused it just like jr evaded his duty to Country in Vietnam.

 

And again with the notion that supporting civilization is "stealing" but arranging to drive 8 million American families from their homes and sending 12 million jobs to Commie slaves in Asia is "just business". Sad

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
134
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
138
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

138 Views
Message 5 of 25

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.

 

If you will check you calendar carefully you will find that those days are gone and, more importantly, the manufacturing environment of those days is gone. In the free market, one is paid based on what their efforts contribute to the value of the end product. The assembly line worker was essential and as a result paid based on his contribution. Today, physical labor's contribution to the value of the product is replaced by mental labor.

 

That is not 100% true - construction, for example, needs physical work - but the ones making the money are skilled workers even there.

 

It is time for you to wake up and look at the real world that was caused by changes in manufacturing, not the Reagan tax cuts.


 


A Right Winger wearing blinders telling an intelligent factual poster from the left to "look at the real world" ......................... what a hoot !!!!   ROFLMAO !!!!


I realize that I may be asking you to step a bit beyond your discussion capacity but do you disagree with anything I posted??

 

Or you can just stick with "hoot" and "ROFLMAO".


Most of our industrial jobs did not leave the country by "changes in manufacturing", the corporations sought 'changes to low wages', they found those over-seas. Stagnated wages in America pushed more and more people into the 47%.

 

It's time for you to "wake up and look at the real world". Yep ....... ROFLMAO !


Also, the vast majority of those "knowledge jobs" are NOT among the ones dividing the profits. They are in KNOWING how to operate the CAD/CAM systems that have replaced wrench turners on the line and the sophisticated inventory and retreival systems that have replaced boxhumpers in the warehouse. They include those operating and maintaining automated financial systems that replaced rows upon rows of clerks in the accounting department.

 

But each of those areas had experienced reductions in personnel required for the last 100 years, and UNTIL REAGAN the ones remaining after the "improved system" was installed received 95 cents of every dollar in reduced cost/improved worker productivity that the improvement created.

 

It is ONLY when the MANAGEMENT that determines wages was able to keep all the increases they gave THEMSELVES (thanks to it no longer going for taxes) that the WORKERS stopped getting raises commensurate with their increased contribution to the business' profits.

 


Since the LEVELING of WAGES began in the CARTER years, how do you LAY that on REAGAN??????

 

And again - it makes no sense that someone gets more money in his pocket because of a tax cut then feel it is then necessary to pay the employees less.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
138
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

145 Views
Message 6 of 25

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


A Right Winger wearing blinders telling an intelligent factual poster from the left to "look at the real world" ......................... what a hoot !!!!   ROFLMAO !!!!

I realize that I may be asking you to step a bit beyond your discussion capacity but do you disagree with anything I posted??

 

Or you can just stick with "hoot" and "ROFLMAO".


Most of our industrial jobs did not leave the country by "changes in manufacturing", the corporations sought 'changes to low wages', they found those over-seas. Stagnated wages in America pushed more and more people into the 47%.

You'll have to take that up with scout. He/she/it seems obsessed with jobs going to the Chinese commies.

 

It's time for you to "wake up and look at the real world". Yep ....... ROFLMAO !

Again, when you get a break in your childish giggling you can take that up with scout.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
145
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
159
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

159 Views
Message 7 of 25


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.

 

If you will check you calendar carefully you will find that those days are gone and, more importantly, the manufacturing environment of those days is gone. In the free market, one is paid based on what their efforts contribute to the value of the end product. The assembly line worker was essential and as a result paid based on his contribution. Today, physical labor's contribution to the value of the product is replaced by mental labor.

 

That is not 100% true - construction, for example, needs physical work - but the ones making the money are skilled workers even there.

 

It is time for you to wake up and look at the real world that was caused by changes in manufacturing, not the Reagan tax cuts.


 


A Right Winger wearing blinders telling an intelligent factual poster from the left to "look at the real world" ......................... what a hoot !!!!   ROFLMAO !!!!


I realize that I may be asking you to step a bit beyond your discussion capacity but do you disagree with anything I posted??

 

Or you can just stick with "hoot" and "ROFLMAO".


Most of our industrial jobs did not leave the country by "changes in manufacturing", the corporations sought 'changes to low wages', they found those over-seas. Stagnated wages in America pushed more and more people into the 47%.

 

It's time for you to "wake up and look at the real world". Yep ....... ROFLMAO !


Also, the vast majority of those "knowledge jobs" are NOT among the ones dividing the profits. They are in KNOWING how to operate the CAD/CAM systems that have replaced wrench turners on the line and the sophisticated inventory and retreival systems that have replaced boxhumpers in the warehouse. They include those operating and maintaining automated financial systems that replaced rows upon rows of clerks in the accounting department.

 

But each of those areas had experienced reductions in personnel required for the last 100 years, and UNTIL REAGAN the ones remaining after the "improved system" was installed received 95 cents of every dollar in reduced cost/improved worker productivity that the improvement created.

 

It is ONLY when the MANAGEMENT that determines wages was able to keep all the increases they gave THEMSELVES (thanks to it no longer going for taxes) that the WORKERS stopped getting raises commensurate with their increased contribution to the business' profits.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
159
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

167 Views
Message 8 of 25

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.


In 1913, the top tax bracket was 7 percent on all income over $500,000 ($11 million in today’s dollars1); and the lowest tax bracket was 1 percent.

 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

 

Of course, the left didn't have their hand out so far YET!

 


Yep, right after all of those low taxes and the added de-regulations that followed, we went into a depression. Oh ...... you forgot that. After the depression and the war, rates went up, with many more brackets, topping at 92%, and stayed that high during America's most prosperous times. Oh ..... you forgot that too.


Lower taxes, deregulation, and the war caused a depression? Maybe you ought to stick to war caused a depression. How would you like 92% of your money stolen?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
167
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
195
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

195 Views
Message 9 of 25

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.


In 1913, the top tax bracket was 7 percent on all income over $500,000 ($11 million in today’s dollars1); and the lowest tax bracket was 1 percent.

 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

 

Of course, the left didn't have their hand out so far YET!

 


Yep, right after all of those low taxes and the added de-regulations that followed, we went into a depression. Oh ...... you forgot that. After the depression and the war, rates went up, with many more brackets, topping at 92%, and stayed that high during America's most prosperous times. Oh ..... you forgot that too.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
195
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
198
Views

Re: Why we have Government Programs

198 Views
Message 10 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From 1948 to 1973, every additional dollar a worker earned for his employer resulted in the worker receiving 95 cents back in his paycheck. From 1973 until 2015, each new dollar created by improved worker productivity left 45 cents in the workers' pocket. The difference, half of every additional dollar created by the workers improved productivity, has been flowing into the pockets of the dividers for 35 years.

 

Time to give it back to the creators and let the drones go back to getting sane raises.

 

If you will check you calendar carefully you will find that those days are gone and, more importantly, the manufacturing environment of those days is gone. In the free market, one is paid based on what their efforts contribute to the value of the end product. The assembly line worker was essential and as a result paid based on his contribution. Today, physical labor's contribution to the value of the product is replaced by mental labor.

 

That is not 100% true - construction, for example, needs physical work - but the ones making the money are skilled workers even there.

 

It is time for you to wake up and look at the real world that was caused by changes in manufacturing, not the Reagan tax cuts.


 


A Right Winger wearing blinders telling an intelligent factual poster from the left to "look at the real world" ......................... what a hoot !!!!   ROFLMAO !!!!


I realize that I may be asking you to step a bit beyond your discussion capacity but do you disagree with anything I posted??

 

Or you can just stick with "hoot" and "ROFLMAO".


Most of our industrial jobs did not leave the country by "changes in manufacturing", the corporations sought 'changes to low wages', they found those over-seas. Stagnated wages in America pushed more and more people into the 47%.

 

It's time for you to "wake up and look at the real world". Yep ....... ROFLMAO !


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
198
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors