Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

Message 11 of 68

@aruzinsky

I want no sanctions on Russia because I like the Russian people.  I question the motives of most liberals for wanting sanctions.

Do you also question the motives of Republicans wanting sanctions?  The GOP House approved the bill 419-3 and the GOP Senate voted 98-2.  C'mon.....

I think "election meddling" is hypocritical because Obama meddled in the Israeli election:

Israel isn't our enemy....  C'mon....apples to oranges....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

Message 12 of 68

Let's deal with FACTS. The Republican controlled Senate voted 98-2 to vote for Russian Sanctions.

Donald Trump refused to implement those sanctions.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs conservatives, but everything to do with protecting America. I thought Donald Trump's slogan was "America First". I'm LOL. His real slogan should be "Me First"!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 68

@MIseker wrote:

The CIA director had a wide ranging interview on Jan 29 while Nunes and Trump kept the upraor about the phony memo going. 

you can find it yourself, there is even a video of it. He expains he keeps Trump areast of things, and also stated :

Russia is set to continue its campaign of meddling in foreign elections by targeting the congressional midterm races in America, the head of the CIA has warned.

Mike Pompeo, the director of the agency, told the BBC he had not seen a “significant decrease” in Russian activity and his concerns extend to the House and Senate polls in November.

“I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that but I’m confident that America will be able to have a free and fair election [and] that we will push back in a way that is sufficiently robust that the impact they have on our election won’t be great,” Pompeo said.

SO, if Trump knows this, why no sanctions on Russia given all the support in the legislature?

I want no sanctions on Russia because I like the Russian people.  I question the motives of most liberals for wanting sanctions.  I think "election meddling" is hypocritical because Obama meddled in the Israeli election:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

I think the true motive of most liberals for wanting Russian sanctions is that they dislike the Russia's treatment of homosexuals.  In particular, these liberals dislike Russia's law preventing the corruption of children's minds:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Protecting_Children_from_Information_Harmful_to_Their_Health_and_De...

In a recent "cross over" episode of CW TV shows, Supergirl congratulated her lesbian foster sister for having a one night stand with another lesbian.  Since this was obviously directed at children, I agree with Russia.     

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

if Trump is so smart, why is he in so much trouble?

Why does he continue to try to stop an investigation that ia growing ever closer to him?

Why does he lies so much about it?

Why does he divert his bases’s attention with silly things like Hillary Clinton every time the heat is turned up?

The truth is that when an idiot runs his mouth and lies with every other syllable, eventually the truth and the consequences catch up.

I have pet rocks that are smarter than the idiot who temporarily sits in the White House. 

Temporarily and unconstitutionally (illegally) sits in the White House!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 68

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Any law enforcement professional understands two rock solid truisms.

1. If you're telling the truth and haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. You can speak with a prosecutor any time you want because there's nothing to hide. You never have to worry about perjury.

2. If you committed a crime or crimes, and you are lying, you should never talk to the prosecutor. Of course Trump is terrified about committing perjury in a potential meeting with Mueller because he's a pathological liar who almost certainly committed several crimes.

I'm fairly confident, that in the end, Mueller will issue a subpeona for Trump's testimony.

And Trump will lie under oath!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
yes. the hiden mesage there is.. * he's not smart enough to keep from screwing himself*

No hidden message! I would do the same and recommend the same to you. Actually, I think he is almost as smart as he claims.

Yet Trump's actions clearly suggest gross incompetence .... also noticed by his own Secretary of State who called Trump a moron!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump should not talk to Mueller at all,

That's what Trump's lawyers also said ..... because Trump will lie to Mueller and commit perjury.

He should listen to his lawyers not because "he will lie to Mueller" but because anything he says could lead down another path dragging out the witch hunt even further.

No "witch hunt" as already exhibited by numerous indictments and guilty pleas!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 68

People are enitled to their own opinion. But everyone who does investigations understands that guilty people act very differently from innocent people. 

When you're guilty and can't defend yourself, you attack the prosecution. Ask OJ, he didn't kill Nicole, he was framed by LAPD.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 68

1. Will You Agree To Take a Polygraph?

I'd have to ask my lawyer.

2. Will You Come to the Office For an Interview?

I'd have to ask my lawyer.

I could not care less where I am on the suspect list. If you want to talk to me call my lawyer.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 68

Why did Trump stop them? It'sobvious to anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence. Trump's decision is even more repugnant when you factor in the Republican controlled Senate voting 98-2 to implement sanctions against Russia. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors