Silver Conversationalist

Why tRump leaves it to the States

Given tRump's pathalogical need to constantly lie and brag about it, one would assume he'd leap at the chance to run a NATIONAL fight against Covid19, but instead he's stated repeatedly "it's the State's job. We (Federal Government) are just backup". Why is that?

First off, Toad has no earthly idea of what to do in a crisis. He's spent his entire life losing other people's money by ignoring facts and reality and doing whatever feels right at the time.

When he first learned of Covid19 in December 2019, he was being impeached for his high crimes. His focus was on keeping his toadworshiping Senators in line to avoid being removed from office, which would make him liable for civil and criminal prosecution for everything from sexual assault to extortion and bribery.

So he tried to give his worshipers a bright shinny to distract them, and that would be SOMETHING involving trade with China. So he spent the month denying his crimes and praising the Chinese leadership hoping nobody would notice his trade war had cost the American consumer tens of billions of dollars, bankrupted thousands of small farms and forever lost about a third of our farm export market.

Meanwhile, taking action on the same intelligence information that tRump was being briefed on, Taiwan took action to actually restrict travel from mainland China, test as many peoiple as possible and isolate those with Covid19 symptoms. Trump ignored the raging epidemic and did NOTHING for nearly two months.  As a result, Taiwan has 393 infections and 6 deaths while the US has a MINIMUM 819,321 infections and 45,355 deaths, with the actual numbers perhaps TWICE those amounts because we've only tested 1% of our population.

In Dec and Jan Toad had decided to "ride it out" hoping the numbers would not look too bad. On 31 Jan, TWO MONTHS after he'd been told we weere facing a Pandemic like the one in 1918, Toad said no CHINESE citizens could come here direct from China, but allowed 430,000 non-Chinese to travel DIRECTLY from China (including 4,000 direct from Wuhan) to enter the US, mostly in the Seattle and NYC areas WITH NO TESTING ON THEIR ARRIVAL.

All thru February, Toad DID NOTHING, while trying to formulate an excuse for all his previous actions - disbanding the Emergency Pandemic Response Teams in the CDC and NSC and firing all the experts, cutting the CDC budget for tracking foriegn outbreaks by 85%, cancelling the contract to maintain the Strategic Emergency Medical Stockpile so the material in storage became unusable.

tRump's solution: MAKE THE STATES RESPONSIBLE. They will fail to improve on his record because they cannot use deficit financing to counter the spread of the disease, the Red States will try to do nothing as long as possible, and with no rational distribution of test kits, nobody will know how bad it really is for MONTHS, during which time Toad's propaganda machine will barrage the airways with LIES about all the things Toad had done and how it was the Governor's fault all those people were dying.

Would he do such a thing? Well, did he accept support from Nazis and White Supremicists and inspire one of them to KILL his opponents? Is he doing the same thing today with his calls to "defend the 2d Amendment that is under attack"?

Yep - Rhode Island has tested the same number of people as Kentucky with Kentucky having 4 times the population and 7 times the area, and in Toad Country out west, virtually nobody's getting tested OR being told to stay home to halt the spread of the disease.

tRump is leaving it to the Governors who cannot coordinate a NATIONAL response and instead are bidding against each other AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT for the life saving supplies they desperatly need and Fox and the rest of the Republican Lie Machine is shouting:  ITS NOT TOAD'S FAULT.

But it IS his fault.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Trump is "leaving it to the states" why did FEMA just confiscate a million N95 respirator masks from Miami-Dade firefighters?   

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

If Trump is "leaving it to the states" why did FEMA just confiscate a million N95 respirator masks from Miami-Dade firefighters?   

My son is a paramedic/ firefighter... I 'll ask, he might know. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

My son texted back and said they've (FEMA) been doing that for months around the country, for hospitals and front line workers. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

My son texted back and said they've (FEMA) been doing that for months around the country, for hospitals and front line workers. 

They have been doing it for all supplies and giving the material to private brokers to sell to the highest bidder on  the open market. How do I know that. Trump told us that a number of times.

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

They have been doing it for all supplies and giving the material to private brokers to sell to the highest bidder on  the open market. How do I know that. Trump told us that a number of times.

That's simply not true. That is totally false accusation. That is fake news. You made that up. FEMA does not secure materials and sell them to the highest bidder... in fact the opposite is true. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That's simply not true. That is totally false accusation. That is fake news. You made that up. FEMA does not secure materials and sell them to the highest bidder... in fact the opposite is true. 

It is true. A few weeks ago the US Attorney Office in one of our large cities announced the indictment of a group of people most of whom were out of country for fraud. They sold equipment to one State and then never delivered it. Sounds good so far. The State that ordered the equipment told the Feds as rules require it had purchased the equipment, and it was arriving in the US on a date, arrival city, flight number. The State was going to pick it up. The plane arrived empty. The Feds were present at the air port to seize the material and take it to the National supply, and that is how the Feds new about the fraud. This has happened to other States, and some States now have armed guards meet planes with their equipment so the Feds can not steal it. One State even used its National Guard.

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

It is true. A few weeks ago the US Attorney Office in one of our large cities announced the indictment of a group of people most of whom were out of country for fraud. They sold equipment to one State and then never delivered it. Sounds good so far. The State that ordered the equipment told the Feds as rules require it had purchased the equipment, and it was arriving in the US on a date, arrival city, flight number. The State was going to pick it up. The plane arrived empty. The Feds were present at the air port to seize the material and take it to the National supply, and that is how the Feds new about the fraud. This has happened to other States, and some States now have armed guards meet planes with their equipment so the Feds can not steal it. One State even used its National Guard.

Provide some factual support for those false accusations. You stated they FEMA is seizing and  reselling safety materials to the highest bidder. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Provide some factual support for those false accusations. You stated they FEMA is seizing and  reselling safety materials to the highest bidder. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/hospitals-say-federal-government-quietly-seizing-medical-supplies-la... 

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

https://www.businessinsider.com/hospitals-say-federal-government-quietly-seizing-medical-supplies-la... 

Tex... my son (paramedic/firefighter) confirmed this is happening... so we agree and I posted his text, but you're taking only part true part of the conversation. What another poster said is FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder... that is outrageous! and totally untrue. What is the motivation for such a lie? 

I ask for proof.... he said "he heard it". Bull hockey. This is exactly the false stories that take on a life of their own. 

Tex do you believe FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder? or sending the PPE where it's most needed? Can you answer that for me. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Tex... my son (paramedic/firefighter) confirmed this is happening... so we agree and I posted his text, but you're taking only part true part of the conversation. What another poster said is FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder... that is outrageous! and totally untrue. What is the motivation for such a lie? 

I ask for proof.... he said "he heard it". Bull hockey. This is exactly the false stories that take on a life of their own. 

Tex do you believe FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder? or sending the PPE where it's most needed? Can you answer that for me. 

I will answer the question for you. No FEMA is not selling to the highest bidder. What FEMA is doing is just what it has been doing all along. When FEMA gets equipment it goes to a private Co who acts as the distributor to the end users. The end user pays the private Co. for the equipment. The state gov. have told us they are bidding against each other on price with these private cos. and that is costing all of us more. When FEMA takes equipment being shipped to a State the State has a contract with a Co for that equipment and has paid for it. The question is does Fema pay the state for the equipment they took from them. Since we have not heard all the states screaming about not being paid for the stolen equipment I assume they have been paid by the private co. who got the equipment from FEMA. As I said before the private co. then sells the equipment on the open market and makes a profit. By the way a number of States no longer tell FEMA where the product is being shipped to by the Mfg. to prevent it from be taken by FEMA.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I will answer the question for you. No FEMA is not selling to the highest bidder. What FEMA is doing is just what it has been doing all along. When FEMA gets equipment it goes to a private Co who acts as the distributor to the end users. The end user pays the private Co. for the equipment. The state gov. have told us they are bidding against each other on price with these private cos. and that is costing all of us more. When FEMA takes equipment being shipped to a State the State has a contract with a Co for that equipment and has paid for it. The question is does Fema pay the state for the equipment they took from them. Since we have not heard all the states screaming about not being paid for the stolen equipment I assume they have been paid by the private co. who got the equipment from FEMA. As I said before the private co. then sells the equipment on the open market and makes a profit. By the way a number of States no longer tell FEMA where the product is being shipped to by the Mfg. to prevent it from be taken by FEMA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what you said John.... They have been doing it for all supplies and giving the material to private brokers to sell to the highest bidder on  the open market. How do I know that. Trump told us that a number of times.

That was made up and not true. This happens a lot....it's fake news at best. President Trump NEVER said that... never. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what you said John.... They have been doing it for all supplies and giving the material to private brokers to sell to the highest bidder on  the open market. How do I know that. Trump told us that a number of times.

That was made up and not true. This happens a lot....it's fake news at best. President Trump NEVER said that... never. 

It was only made up in the minds of Trump enablers. As I told you Trump is using the private market rather than have the Fed. govt. purchase the supplies and then have FEMA distribute it to the States. FEMA acts as the go between the maker of the product and the private disb. FEMA places the order  and the product is delivered to the Private Co., and the private co. pays the mfg. The private co then sells the material to the states or other authorized buyers, and some have even gotten sold over seas. States have to bid against each other when they buy and this is why we have Gov. tell us they have lost orders because they were out bid by another state or buyer. Trump has said over and over again the Govt. is not in the business of being an order clerk, and the States should do their own buying in the market place and this is the market place Trump created. Fact is fact and neither you nor I can change that. By the way this does not happen with every product only the ones in short supply in the market place.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@

So was trump saying we should come up with disinfectants to inject people with also "mad up"? Of course it wasn't, he actually suggested it.

What a moron !

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@

So was trump saying we should come up with disinfectants to inject people with also "mad up"? Of course it wasn't, he actually suggested it.

What a moron !

That was stupid and made me laugh... but that's not the topic at hand. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I posted one link of many I found on the topic.  Can you verify if the link is false or true?

Apparently you wouldn't accept any answer on any topic.  Since you asked the question, why don't you research it?

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I posted one link of many I found on the topic.  Can you verify if the link is false or true?

Apparently you wouldn't accept any answer on any topic.  Since you asked the question, why don't you research it?

Tex... I did. The article you posted speaks nothing about seizing PPE and reselling it to the highest bidder.... it supported what I already knew and said... through my son's experience and the information I read. FEMA is seizing PPE and sending it to hot spot on an emergency basis. 

Do you believe FEMA is seizing and selling to the highest bidder?

The accusation is... FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder.  Do you actually believe that?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Tex... I did. The article you posted speaks nothing about seizing PPE and reselling it to the highest bidder.... it supported what I already knew and said... through my son's experience and the information I read. FEMA is seizing PPE and sending it to hot spot on an emergency basis. 

The accusation is... FEMA is seizing PPE and selling to the highest bidder.  Do you actually believe that?

Do you?  Without a doubt since you appear to be supporting this President.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Do you?  Without a doubt since you appear to be supporting this President.

This isn't about president Trump... this is about FEMA. Now who dragging politics into the equation?  The issue was never about  FEMA seizing PPE, that we all seem to agree on and I confirmed that it was actually happening,  it was making the outlandish statement, that FEMA was selling PPE to the highest bidder. 

That's a crazy  statement and is a absolutely made up story. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

This isn't about president Trump... this is about FEMA. Now who dragging politics into the equation?  The issue was never about  FEMA seizing PPE, that we all seem to agree on and I confirmed that it was actually happening,  it was making the outlandish statement, that FEMA was selling PPE to the highest bidder. 

Of course Trump is the President...the President is the head of the administration and government...FEMA comes under that administration and government....he is responsible for his administration....as Truman noted 'the buck stops with the President since FEMA is part of the government.

Trump's administration has a reputation for partisan bias.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Of course Trump is the President...the President is the head of the administration and government...FEMA comes under that administration and government....he is responsible for his administration....as Truman noted 'the buck stops with the President since FEMA is part of the government.

Your doing the Texas two step now... FEMA is doing a great job so I guess president Trump gets credit for that? More importantly.... FEMA is not selling seized PPE to the highest bidder. Do you believe FEMA would do such a thing? That's a bigger than Texas lie.

What politicaisn isn't bias towards 'something'? Name one and I'll shoot holes in that every time.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Your doing the Texas two step now... FEMA is doing a great job so I guess president Trump gets credit for that? More importantly.... FEMA is not selling seized PPE to the highest bidder. Do you believe FEMA would do such a thing? That's a bigger than Texas lie.

What politicaisn isn't bias towards 'something'? Name one and I'll shoot holes in that every time.  

NO he is not. FEMA is doing the job Trump allows it todo, and it is not a good job. By law FEMA is supposed to handle the National Stockpile of items, and get them out to the places that need them. Usually States. Trump has stopped FEMA from doing that and is making FEMA run supplies through the private sector. Trump him self told us that. Yes most people have bias toward something, but Trump has bias toward everything but him self, and that is why we have the mess with supplies. Now shoot away. I am still waiting for the shooting concerning Medicare rates. Before you can shoot  holes in the **bleep**

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Well done, Tex!  As Rich has posted a number of times, it's EZ to disprove the false claims of the Right!  IMO, it's because they rely on FoxNews, Breitbart, etc.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

All ready have. It was a story on TV and in the papers not long ago. Read all the papers, and stop watching FOX and you would have seen it.

Honored Social Butterfly

The actions of governors have been a model of quick thinking—a demonstration of the benefits of federalism when the White House is unprepared and disorganized.     

Trump is a great showman, but doesn't know how to govern.  

The virus was going to get here but possibly thousands more will die unnecessarily and tens of thousands will become ill because Trump knew better than the medical people and refused to listen.

Trump failed to lead in foreign affairs.   Kim Jong un is behaving worse than ever.   The tarriff war has shown no gains for the USA except now our prices are higher.   He removed virologist   from China,  ignored CDC warnings and up til a couple weeks ago said the virus was a hoax.   Now he's encourging his lesser intelligent fans to demonstrate against the pandemic experts and they want to be FREE from govt interference to be able to pass along the virus among themselves,  their families and anyone in contact.        

Honored Social Butterfly

beer.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

OH MY,  ignoble donald supporters were all in when he said he could do anything and then DID NOT.    Circle the wagons, the RW is soon going to start eating it's own tail.   

Explain how the FED is intercepting supplies that States ordered for use in their own state.  And putting them in the National Stockpile that Jared stated is not for the States to use.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

I thought Scout was aware of the limitations President Trump has with respect to the 10th Amendment!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I thought Scout was aware of the limitations President Trump has with respect to the 10th Amendment!

Please explain to us what Trumps limitations with respect to the 10th admendent. are.

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Please explain to us what Trumps limitations with respect to the 10th admendent. are.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png