Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
237
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

237 Views
Message 21 of 68

                   That's Trump and his supporter's "Hypocrisy on Steroids". Don't trust the FBI , CIA , DOJ or any Intelligence Agency until further notice from Trump and Faux "news".

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
237
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
243
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

243 Views
Message 22 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
yes. the hiden mesage there is.. * he's not smart enough to keep from screwing himself*

No hidden message! I would do the same and recommend the same to you. Actually, I think he is almost as smart as he claims.


I find it interesting that as a conservative you have less confidence in the upper echelon Justice system than a lot of Liberals do. If only you would put that stink eye on the entire system.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
243
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
238
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

238 Views
Message 23 of 68

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

To stop release of the KGB Musical "Singin' in the Yellow Rain" starring lil' Donny Jerk Trump as the downspout.


LOL

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
238
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
214
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

214 Views
Message 24 of 68

So true CT regarding your 2 truism's. The man and his team have alot to worry about.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
214
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
224
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

224 Views
Message 25 of 68

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump should not talk to Mueller at all,


That's what Trump's lawyers also said ..... because Trump will lie to Mueller and commit perjury.


He should listen to his lawyers not because "he will lie to Mueller" but because anything he says could lead down another path dragging out the witch hunt even further.


Sorry NOT, that dog won't hunt. Unlike Gowdy Doody and ken Starr before him, Mueller has no political axe to grind and will not pursue every slender thread just to keep the investigation going.

 

What Mueller WILL do is continue to assemble the facts to prosecute Der Trumper for conspiring with the Russians to influence the 2016 election, obstruction of jusice (many many counts), purjury (even more counts), money laundrying, tax evasion and criminal fraud. The Trump White House staff and advisors will go down for conspiracy, lying to Federal investigators, money laundering, obstruction of justice and money laundrying.


Lots of luck on your "collusion quest". The reason you have heard nothing is there is nothing to hear. Must be Reagan's fault (the collusion). If only we increased the taxes prior to Reagan!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
224
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
223
Views

Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

223 Views
Message 26 of 68

Loulit, HONEST detectives almost always ask two questions of potential suspects.

 

1. Will you agree to take a polygraph exam?

 

2. Will you come to the office for an interview?

 

If the answer to both questions above is yes, the potential suspect falls to the bottom of the suspect list.

 

If the answer to one or both of the questions above is NO, the individual moves to the TOP of the Suspect list. Once again, we're talking about HONEST detectives. There are far too many crooks wearing a badge and gun.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
223
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
225
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

225 Views
Message 27 of 68

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Loulit wrote, "What a bunch of crap. Innocent people go to jail all the time. The Innocence Project has forced the release of over 100 men on Death Row through DNA testing. Imagine how many innocents were murdered by the state before DNA  testing was available."

 

OK Lou, fair point, but it's not a bunch of crap. The circumstances you're describing have nothing to do with Trump's case. In the kind of cases Lou's citing, we're not talking about normal interviews by the police. We're talking about interviews, without a defense attorney present, which go on for well more than 24 hours, where the defendant never has an opportunity to sleep. The crooked detectives wear down the defendant, who has no legal counsel present, until he confesses to a crime he never committed. In addition, it's not unusual for the police to plant phony evidence.

 

Without that confession, the testimony was fine. I stand by my comment, an innocent defendant has nothing to fear. But what I should have done, was qualify that statement by saying in a normal interview with honest police officers.

 

Lou, Robert Mueller is not going to question Trump for more than 24 hours without sleep. And you can bet his attorney will be in the room.


I see your point. It's just that line drives me crazy. Cops don't tell people it's legal for them to lie to the suspect during interviews (interrogations) and that's fine. I can see that it's necessary for police officers to lie in order to get the suspect to tell the truth. I have no problem with that; this is the real world and not everything is pretty. And I was not accusing any offcers of being dishonest. That was not my intent in that post.  All I'm saying is that if you are charged with an offense that might get jail time, well, I suggest you ask for a lawyer even if you're innocent.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
225
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
250
Views

Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

250 Views
Message 28 of 68

Loulit wrote, "What a bunch of crap. Innocent people go to jail all the time. The Innocence Project has forced the release of over 100 men on Death Row through DNA testing. Imagine how many innocents were murdered by the state before DNA  testing was available."

 

OK Lou, fair point, but it's not a bunch of crap. The circumstances you're describing have nothing to do with Trump's case. In the kind of cases Lou's citing, we're not talking about normal interviews by the police. We're talking about interviews, without a defense attorney present, which go on for well more than 24 hours, where the defendant never has an opportunity to sleep. The crooked detectives wear down the defendant, who has no legal counsel present, until he confesses to a crime he never committed. In addition, it's not unusual for the police to plant phony evidence.

 

Without that confession, the testimony was fine. I stand by my comment, an innocent defendant has nothing to fear. But what I should have done, was qualify that statement by saying in a normal interview with honest police officers.

 

Lou, Robert Mueller is not going to question Trump for more than 24 hours without sleep. And you can bet his attorney will be in the room.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
250
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
260
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

260 Views
Message 29 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

 if Trump is so smart, why is he in so much trouble?

Why does he continue to try to stop an investigation that ia growing ever closer to him?

Why does he lies so much about it?

Why does he divert his bases’s attention with silly things like Hillary Clinton every time the heat is turned up?

 

The truth is that when an idiot runs his mouth and lies with every other syllable, eventually the truth and the consequences catch up.

 I have pet rocks that are smarter than the idiot who temporarily sits in the White House. 

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

 


While it is true we have never had a POTUS this stupid, Der Trumper does possess an animal cunning that has allowed him to defraud millions for billions. His serial bankruptcies forced him to use a Russian Money Laundry (Deutsche Bank and Bank of Cyprus) to finance his latest overseas Real Estate scams. 

 

We KNOW Der Trumper is in hock to Russia for a MINIMUM of $130Million, plus a number of his properties sold to Russian Plutocrats for WAY over assessed value and had the KGB not stolen the election for him, we'd never know about those frauds, probably wouldn't even have convicted Trump Scamuversity for multiple fraud.

 

He knows his audience and knows all he has to do to keep the 26% of registered voters who voted for him happy is to keep yelling stuff they'd love to say but know their mommas would whoop 'em if they did.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
260
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
262
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

262 Views
Message 30 of 68

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Any law enforcement professional understands two rock solid truisms.

 

1. If you're telling the truth and haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. You can speak with a prosecutor any time you want because there's nothing to fear.

 

2. If you committed a crime or crimes, and you are lying, you should never talk to the prosecutor..Of course Trump is terrified about committing perjury because he's a pathological liar who almost certainly committed several crimes.


What a bunch of crap. Innocent people go to jail all the time. The Innocence Project has forced the release of over 100 men on Death Row through DNA testing. Imagine how many innocents were murdered by the state before DNA  testing was available. That's not to mention the innocent where no DNA was involved so they have no chance of justice.  If you're charged with a major crime and you're innocent, that's when you should fear most. Shut up and let your lawyer talk.

 

I'm not a big fan of lawyers "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."  Who am I to argue with Shakespeare? Nevertheless, the lawyers have the system rigged. If you are ever charged with a felony the only word that should come out of your mouth is "lawyer."  If the cops say they don't really think you did it, you say, "lawyer." If your asked if you'd like a can of Coke, you say, "lawyer."  If the cops say you can go home if you tell us where you were at 7:30, you say, "lawyer."

 

This stuff about if your innocent you have nothing to fear is just an out right lie.  Let's see, we have the West Memphis 3, The Central Park 5, we have:

 

A record-breaking number of people were exonerated in 2015 — freed after serving time in American prisons for crimes they did not commit.

In all, 149 people spent an average of 15 years in prison before being cleared last year, according to a new report (.pdf) out Wednesday from the National Registry of Exonerations, a project at the University of Michigan Law School.

 

For example, about 28 percent of all exonerations last year came from a single office, Harris County, Texas, because it has rigorously reviewed past convictions. Prosecutors found that their previous, aggressive tactics — threatening defendants with long prison terms to secure guilty pleas — led some defendants to plead guilty to drug crimes that never even occurred.

 

But innocent people have nothing to fear. I really need a cuss word right here but I'm going to go with..."Away, you scullion! You rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe."

 

I love Shakespeare.

 

 

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
262
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors