Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Why is everyone surprised??

Message 1 of 12

aw shucks ma'am thanks for the kudos ... still learning my way around here ...I just traveled across country from North Carloina to norhern California what a difference... but I was quite shocked as to how many motel chains will no longer recognize  the AARP discount and prefer to call it the Senior Rate... thats right piss off us old folks we didn't get this old living on sunnybrook farm can u dig that??

keep staying free!

Peace and Stay Free!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12
those people don't scare me or intimidate one bit ... I didn't get to the age of 70 by accident and having come of age in the 60s I have heard it all... but thanks for your support ... just learning my way around here
Peace and Stay Free!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@Captpeace47 wrote:

well actually i own a small home defense weapon and thats all it is for since at one point my job kept me away from home alot and so i had my wife trained to fire a pistol a Taurus .38 as a matter of fact and a nice little shot gun as well that holds only  3 rounds per California law at the time  but i don't go around brandishing these weapons like im John Wayne or something... they are strictly for emergency use only... my weapons training history includes serving as an armed responder at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant where I worked the front gate post and once had to draw down on some nut who said he was visiting from Venus and made a weird move reaching under the front seat of his car ... i was scared crapless i might have had to shot this guy or him me ... I am also a former corrections officer for the great golden state of California where i had to qualify on a number of weapons including a semi automatic rifle... no one can tell me you need a piece like that to go hunting or what not ... they are made for killing humans period... its no coincidence that the targets are in the form of a human and the more hits you make in the kill zone the higher your score ... so yes the Captain of Peace is a gun owner but not a gun nut... as i told my wife don't shoot like they do on tv when they take a shot and then look to see if they made hit .... just keep pulling the trigger until you her click click ... I am not anti 2nd amendment ... but i am all for control so us sane folks can keep our defense weapons ... however a 70 year old man working a temp job for the holidays is not exactly what i would call making Ameiica Geat Again byt any stretch especially when its espoused by a rich man who didn't even know Puerto Ricans were Americans-- i appreciate your input and love to engage in intelligent debate any time-- stay free baby! 

Welcome to the forum Captpeace.  Looking for intelligent adult discussion of issues is a good thing, but you most often won't find that here from the right. Most likely you'll find distraction, insults, ongoing questions in answer to any question you may ask, sometimes simply personal attacks. It won't take long to know what poster(s) to expect those things from.

Happy posting and again, welcome to the forum.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

Capt. I have a feeling that anyone laid off at 70 and needing to go to USPS for the holidays really doesn't have to worry about any tax plan. The 47% is unaffected.

As to the NRA, I'll guess that you are not interested in being a gun owner so why are you concerned with their representation of those who are?? I am more concerned with the actions of the killers than I am about the gun, knife, or truck they use.

Your assumptions are sickening and insulting as always ("the 47%", in case your shallow thinking won't allow to figure out what I was referring to). Even those who are in the "47%" who are seniors will get screwed on this erroneous tax cut plan, I guess you never read the CBO report. Oh, I forgot, you don't need to read sources of information provided for you, the facts in them may disagree with your assumptions and erroneous opinions.

The NRA doesn't really represent the average gun owner, they are a lobbying group representing the weapons manufacturers, let's keep things straight.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

well actually i own a small home defense weapon and thats all it is for since at one point my job kept me away from home alot and so i had my wife trained to fire a pistol a Taurus .38 as a matter of fact and a nice little shot gun as well that holds only  3 rounds per California law at the time  but i don't go around brandisihing these weapons like im John Wayne or something... they are strictly for emergency use only... my weapons training history includes serving as an armed responder at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant where I worked the front gate post and once had to draw down on some nut who said he was visiting from Venus and made a weird move reaching under the front seat of his car ... i was scared crapless i might have had to shot this guy or him me ... I am also a former corrections offficer for the great golden state of California where i had to qualify on a number of weapons including a semi automatic rifle... no one can tell me you need a piece like that to go hunting or what not ... they are made for killing humans period... its no coincidence that the targets are in the form of a human and the more hits you make in the kill zone the higher your score ... so yes the Captain of Peace is a gun owner but not a gun nut... as i told my wife don't shoot like they do on tv when they take a shot and then look to see if they made hit .... just keep pulling the trigger until you her click click ... I am not anti 2nd amendment ... but i am all for control so us sane folks can keep our defense weapons ... however a 70 year old man working a temp job for the holidays is not exactly what i would call making Ameiica Geat Again byt any stretch espeically when its espoused by a rich man who didn't even know Puerto Ricans were Americans-- i apprciate your input and love to engage in inteliigent debate any time-- stay free baby! 

Peace and Stay Free!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@rk9152 wrote:

Capt. I have a feeling that anyone laid off at 70 and needing to go to USPS for the holidays really doesn't have to worry about any tax plan. The 47% is unaffected.

As to the NRA, I'll guess that you are not interested in being a gun owner so why are you concerned with their representation of those who are?? I am more concerned with the actions of the killers than I am about the gun, knife, or truck they use.

Then you should be concerned about the NRA because they support them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

you must mean the ditto heads and the sean the pawn hannity crowd no doubt.... oh not to worry having being raised in NYC spending my first 8 years of life on the lower east side i am pretty thick skinned LOL. I usually remain silent on political issues and in fact removed myelf from FB which i refer to as Hate Book but seeing as we are all seniors here and are all feeling the brunt of Dump Truck and his crowd thought maybe it was time to speak up again (!) (?)

Peace and Stay Free!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

I'm really, really sorry you got laid off at 70.   Smiley Sad   My boss is 75, and my favorite coworker in the world is 71.  Whatever happened to caring about institutional knowledge?  Smiley Sad    All discrimination is stupid, but age discrimination has to be the worst. 

And yes, I'm counting the minutes to the 2018 elections as well. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

@Captpeace47—Gotta agree! No one should be surprised by the repulsive idiot in chief and his supporters, and yet he keeps hitting cesspool lows that many could have never imagined.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views