From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

Message 1 of 68

Trump Bars U.S. Press, but Not Russia’s Press, at Meeting With Russian Officials in the White House

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68

Unbelievable Hogwash!

There's only one logical reason Trump refused to implement the Russian Sanctions overwhelmingly voted for by both the Republican controlled Senate and House. Unfortunately, members of the Trump Cult find this simple puzzle too complex to understand.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why did Trump stop Russia sanctions?

Message 3 of 68

@CriticalThinking wrote:

A high school senior knows why Trump failed to implement the Russian Sanctions, voted 98-2 by a Republican controlled Senate, and overwhelmingly in the House.

You forgot to mention that congress gave Trump the authority to do that. 

From https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-faction/2018/1/30/16951922/trump-russia-sanctions-constitutional-cr... ,

"Congress wrote into the law a provision granting the president discretion in its enforcement. The president may waive sanctions if he determines that it is in the United States’ national security interests to do so. And, indeed, the State Department offered such a justification yesterday."

It is reasonable to assume that some Republicans in Congress voted for the sanctions because they wanted to give voters the appearance of favoring the sanctions while secretly being against it.  These Republicans knew that Trump would accept the political fallout.

As I said before, the closest thing to mind reading Trump is to listen to Michael Savage. Neither CNN nor Fox will tell you this.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

A high school senior knows why Trump failed to implement the Russian Sanctions, voted 98-2 by a Republican controlled Senate, and overwhelmingly in the House.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky

I want no sanctions on Russia because I like the Russian people.  I question the motives of most liberals for wanting sanctions.

Do you also question the motives of Republicans wanting sanctions?  The GOP House approved the bill 419-3 and the GOP Senate voted 98-2.  C'mon.....

I think "election meddling" is hypocritical because Obama meddled in the Israeli election:

Israel isn't our enemy....  C'mon....apples to oranges....

@Centristsin2010—Perhaps it’s more like Russian sympathizer to American patriot.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

It's odd indeed, Phyliss.  Using aruzinky's "argument", he must not like the people of Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Burma, the Ivory Coast.....

Sanctions aren't about the "people of", it's about putting pressure on the government of....

Just saying.....

I do not like or dislike the people of Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Burma, the Ivory Coast.  I have no special feelings about them. I like Russians because I can relate to many of them more than I do to the nationalities that you listed.  Besides, I think that Russia is potentially the USA's greatest ally, or, at least, conservative USA's greatest ally. 

Incidentally, Trump gets many of his ideas from his friend Michael Savage who also wants Russia as an ally.  If you have never heard of Michael Savage, it is probably because both liberal and conservative media shuns him. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE87pH7kRmI .  Remember when Britain wanted to ban Trump?  Michael Savage really is banned from Britain.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Let's deal with FACTS. The Republican controlled Senate voted 98-2 to vote for Russian Sanctions.

Donald Trump refused to implement those sanctions.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs conservatives, but everything to do with protecting America. I thought Donald Trump's slogan was "America First". I'm LOL. His real slogan should be "Me First"!

In the above instance .... Trump's slogan would be "Russia First"!

Trump can't bite the hand that enabled his election and still feeds him money to keep his house of cards empire floating as well as all his laundry mats washing!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68

@Centristsin2010—When one disagrees that sanctions should be placed upon a country that has overtly meddled and influenced the outcome of an American election, we are no longer speaking about American politics. We are no longer speaking about American patriotism This is a different animal.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky

I want no sanctions on Russia because I like the Russian people.  I question the motives of most liberals for wanting sanctions.

Do you also question the motives of Republicans wanting sanctions?  The GOP House approved the bill 419-3 and the GOP Senate voted 98-2.  C'mon.....

I think "election meddling" is hypocritical because Obama meddled in the Israeli election:

@Centristsin2010—Perhaps it’s more like Russian sympathizer to American patriot.

It's odd indeed, Phyliss.  Using aruzinky's "argument", he must not like the people of Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Burma, the Ivory Coast.....

Sanctions aren't about the "people of", it's about putting pressure on the government of....

Just saying.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 68

A high school senior knows why Trump failed to implement the Russian Sanctions, voted 98-2 by a Republican controlled Senate.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors