When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why some whites are waking up to racism

Message 171 of 179

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course some are effected by the constant drum beat of "white guilt" and being made to feel good if they "confess and atone". It is all too pervasive in our society.

So you claim.  Does your all-knowing view believe that applies to Gary Johnson?  Can't imagine you even bothered to read the article...it's not like you.

I recall a while back there were some who could not even contemplate the "soft racism of lowered expectations". No, what couldn't contemplate was your insistance that lowered expectations was a fact.  Only in the minds of those who don't have the ability to accept the fact that not everyone agree's with their racist views.  They could not allow themselves to look at how assuming that blacks cannot possibly make it without the beneficent hand of whites was, in fact, racism.  I'm not aware of anyone who thinks blacks can't make it without the "beneficent hand of whites....just you and Limblah.  They could not see the elitism and racism in that. Actually, they saw clearly the racism in the insistance that it exists.  And yet, it is that very attitude that is responsibly for so much suffering withing the black community..  Actually, it's attitudes like yours.

Do whites use the dreaded "n-word"? Yep. Do blacks use the permissible "h-word"? Yep. As has been pointed, out group identity has been around for a long time. Blaming someone else for their problems is human nature exploited by pols.

LMAO!  "rk" having a conversation with himself.  Classic!!!  There's never any disagreement.

Example - some posters label Trump's call for a wall racist when it is actually a national security issue. And again, 'rk" creates his straw argument.  Have you ever considered the fact that it isn't the wall; it was calling the immigrants rapists and murders?  Naw, that would make too much sense.  Obviously, the Canadian border is also a national security issue as well, yet not getting much chat.  Why is that? Oh yeah, not many Mexicans crossing that border.  Yet, those same posters would never think of the Dems caving in to the racism of BLM as racist.  The "racism of BLM". LOL. Obviously, you are very confused.  What a pity.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 179

Of course some are effected by the constant drum beat of "white guilt" and being made to feel good if they "confess and atone". It is all too pervasive in our society.

I recall a while back there were some who could not even contemplate the "soft racism of lowered expectations". They could not allow themselves to look at how assuming that blacks cannot possibly make it without the beneficent hand of whites was, in fact, racism. They could not see the elitism and racism in that. And yet, it is that very attitude that is responsibly for so much suffering withing the black community.

Do whites use the dreaded "n-word"? Yep. Do blacks use the permissible "h-word"? Yep. As has been pointed, out group identity has been around for a long time. Blaming someone else for their problems is human nature exploited by pols. Example - some posters label Trump's call for a wall racist when it is actually a national security issue. Yet, those same posters would never think of the Dems caving in to the racism of BLM as racist.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 179

@rker321 wrote:

Great post Centrist, it is great to see that many now realizes that racism has been an intrinsic part of our culture.

Thank you, rker.  I truly appreciate it!

Now that many are waking up, it has also come the time to accept those "minorities"  as part of the citizenship of this country.....regardless of any hyphen or not.  Man Wink

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 179

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Why some whites are waking up to racism

more at: Some Whites Are Waking Up....Are You?

It's progress to see some whites pulling their heads out of the sand; it bodes well for the country.

It's also interesting to note that during last nights Libertarian Town Meeting on CNN, Libertarian Presidential Candidate, Gary Johnson said when asked what he thought about "Black Lives Matter", "What it has done for me is, is that my head's been in the sand on this. That's what it's done for me. And that I think we've all had our head's in the sand and let's wake up. This discrimination does exist, it has existed and for me personally, you know, slap, slap, wake up."  

It's nice to see the racists and bigots, of which a few post here on this forum, are starting to get drowned out by the more intelligent and aware voices of their own race.

Am I waking up - NO - at least not to anything that A Domestic American Terrorist Organization (BLM) is recommending - when they CALL FOR and Inspire the Killing of American Law Enforcement.....................

As far as all the - Drowning - when the American Political Environment returns to something resembling normalcy after this November..................

All the - Racism Epiphanies by the Likes of Gary Johnson & Hillary Clinton & Bernie Sanders will also Recede with the Tide - allowing once again - for ample Dunes of Sand to bury ones head in - if one is so inclined

Racism is Not a American Law Enforcement Issue and the FACTS bear this out..................

Racism is a Human Phenomenon that transcends all Geographical Boundaries and has existed since the dawn of Mankind

American Racism is a - American - Cultural - Economic - Social and Political Issue and has been around for 240 years

American Politicians Grandstanding Q4 Years and upstart Domestic Terrorist Organizations Anarchy both mimick the Oceans tides with periodic ebbs and flows -

Sand however is always abundent and anyone who believes Politicians like Gary Johnson and all the others who claim they were only recently made aware of American Racism and have been genuinely inspired by the BLM movement and will now carry the Racism Torch High and Wide until irradicated

Let me know how much traction the movement is getting from said Politicians when the Election is over..........................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 179

Yes, people need to see the overt racism in this country and work on ending it.  

Interesting that Gary Johnson seemed to be surprised about racism as he was the Gov of a State with tons of Hispanic and Native Americans....he obviously was living in a bubble to miss the racist attacks especially on Native Americans.  .   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 179

Interesting that Gary Johnson seemed to be surprised about racism as he was the Gov of a State with tons of Hispanic and Native Americans....he obviously was living in a bubble to miss the racist attacks especially on Native Americans.  .   

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 179

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 179

Great post Centrist, it is great to see that many now realizes that racism has been an intrinsic part of our culture. Now that many are waking up, it has also come the time to accept those "minorities"  as part of the citizenship of this country.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 179 of 179

Not long ago, Becky Deen Tai would never have imagined herself attending a civic meeting about police officers’ treatment of African Americans.

She’d grown up a white girl in a family with roots in the Deep South, and only recently had become “more aware of how unaware I am,” she said, later recalling her astonishment at learning via social media that black mothers often lecture their sons on how to avoid being targeted by law enforcement.

Yet Tai had felt compelled to attend the recent forum in Silver Spring, Md., after watching a stream of amateur videos in the news showing fatal encounters between police and blacks across the country. There was Ferguson, Mo., South Carolina, Minnesota — that very week, in fact, a video had flashed of a North Miami policeman shooting and wounding a black male caregiver, even as he lay on the ground with his hands raised.

“Now they’re taping it and it’s harder to stay away,” said Tai, 53, a special education teacher who moved to Silver Spring from Atlanta a year ago. “I didn’t have to think about the problem because I didn’t have to see it. Now it’s in front of me.”

As the nation’s first African American president completes his second term, the country’s racial divide has grown more pronounced, bursting into full view during heated debates over issues such as income inequality, jobs, educational opportunities and, perhaps most prominently, how the criminal justice system treats blacks.

The videos’ influential role recalls how television news footage shaped white public opinion during the civil rights movement, when cameras captured Southern police officers using hoses and dogs to control black demonstrators. A few years later, television coverage of the Vietnam War had a similar galvanizing effect.

more at: Some Whites Are Waking Up....Are You?

It's progress to see some whites pulling their heads out of the sand; it bodes well for the country.

It's also interesting to note that during last nights Libertarian Town Meeting on CNN, Libertarian Presidential Candidate, Gary Johnson said when asked what he thought about "Black Lives Matter", "What it has done for me is, is that my head's been in the sand on this. That's what it's done for me. And that I think we've all had our head's in the sand and let's wake up. This discrimination does exist, it has existed and for me personally, you know, slap, slap, wake up."  

It's nice to see the racists and bigots, of which a few post here on this forum, are starting to get drowned out by the more intelligent and aware voices of their own race.

Kudos
Views
Replies