Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why did GOPers go Anti-Women

Message 11 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Simple - the GOPerLords realized about a year ofter Roe v Wade they had an issue that would steal a big slice of Catholic working class and the Fundamentalist Protestants from the Democrats without having to spend a single tax dollar.

No question both made a deal to pursue mutual interests, it worked for them in the past, not so sure it will work for them in the future. 

Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

Republicans had no problem taking away health care from 32 million Americans ..... including "babies" and placing not only the baby's life at risk but also its mother. "Any possibility that you can see that as being a moral issue"?

Republicans want to legislate that a woman must keep her baby but refuse to fund their legislation by giving a woman the life saving prenatal health care to support the mother's life as well as the baby's life ..... the epitome of hypocrisy!

As to the question, it appears the answer is "no" - 

"It appears" that you evaded my reply .... as well as the question posed to you.

Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

The killing of any human being is a moral issue, as are Republican demands to take away life sustaining health care from 32 million Americans ...... including babies!

No one is taking way healthcare - what legislation are you talking about??.
Last year when Republicans voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act with no replacement.
On the other hand - one abortion = one killed baby.
On the whole - Republican removal of health care for 32 million Americans = thousands of Americans killed each year ... including babies!

Healthcare was not removed from anyone.

Thanks to Democrats and 3 Republican Senators ...... who were then condemned by Trump for their actions!

On the other hand, one abortion= one dead baby.

On the whole,  Republican removal of health care for 32 million Americans = thousands of Americans killed each year ... including babies!

Republican claims to be pro life while attempting to remove life sustaining health care from 32 million Americans, including babies,  is the epitome of hypocrisy!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 55

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And then the usual "fascists" - defined as those who are not aligned with your Marxist vision of America.  Actually, you are wrong again.  I wonder why Conservatives HATE the REAL meanings of words....

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical, right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

As you like to say, thanks for making my point. There is nothing in there that relates to Conservatives nor our President and yet the left throws it out regularly.

trump attempts almost all that is listed in the provided definition. Why do you seem to ignore that?  Do you simply agree with him doing so?

Not true. As an example, Obama was more of an internationalist, Trump understands he is the President of the USA and owes his loyalty there. I hardly think that makes him an "ultranationalist".

Strong regimentation of the economy? - he removed the additional controls on the economy that Obama added and the economy responded very well.

"Regimentation of society" who was it that went so far as to decide who could go to what toilet?

"Dictatorial power" - if that were true - the wall would be built.

So, no - while some posters like to throw the word fascist around including as insults to fellow posters, it simply does not fit our President nor his supporters. Same applies to your other favorites - Nazi, sexist, racist, homophobe, white supremacist.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 55

Sad and immoral that the Extreme Righties and Alt-Right want what they call "right to life' in reference to only fetuses. Right to life needs to be all encompassing .......... and it does not include putting children in cages at our border, ignoring the welfare of the mother, ignoring those children once they are born, and not committing to helping the parent or parents in raising that child. Shallow minded and hypocritical.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And then the usual "fascists" - defined as those who are not aligned with your Marxist vision of America.  Actually, you are wrong again.  I wonder why Conservatives HATE the REAL meanings of words....

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical, right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

As you like to say, thanks for making my point. There is nothing in there that relates to Conservatives nor our President and yet the left throws it out regularly.

trump attempts almost all that is listed in the provided definition. Why do you seem to ignore that?  Do you simply agree with him doing so?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 55

- Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue -

So, you're wanting the government to make "moral" decisions for others? 

So, no.  

Image result for images laughing at liars

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 55

@Laurie42010 wrote:

I've been following the posts and I just can't help but say......

Wait...they care about life????

Wait - yes!!!

What about the lives that die on the streets or because of illness and poverty?

There emergency rooms and medicaid of the health aspect. there is the improved job picture for the poverty aspect.

What about all the lives that were taken in a false war called Iraq?

Is that the war started by Trump or the one voted in by the Dems in the Senate in 2002

What about all the lives that are taken by Capital Punishment?

Earned.

Just to mention a few....

Huh, I really do not believe that they care about innocent lives from what I see/hear/read!

I admit, i have never thought of murders as "innocent lives". Nor have I ever thought of a baby as no more than a Pizza pie as at least  one poster does.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 55

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Simple - the GOPerLords realized about a year ofter Roe v Wade they had an issue that would steal a big slice of Catholic working class and the Fundamentalist Protestants from the Democrats without having to spend a single tax dollar.

No question both made a deal to pursue mutual interests, it worked for them in the past, not so sure it will work for them in the future. 

Republicans had no problem taking away health care from 32 million Americans ..... including "babies" and placing not only the baby's life at risk but also its mother. "Any possibility that you can see that as being a moral issue"?

Republicans want to legislate that a woman must keep her baby but refuse to fund their legislation by giving a woman the life saving prenatal health care to support the mother's life as well as the baby's life ..... the epitome of hypocrisy!

"It appears" that you evaded my reply .... as well as the question posed to you.

The killing of any human being is a moral issue, as are Republican demands to take away life sustaining health care from 32 million Americans ...... including babies!

Last year when Republicans voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act with no replacement.
On the whole - Republican removal of health care for 32 million Americans = thousands of Americans killed each year ... including babies!

Healthcare was not removed from anyone. On the other hand, one abortion= one dead baby.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 55

I've been following the posts and I just can't help but say......

Wait...they care about life????

What about the lives that die on the streets or because of illness and poverty?

What about all the lives that were taken in a false war called Iraq?

What about all the lives that are taken by Capital Punishment?

Just to mention a few....

Huh, I really do not believe that they care about innocent lives from what I see/hear/read!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 55

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

No one is taking way healthcare - what legislation are you talking about??. On the other hand - one abortion = one killed baby.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors