Kudos
Views

Re: Why "Racist" is Fake News

Message 1 of 99

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 99

@Olderscout66wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

I am innocent until proven guilty.

As are we all, but what you fail to understand is that your posts seeking to defend racism by accusing those who expose it as being racist marks you as a supporter of racism and racists. You seek a world in which "A" and "NOT A" are both TRUE, which works for quanta, but not for people.

When people are involved, this sort of argument results not in questions with answers that can be discerned but with paradoxes that seek to conceal, not reveal.

Too verbose, especially for someone who pretends to be a technical writer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 99

@aruzinskywrote:

I am innocent until proven guilty.

As are we all, but what you fail to understand is that your posts seeking to defend racism by accusing those who expose it as being racist marks you as a supporter of racism and racists. You seek a world in which "A" and "NOT A" are both TRUE, which works for quanta, but not for people.

When people are involved, this sort of argument results not in questions with answers that can be discerned but with paradoxes that seek to conceal, not reveal.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 99

@Olderscout66wrote:

My undergrad degree is in Physics, but I did very well in my Lit classes as well, I also made a couple bucks writing papers for Electrical Engineers who were functionally illiterate when it came to prose or even technical writing. Later in life, I had a number of Engineers in my employ, and discovered my admin assistant was much better at putting their thoughts into words then they were, granted, she was pretty sharp and went on to bigger and better things after I convinced her to get some additional credentials. Seems there is virtually no connection between the ability to look up answers in some Engineering "table of values" and the ability to think thru to the end of a sentence. Nor does Engineering expertise translate into any concept of how events in the real world involving non-physical interactions operate - things like how changing taxes leads to wealth redistribution from the middle to the top.

" I also made a couple bucks writing papers for Electrical Engineers who were functionally illiterate when it came to prose or even technical writing. Later in life, I had a number of Engineers in my employ, and discovered my admin assistant was much better at putting their thoughts into words then they were"

Well, if you didn't want illiterate engineers, you should have hired ones who authored and refereed papers in peer reviewed engineering journals, such as yours truly.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 99

My undergrad degree is in Physics, but I did very well in my Lit classes as well, I also made a couple bucks writing papers for Electrical Engineers who were functionally illiterate when it came to prose or even technical writing. Later in life, I had a number of Engineers in my employ, and discovered my admin assistant was much better at putting their thoughts into words then they were, granted, she was pretty sharp and went on to bigger and better things after I convinced her to get some additional credentials. Seems there is virtually no connection between the ability to look up answers in some Engineering "table of values" and the ability to think thru to the end of a sentence. Nor does Engineering expertise translate into any concept of how events in the real world involving non-physical interactions operate - things like how changing taxes leads to wealth redistribution from the middle to the top.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 99

@ChasKy53wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Bear in mind, it was SP362 who accused me of pretending to be an "academic" without saying the kind.   Thus, both Chasky53 and SP362 should disclose their academic backgrounds that qualify them to make statements about my academic background. My statement about your academic background (or anyone else's) is that it has nothing to do with IQ, as you erroneously claimed. And, what is your ideal academic background for pontificating about definition of "racist"? Perhaps English and Social Science? Neither of you are forthright and candid. I was very forthright and candid in what I stated, sorry you're confused about that.

"Perhaps English and Social Science?

Is that your academic background?

"My statement about your academic background (or anyone else's) is that it has nothing to do with IQ, as you erroneously claimed."

That is absolutely ridiculous.  Name one person with an IQ under 70 who has an advanced degree in Physics from an accredited college.

Incidentally, what makes me more qualified than a Ph.D. in English or Social Science, besides having a higher IQ, is that my training makes me very good at passing open book tests.  Almost all tests given in my graduate courses of electrical engineering and mathematics were open book tests because the emphasis was on objectively solving problems instead of rote memorization.  These days, the Internet is an open book. Furthermore, unlike English and Social Science, in Electrical Engineering, there are no "essay questions" by which a professor can flunk or pass a student based on whether the professor likes or hates a student. Indeed, some of my professors hated me but gave me an "A" because they had no choice.  But, I heard rumors of Humanity professors being bribed with sexual favors by female students.  That can't happen in electrical engineering because test questions are absolutely objective.

Yep, my background is in English and also electrical engineering.

The word 'narcissism' came to mind when reading your post.

Having a degree doesn't mean someone has an above average IQ, many with lower than average IQ's have degrees in many different things, including the two you have degrees in. Many members of Mensa have no degree, so your statements alluding that you have a high IQ because of having your degrees is ridiculous. Degrees or IQ's have nothing to do with common sense either, and very little do with someone being honest.

You're not impressing me.

"my background is in English and also electrical engineering."

Would that be B.A., B.S. M.A., M.S, and/or Ph.D., oh great candid one?

"many with lower than average IQ's have degrees in many different things, including the two you have degrees in."

Name one with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 99

@aruzinskywrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Bear in mind, it was SP362 who accused me of pretending to be an "academic" without saying the kind.   Thus, both Chasky53 and SP362 should disclose their academic backgrounds that qualify them to make statements about my academic background. My statement about your academic background (or anyone else's) is that it has nothing to do with IQ, as you erroneously claimed. And, what is your ideal academic background for pontificating about definition of "racist"? Perhaps English and Social Science? Neither of you are forthright and candid. I was very forthright and candid in what I stated, sorry you're confused about that.

"My statement about your academic background (or anyone else's) is that it has nothing to do with IQ, as you erroneously claimed."

That is absolutely ridiculous.  Name one person with an IQ under 70 who has an advanced degree in Physics from an accredited college.

Incidentally, what makes me more qualified than a Ph.D. in English or Social Science, besides having a higher IQ, is that my training makes me very good at passing open book tests.  Almost all tests given in my graduate courses of electrical engineering and mathematics were open book tests because the emphasis was on objectively solving problems instead of rote memorization.  These days, the Internet is an open book. Furthermore, unlike English and Social Science, in Electrical Engineering, there are no "essay questions" by which a professor can flunk or pass a student based on whether the professor likes or hates a student. Indeed, some of my professors hated me but gave me an "A" because they had no choice.  But, I heard rumors of Humanity professors being bribed with sexual favors by female students.  That can't happen in electrical engineering because test questions are absolutely objective.

Yep, my background is in English and also electrical engineering.

The word 'narcissism' came to mind when reading your post.

Having a degree doesn't mean someone has an above average IQ, many with lower than average IQ's have degrees in many different things, including the two you have degrees in. Many members of Mensa have no degree, so your statements alluding that you have a high IQ because of having your degrees is ridiculous. Degrees or IQ's have nothing to do with common sense either, and very little do with someone being honest.

You're not impressing me.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 99

This is a very funny story about liberal racism of the genetic kind:

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/living/feat-mindy-kaling-brother-affirmative-action/index.html

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 99

@ChasKy53wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 99

Those who try to pretend that trump and those of the KKK and other hate groups who feel emboldened  by the racist pig in the WH,  have no morals. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors