From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why does Trump keep backing himself into a corner?

Message 1 of 15
Axis of Evil and all that. Threat days on TV post 9/11. Iran and DPRK escaped the ire of Bush, because Iraq turned out NOT to be a cakewalk, and we WERE NOT greeted as liberators.

Ive heard Trumps story before...including Nixon expounding he would #MAGA.

Yup, the world is a dangerous place, and according to TRUMP 2 countries are responsible. All we have to do is kill them and he will have done part of his job to MAGA. then, deport all those latinos trying to escape wars that were fomented under the MAGA umbrella. Then the brown ones that follow the God of Abraham.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

"Why does Trump keep backing himself into a corner"

It's called "rope a dope" and it's a target rich environment. He is the ultimate counter puncher and time after time he's right. 

Regarding Korea.... We all "should" know by now diplomacy has failed to prevent NK from becoming a nuclear capable, first strike nation.

Who will they target? 

Probably the 38* parallel forces and Japan, since Americans are there and the Japanesse are hated. NK wants control of the south and believe the south will capitulate. 

Is the world willing to accept a nuclear first strike from North Korea? Iran is watching.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

2)  Its not for me to worry about.  Some people are just too emotional IMO.

3)  We have a pretty large defence budget.  It is the job of Congress to come up with the money.  IF North Korea attacks us, I do believe our spineless congress would figure out where to get the money.  They certainly did during WW2.

You seem to think President Trump is starting this fight and you are wrong.  If Rocket Man picks a fight with us, we will defend ourselves and it will lead to the total destruction of North Korea.  

Have a great day today.  I will be working outside all day.

1)  I don't care how.  That is why we have professional military leaders.  Its their job and they are perfectly capable of "getting the job done" without any advice from me or @nctarheel.

Sounds like you agree Trump's only option is war with North Korea.  Nuclear or conventional?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@nctarheel wrote:

And so much for a serious conversation about this subject.

As is made clear above, those that support TRUMP won't enter into a serious conversation about what this administration does or the words that come out of THE PORCINE PRESIDENT'S mouth.

I wonder why????

Ignorance mostly. Also contempt and hatred for anything they perceive as being 'Left', along with contempt and hatred for the 'Guvment'. To people like that the Manchild Trump is their hero and can do no wrong.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

And then here is what he really said today:

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea."

That tiny little word, IF...

I agree with the above statement and it makes me "feel" good knowing we have a president that is willing to do whatever it takes to protect the American people from the thugs around the world.

So tell me, how would one destroy North Korea without taking South Korea with it?  I guess we should also destroy the Middle East and others?

This President can't do what he threatens to do. Idle threats mean nothing except  to provoke actions by others. He is as nuts as the one he threatens.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea."

I agree with the above statement and it makes me "feel" good knowing we have a president that is willing to do whatever it takes to protect the American people from the thugs around the world.

First of all, very little thinking went into THE PORCINE PRESIDENT'S statement above so let's do the thinking for him now.

Why don't you join me, @jimc91, by answering a few questions??????

(1) How would you think militarily THE PORCINE PRESIDENT would accomplish the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of North Korea? By use of nuclear weapons? By an invasion of ground troops? By air? Sea? You do realize that North Korea has about 6,000,000 troops, chemical weapons, 4,000 tanks, 8,500 atillery pieces, and other weapons of war.

(2) Who do you think, with their MASSIVE MILITARY, would come to North Korea's aide through treaty agreement? Then what would THE PORCINE PRESIDENT do?

(3) Let's say we do initiate the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of North Korea; from where would the finances come from to conduct the exercise.

Yes, THE PORCINE PRESIDENT continuously puts his mouth in motion before he puts his brain in gear.

That doesn't mean that we have to do the same.

Please answer the questions above to show that you have thought deeper about what the President has said. The deeper thought has to go above and beyond your statement of saying "he'll do whatever it takes".

1)  I don't care how.  That is why we have professional military leaders.  Its their job and they are perfectly capable of "getting the job done" without any advice from me or @nctarheel.

3)  We have a pretty large defence budget.  It is the job of Congress to come up with the money.  IF North Korea attacks us, I do believe our spineless congress would figure out where to get the money.  They certainly did during WW2.

You seem to think President Trump is starting this fight and you are wrong.  If Rocket Man picks a fight with us, we will defend ourselves and it will lead to the total destruction of North Korea.  

And so much for a serious conversation about this subject.

As is made clear above, those that support TRUMP won't enter into a serious conversation about what this administration does or the words that come out of THE PORCINE PRESIDENT'S mouth.

I wonder why????

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

jims730656 wrote:

I have thought for some time that this president had spent too much time as CEO, where threats usually work, and if they don't he can  ignore it, walk it back or blame an underling.  He's obviously used to the big chair, but just not the one in the White House.

Bluffing blustering and making threats doesn't work when dealing with other nations...

For example, look at what Mexico said to him about Mexico's paying for a wall that was a campaign promise - he was told just plain flat NO.

Vicente Fox literally held up the middle finger to trump in a video that went viral.

Saudi Arabia played him for the fool that he is.

The international community is mocking his incompetence.

So is a majority of American Citizens.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

First of all, very little thinking went into THE PORCINE PRESIDENT'S statement above so let's do the thinking for him now.

(1) How would you think militarily THE PORCINE PRESIDENT would accomplish the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of North Korea? By use of nuclear weapons? By an invasion of ground troops? By air? Sea? You do realize that North Korea has about 6,000,000 troops, chemical weapons, 4,000 tanks, 8,500 atillery pieces, and other weapons of war.

(2) Who do you think, with their MASSIVE MILITARY, would come to North Korea's aide through treaty agreement? Then what would THE PORCINE PRESIDENT do?

(3) Let's say we do initiate the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of North Korea; from where would the finances come from to conduct the exercise.

Yes, THE PORCINE PRESIDENT continuously puts his mouth in motion before he puts his brain in gear.

Please answer the questions above to show that you have thought deeper about what the President has said. The deeper thought has to go above and beyond your statement of saying "he'll do whatever it takes".

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

I have thought for some time that this president had spent too much time as CEO, where threats usually work, and if they don't he can  ignore it, walk it back or blame an underling.  He's obviously used to the big chair, but just not the one in the White House.

Not that I want Trump to be an ass-kisser like Obama was, but a LITTLE understanding of how the new job works would be nice.  I'm pretty certain Trump thinks he's doing it the right way, but 'his way' can have more serious implications now than just what a corporate bigshot can get away with.

But hey, maybe his way might actually work.  All the previous attempts to reign in N. Korea have failed miserably, and all we can do at this point is to hope like hell it will.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors