AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why did GOPers go Anti-Women

Message 21 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Simple - the GOPerLords realized about a year ofter Roe v Wade they had an issue that would steal a big slice of Catholic working class and the Fundamentalist Protestants from the Democrats without having to spend a single tax dollar.

No question both made a deal to pursue mutual interests, it worked for them in the past, not so sure it will work for them in the future. 

Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

Republicans had no problem taking away health care from 32 million Americans ..... including "babies" and placing not only the baby's life at risk but also its mother. "Any possibility that you can see that as being a moral issue"?

Republicans want to legislate that a woman must keep her baby but refuse to fund their legislation by giving a woman the life saving prenatal health care to support the mother's life as well as the baby's life ..... the epitome of hypocrisy!

As to the question, it appears the answer is "no" - 

"It appears" that you evaded my reply .... as well as the question posed to you.

Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

The killing of any human being is a moral issue, as are Republican demands to take away life sustaining health care from 32 million Americans ...... including babies!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 55

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Simple - the GOPerLords realized about a year ofter Roe v Wade they had an issue that would steal a big slice of Catholic working class and the Fundamentalist Protestants from the Democrats without having to spend a single tax dollar.

No question both made a deal to pursue mutual interests, it worked for them in the past, not so sure it will work for them in the future. 

Republicans had no problem taking away health care from 32 million Americans ..... including "babies" and placing not only the baby's life at risk but also its mother. "Any possibility that you can see that as being a moral issue"?

Republicans want to legislate that a woman must keep her baby but refuse to fund their legislation by giving a woman the life saving prenatal health care to support the mother's life as well as the baby's life ..... the epitome of hypocrisy!

As to the question, it appears the answer is "no" - Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

So, you're wanting the government to make "moral" decisions for others? 

So, no.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

As to the question, it appears the answer is "no" - Any possibility that you can see of baby killing being considered a moral issue - or can you only see partisanship?

So, you're wanting the government to make "moral" decisions for others? 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 55

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 55

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Of course it's a moral issue. It's also a medical issue. It's also a civil rights issue.
It's conservatives who want to deny women drug coverage for contraceptives, as was remedied under the ACA for women who have insurance. But then there are women on Medicaid who do not get this coverage in many states (like red states). They also seem to forget that the male counterpart is equally responsible.

Civil rights stop unfair treatment based on race, gender, preference, etc Yet you consider the killing of a baby included. I'd say that was unfair treatment base on age or "not being wanted"

The whole premise of Roe v Wade is women's rights, and their right to privacy, in particular. Over the years, the rights of the state / government to protect a viable fetus have been addressed by the courts on what states can and cannot restrict. So yes, civil rights are involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

That is true, it is totally focussed on the rights of a woman to kill her bady and the rights of the baby to live are totally ignored.

So, please, wander down another path. 

I'm not wandering anywhere.

I fully agree with the responsibility of the father - let's nail him rather than killing the baby.

You mean shot-gun wedding??? Rather, how about educating the men and teenage boys that they have an equal obligation to provide for contraception. I would assume those machines for men are still in the restrooms?

Agreed.

I am not opposed to contraception, Medicaid and PP are involved in that and should continue to be and expanded if needed.

Then maybe you, and others who agree, should tell your fellow R's to get with the program! The best way to end abortion is to prevent the unplanned pregnancies. That won't happen until all women have access to proper health care, counseling on pregnancy and contraception, and access to contraception. The state of Colorado found that abortion rates were cut 50% when free contraceptives were made available. (you can google it)

Are you assumpng that only R's need such advice?

It also requires teaching sex ed in school beginning at age 13. If you don't believe me, pay a little more attention to the content of some PG-14 or PG-MA movies or tv shows. They get by with quite a lot these days. Don't think a 13-year-old and 14-year-old won't notice.

Agreed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Of course it's a moral issue. It's also a medical issue. It's also a civil rights issue.
It's conservatives who want to deny women drug coverage for contraceptives, as was remedied under the ACA for women who have insurance. But then there are women on Medicaid who do not get this coverage in many states (like red states). They also seem to forget that the male counterpart is equally responsible.

Civil rights stop unfair treatment based on race, gender, preference, etc Yet you consider the killing of a baby included. I'd say that was unfair treatment base on age or "not being wanted"

The whole premise of Roe v Wade is women's rights, and their right to privacy, in particular. Over the years, the rights of the state / government to protect a viable fetus have been addressed by the courts on what states can and cannot restrict. So yes, civil rights are involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

So, please, wander down another path. 

I'm not wandering anywhere.

I fully agree with the responsibility of the father - let's nail him rather than killing the baby.

You mean shot-gun wedding??? Rather, how about educating the men and teenage boys that they have an equal obligation to provide for contraception. I would assume those machines for men are still in the restrooms?

I am not opposed to contraception, Medicaid and PP are involved in that and should continue to be and expanded if needed.

Then maybe you, and others who agree, should tell your fellow R's to get with the program! The best way to end abortion is to prevent the unplanned pregnancies. That won't happen until all women have access to proper health care, counseling on pregnancy and contraception, and access to contraception. The state of Colorado found that abortion rates were cut 50% when free contraceptives were made available. (you can google it)

It also requires teaching sex ed in school beginning at age 13. If you don't believe me, pay a little more attention to the content of some PG-14 or PG-MA movies or tv shows. They get by with quite a lot these days. Don't think a 13-year-old and 14-year-old won't notice.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 55

@mandm84 wrote:

"I fully agree with the responsibility of the father - let's nail him rather than killing the baby."

---------------------

BUT when that baby is born to dead beat parents , you will quickly turn your back on same baby.

You really don't know me - I've changed a lot since our little fling seven years ago.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 55

"I fully agree with the responsibility of the father - let's nail him rather than killing the baby."

---------------------

BUT when that baby is born to dead beat parents , you will quickly turn your back on that same baby.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 55

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That and failure to provide evidence-based sex education to children. 

My dad took me aside for  "the talk". Seems like a pretty good system. Although since we are supporting so many fatherless homes, it might be a good idea for the schools to get involved.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors