Why "Racist" is Fake News

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why "Racist" is Fake News

Message 51 of 99

@Richvawrote:

The bottom line here is that if the reader cannot figure out the context of the word "racist" they should stop reading.

When used on this site and in reference to Donald Trump, it has the following meaning.

"a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

Does that help?

No, because to be meaningful, you also have to give your definition of race and prove that it is the same as Trump's.  If it's b : a class or kind of people unified by (i) shared interests, (ii) habits, then  "racist" becomes the same as "cultural bigot", which I submit is a good thing.  If it's 3 a : (ii) a taxonomic category (such as a subspecies) representing such a group, then "racist" is in the same sense that German Nazis were racist, a bad thing.  Your evil is that you confuse a good thing with a bad thing under the same label.  

For example, many liberals criticized the Mexican culture for bull fighting which made them racist of the cultural bigot kind.  Otherwise, many liberals often pretend that all cultures are equally good which is absolute insanity.  And, then may liberals hypocritically call other cultural bigots "racist" to put them into the same category as Nazis.

Just to be clear, I am a cultural bigot and proud of it.  I believe that all cultures are unequally bad.  If I think a country is s-hole, it is because I think its culture is s-hole and not because I think its citizens have s-hole genes. 

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 99

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

What's very telling is that you are taking broad generalizations and assuming you are correct.  In another thread you talked about the large number of Mexican beggars (among other things).  Did you ever stop and ask them what their nationality was or whether or not they were actually Citizens?  How wold you know what they were?

Two thoughts come to my mind "There are none so blind as those who will not see"  and another one from Forest Gump that I can't post here.

Acute schizophrenics see things that aren't there.

I would agree with that statement.  Some of them also consider themselves to be far more intelligent than they actually are.

You ought to know.

I can't help but notice that you never responded to my question as to how your statement is not the 1B definition of racist that you posted.  FYI, you should quit pretending to be an academic, it is very easy to see through and is not working well for you.

No, I never alleged that they were illegal, just Mexican, and they had straight black hair and olive skin in a community that is about 90% Mexican.  The probability that they were other Hispanic or Indian was substantially less than 10%.

How do you know that I am pretending to be an Academic?  I have an M.S. in Metallurgical Engineering and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.

And neither degree, if indeed you actually have them, has anything to do with what you are posting about.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 99

@sp362wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

What's very telling is that you are taking broad generalizations and assuming you are correct.  In another thread you talked about the large number of Mexican beggars (among other things).  Did you ever stop and ask them what their nationality was or whether or not they were actually Citizens?  How wold you know what they were?

Two thoughts come to my mind "There are none so blind as those who will not see"  and another one from Forest Gump that I can't post here.

I would agree with that statement.  Some of them also consider themselves to be far more intelligent than they actually are.

You ought to know.

I can't help but notice that you never responded to my question as to how your statement is not the 1B definition of racist that you posted.  FYI, you should quit pretending to be an academic, it is very easy to see through and is not working well for you.

No, I never alleged that they were illegal, just Mexican, and they had straight black hair and olive skin in a community that is about 90% Mexican.  The probability that they were other Hispanic or Indian was substantially less than 10%.

How do you know that I am pretending to be an Academic?  I have an M.S. in Metallurgical Engineering and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 99

I cannot decide if the Conservative propensity to retreat into literalism is so they don't have to admit their incipid racism to themselves or to others.

While they cannot get away with the blatant racism of the old "Colored Laws" that legalized Jim Crow and provided the basis for Hitler's anti-Jewish legislation in the 1930's, the NRAGOP has no problem pursuing and obtaining racism in the real world with their "bigot by ommission" policies.

They get rid of Revenue Sharing when they cut taxes for the rich by 60% so now schools are totally dependant on the State AND their local community. First the GOPerLords move jobs to the 'burbs and their vassals in city Government neglect to provide bus service from the black neighborhoods to the new jobs and their vassals in Real Estate make sure no non-whites can buy a house near the jobs. BINGO! A new ghetto as restricted as the one in 1940 Warsaw - no whites, no jobs, no cops, no decent education, no transportation. Then NRAGOPers moan and groan how the people in the ghetto THEY created are not behaving themselves.

Republicans deny the ghettos their laws and governmental decisions created are a totally evil form of racism BECAUSE they didn't say ANYTHING about people of color in the laws and decisions.

This willful ignorance concerning the consequences of their actions is the hallmark of the NeoRepublican.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 99

didn't you understand?  And, you confuse "racist" with "bigot."

That is what context is for. 

con·text
ˈkäntekst/
noun

1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

Most people can figure out the meaning from context, they don't need a dictionary.

A person can be, probably are,  both a racist and a bigot. So in the context of a racist statement or action it follows they are also a bigot.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 99

@Olderscout66wrote:

It is the height of conceit for Regressives to pretend their "secret dogwhistles" used to show solidarity with Nazis, KKK and White Supremacists are undetectable by anyone not of their tribe.

It is a bizarre form of elitism for them to attempt to lecture the anti-racists on the subject.

But most of all it's just plain silly for anyone supporting the NRAGOP to imagine somehow they are NOT racist when they support a party that has been pushing a racist, misogynist, xenophobic and homophobic litany of legislation for the past 30 years. Claim all you like, intelligent people will simply look at the Republican legislative record and understand they are what they legislate.

Solidarity with the Nazis and Kluxers is a rather serious charge requiring more than some vague reference to "dog whistles" as justification.

Or is your "proof" like Delta going to GA for tax breaks?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 99

It is the height of conceit for Regressives to pretend their "secret dogwhistles" used to show solidarity with Nazis, KKK and White Supremacists are undetectable by anyone not of their tribe.

It is a bizarre form of elitism for them to attempt to lecture the anti-racists on the subject.

But most of all it's just plain silly for anyone supporting the NRAGOP to imagine somehow they are NOT racist when they support a party that has been pushing a racist, misogynist, xenophobic and homophobic litany of legislation for the past 30 years. Claim all you like, intelligent people will simply look at the Republican legislative record and understand they are what they legislate.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 99

@alferdpackerwrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

What do you know about, Plato's Allegory of the Cave?

What valid and empirically proved evidence can you post links to that irrefutably proves that Plato's Allegory of the Cave is valid and applicable here and now?

Excessive volubility has often been used as a smokescreen to hide deliberately calculated mendacity, and is recognized by both law enforcement and the mental health profession as a red warning flag of the possibility of mendacity being employed.      

In the vernacular, the expression "baffle with bullbleep" has a similar meaning.

Lol, I love your posts. This made my day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 99

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

But, just to make this constructive criticism, instead of saying, "racist," liberals should substitute the relevant parts of the definitions or "racism" and "race" into their speech, i.e., one of the 55 different combinations given above.  Fat chance, but  I fulfilled my moral obligation to make my criticism constructive. 

Au contraire.....you fulfilled your obligation to let others know that like many Conservatives posting here, the term "racist" confuses you.  Yes, it's very telling that YOU need to know which definition applies.

It's very telling that you don't need to know what you are talking about. 

It's very telling that you don't understand what he's talking about.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 99

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@sp362wrote:

You ought to know.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors