Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Why are people still racist?

Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

Torch-bearing white supremacists shouting racist and anti-Semitic slogans. Protesters and counter protesters colliding with violence and chaos. A car driven by a known Nazi sympathizer mowing down a crowd of activists.

 

Many Americans responded to this weekend's violence in Charlottesville with disbelieving horror. How could this happen in America, in 2017? “This is not who we are,” said Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine (D).

 

And yet, this is who we are.

 

Amid our modern clashes, researchers in psychology, sociology and neurology have been studying the roots of racism. We draw on that research and asked two scientists to explain why people feel and act this way toward each other.

 

What causes people to be racist?

 

“In some ways, it’s super simple. People learn to be whatever their society and culture teaches them. We often assume that it takes parents actively teaching their kids, for them to be racist. The truth is that unless parents actively teach kids not to be racists, they will be,” said Jennifer Richeson, a Yale University social psychologist. “This is not the product of some deep-seated, evil heart that is cultivated. It comes from the environment, the air all around us.”

 

Richeson compares children's instinctive formation of biases to a student at a new school. “When you arrive at a new high school. You are instinctively trying to figure out who’s cool, who’s not, who’s a nerd, who gets beat up? Kids quickly acquire these associations,” she said.

 

To get a sense of just how pervasive and imperceptibly our environment can affect us, one study at Tufts University found that even with a TV show on mute displaying scenes with no explicit discrimination, the nonverbal body language of black and white actors interacting was enough to cause watchers to test higher for implicit bias afterward.

 

“An us-them mentality is unfortunately a really basic part of our biology,” said Eric Knowles, a psychology professor at New York University who studies prejudice and politics. “There’s a lot of evidence that people have an ingrained even evolved tendency toward people who are in our so-called 'in group.'”

 

But how we define those groups, and the tendency to draw divisions along racial lines, is social, not biological, he added. “We can draw those lines in a number of ways that society tells us,” he said. 

 

When does racism drive people to commit violence?

 

“The most likely predictor of that is exposure to a kind of ideology,” Knowles said. Most if not all people carry implicit biases and unexamined prejudices, he said, and some may harbor feelings of fear or resentment that they don’t express in public.

 

More at:   Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

What, the next post will be a personal attack from the usual poster and won't have anything to do with the topic.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
391 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

What, the next post will be a personal attack from the usual poster and won't have anything to do with the topic.   If you consider that any of my posts constitute a personal attack, the only thing that you need to do is simply pusth that little button on the side.


 

no name
0 Kudos
336 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

What, the next post will be a personal attack from the usual poster and won't have anything to do with the topic.   If you consider that any of my posts constitute a personal attack, the only thing that you need to do is simply pusth (sic) that little button on the side.

 

Thank you for your expert guidance, but as usual, you assumed the post was directed at you.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
347 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Sometimes groups and organisations can have rules that seem to be fair to everyone – but they actually make things more difficult for people from particular cultural or ethnic backgrounds.

 

This is also known as structural or systemic racism.

 

For example, a bank might ask everyone to fill out a lot of forms in English before you can open an account. That makes it hard for people who don't speak English as their first language.  (this is a common cry from some that our government prints forms in many different languages....are they embracing racism?)

 

It might also happen when an employer has a policy of not hiring people who have been educated at an overseas school or university.

 

Systemic racism


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
400 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sometimes groups and organisations can have rules that seem to be fair to everyone – but they actually make things more difficult for people from particular cultural or ethnic backgrounds.  In a very subtle manner your post seems to be extremely racist, is not what you have posted but wha you havn't said. My interpretation is as good as your interpretation of some of my posts.

 

This is also known as structural or systemic racism. Long name  sounds knowledable.

For example, a bank might ask everyone to fill out a lot of forms in English before you can open an account. That makes it hard for people who don't speak English as their first language.  (this is a common cry from some that our government prints forms in many different languages....are they embracing racism?) 
There is a problem with this notion. Legal documents cannot be in different languages, like court actions. I am afraid that many times I had to inform many that I could not provide those particular documennts in Spanish  No, they are not embracing racism The fact remains that English is the language that it is spoken in this country.
And we have seen the advantages that it can provide to any immigrant that can communicate in the language of this country. It is for thier benefit that  they  should learn to speak English.

 

It might also happen when an employer has a policy of not hiring people who have been educated at an overseas school or university. Employesr are private entities, thay can do as they please with their policies.and what they provide  to their prospective employees, As long as they do  conform with the laws that govern hiring.
Trying now to divert the issue of racism to the prospective employees?and their needs?


 

Systemic racism


 


 

no name
0 Kudos
329 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sometimes groups and organisations can have rules that seem to be fair to everyone – but they actually make things more difficult for people from particular cultural or ethnic backgrounds.  In a very subtle manner your post seems to be extremely racist, is not what you have posted but wha you havn't said. My interpretation is as good as your interpretation of some of my posts.  Awesome, you can complain to the author at the link provide below.  You can tell them you find their comment "extremely racist".  But of course you're wrong.  What's racist about it?

 

This is also known as structural or systemic racism. Long name  sounds knowledable.

For example, a bank might ask everyone to fill out a lot of forms in English before you can open an account. That makes it hard for people who don't speak English as their first language.  (this is a common cry from some that our government prints forms in many different languages....are they embracing racism?) 

 

There is a problem with this notion. Legal documents cannot be in different languages, like court actions. I am afraid that many times I had to inform many that I could not provide those particular documennts in Spanish  No, they are not embracing racism The fact remains that English is the language that it is spoken in this country.  The facts you choose to ignore are that no one is discussing legal documents, the author was discussing "forms".  As the author clearly points out, systemic racism includes making it difficult for some to open a bank account, get a drivers license or ID, etc.  Racists often complain that governments are often forced to provide forms in multiple languages.  It soooo offends racists.


And we have seen the advantages that it can provide to any immigrant that can communicate in the language of this country. It is for thier benefit that  they  should learn to speak English.

 

It might also happen when an employer has a policy of not hiring people who have been educated at an overseas school or university. Employesr are private entities,  Really?  It that so?  How about all those employers that are public entities?  You know, have share-holders?   thay can do as they please with their policies.and what they provide  to their prospective employees, As long as they do  conform with the laws that govern hiring.  WRONG!  Discrimination as noted in the example is illegal. 


Trying now to divert the issue of racism to the prospective employees?and their needs?  Nope, just pointed out another example of racism.  But thanks for playing and exposing yourself.


BTW....please use spell check....the 6 misspelled words makes it difficult to read.

 

Systemic racism   <<<-------link to initial post!


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
336 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ luck at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion.

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.Stop inciting differences. I knew tha tI could have never insulted Nerdy Mom in any capacity.
But you couldn't help it. you needed to needle and see where this whole thing went.




no name
0 Kudos
382 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ luck at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. YOU used the hyphenated term, no one else.  YOU institued an "inequality", no one else did.  Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion. They are Americans, not Muslim-Americans, rker.  Isn't that your point?  Why don't you just call them Americans?

 

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.  Do you want to clarify "he had a point?"

 

Stop inciting differences. Which is what you were doing with your hyphen rant.  There were no differences between a Cuban American and an American from Cuba.  You incited the differences claim one was racist.  I knew tha tI could have never insulted Nerdy Mom in any capacity.
But you couldn't help it. you needed to needle and see where this whole thing went.  I'm afraid you don't understand the context of the quote you responded to meant.  So it goes.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
396 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ luck at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. YOU used the hyphenated term, no one else.  YOU institued an "inequality", no one else did.  Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion. They are Americans, not Muslim-Americans, rker.  Isn't that your point?  Why don't you just call them Americans?

 

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.  Do you want to clarify "he had a point?"

 

Stop inciting differences. Which is what you were doing with your hyphen rant.  There were no differences between a Cuban American and an American from Cuba.  You incited the differences claim one was racist.  I knew tha tI could have never insulted Nerdy Mom in any capacity.
But you couldn't help it. you needed to needle and see where this whole thing went.  I'm afraid you don't understand the context of the quote you responded to meant.  So it goes.....


By continuing with your obligatory rant, the only thing that your posts are showing is the fact that you would want to win this argument at any  cost. even if it entails ridiculing and bullying anything that I have posted. But like I said it is going to be a very long night.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ luck at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. YOU used the hyphenated term, no one else.  YOU institued an "inequality", no one else did.  Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion. They are Americans, not Muslim-Americans, rker.  Isn't that your point?  Why don't you just call them Americans?

 

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.  Do you want to clarify "he had a point?"

 

Stop inciting differences. Which is what you were doing with your hyphen rant.  There were no differences between a Cuban American and an American from Cuba.  You incited the differences claim one was racist.  I knew tha tI could have never insulted Nerdy Mom in any capacity.
But you couldn't help it. you needed to needle and see where this whole thing went.  I'm afraid you don't understand the context of the quote you responded to meant.  So it goes.....


By continuing with your obligatory rant, the only thing that your posts are showing is the fact that you would want to win this argument at any  cost. even if it entails ridiculing and bullying anything that I have posted. But like I said it is going to be a very long night.  There's no argument rker.  Simply put, you said using a hyphenated nationality was the basis for racism; I pointed out you were the only one using a hyphenated nationality.  Was it racism?  You said it was.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
353 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist.  first of all my post to Nerdy Mom is for Nerdy Mom to reply and for you to simply read it.

Of course you can't help yourself in interjecting yourself and offering your comments
Yes,your posts and replies have been consistenltly bullying and extremly  insulting to  me.
I will continue to post my views sorry that the Director in chief doesn't approve of them, and tries to constatantly  ridicule anything that I post.

You have been doing that for years now. I wish I knew what is your problem with me.
Yes, I do have my opinion on what is racism and I do believe that you are unable to understand anything that I have to say. So, contue with your bullying and ridiculing anything that I post. I have no respect for many of  the things that I see posted in this message board.

It is a pity , that you have hijacked this board to impose your views. Hoping that there are posters that have seen your tactics and realize what is happening here.
I will not stop answering anyupost that I consider bullying, insulting or ridiculing what I have to say. so I guess that is going to be a very long night.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

It is a pity , that you have hijacked this board to impose your views. Hoping that there are posters that have seen your tactics and realize what is happening here.


What's new?  That has been going on for years. 

0 Kudos
388 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Centrist.  first of all my post to Nerdy Mom is for Nerdy Mom to reply and for you to simply read it.  Gee rker....even you should know any post to a public forum can be responded to by anyone.  If you wanted it to be private, you could have sent her a private message.  And you're welcome.

 

Of course you can't help yourself in interjecting yourself and offering your comments  Yes, that's usually the case in topics I post.....thanks for noticing.


Yes,your posts and replies have been consistenltly bullying and extremly  insulting to  me.  I think if most objective people read the topic from the beginning to now, they wouldn't share your view and would note your confusing and disjointed responses and attacks led to the responses you didn't appreciate.

 
I will continue to post my views That's nice.  Please use spell check to help readers understand what you've posted.  sorry that the Director in chief doesn't approve of them, and tries to constatantly  ridicule anything that I post.  Is disagreement disapproval?  I don't think so. 

 

You have been doing that for years now. I wish I knew what is your problem with me.  Do you really?  Send me a PM and I'll let you know.


Yes, I do have my opinion on what is racism and I do believe that you are unable to understand anything that I have to say.  Yes, how can you say you understand what racism is in one post, and the very next post you say you don't know.  Certainly you can see the challenges you create.  I have no respect for many of  the things that I see posted in this message board.  So?  Don't read them.

 

It is a pity , that you have hijacked this board to impose your views. Hoping that there are posters that have seen your tactics and realize what is happening here.
I will not stop answering anyupost that I consider bullying, insulting or ridiculing what I have to say. so I guess that is going to be a very long night.  You sound like a very angry person that's resorting to personal attacks and everything you just claim another did.  Again, I'd start from the beginning and read your posts.  Have a nice evening....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
381 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist said, "I agree, CeeTee.....that's exactly the point I made earlier to know avail.  The poster jumped down my throat, attacked me, said my opinion had no value, yet I didn't share my opinion on the topic.  All I was doing was trying to understand what she was trying to say."

 

Your statement above is very true. We should also keep in mind that when we get into complex arguments, some members are in above their head. Instead of acknowledging they don't understand the complexities of the argument, they say something totally irrelevant, which proves they didn't even understand the nature of the argument.

 

A very good point, CeeTee.  One poster claim statues cause racism.....egads!  Another said a hyphen caused racism....it appears these are root causes for their feelings, but sadly they project them onto others and assume it's the same for others.....it clearly isn't.

 

It's also very similar to political bigotry as well.  We see some posters just post disagreement simply because they see the other person as always on the other side of their view and don't even bother reading and understanding what was posted. Case in point, one poster wrote he totally disagreed with everything another posted, when in fact, they agreed on most of the points.....maybe just too lazy to read it or just to hot-headed to back-off their position and acknowledge agreement.  It's really sad to see Americans acting in this manner.....exceptionalism my rear......


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

"CT   don't be so touchy, my words are not accusations, they are INTERPRETATIONS.  
Gee the level of temperament in this message board is certainly really high."

 

That's right rker, admitting you made incorrect assumptions and accusations which were wrong would be asking too much. You much prefer accusing others of being tempermental.

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

 

What causes people to be racist?

 

 

When does racism drive people to commit violence?

 

 

 

More at:   Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

 


1)    Ignorance of the fact that our planet is inhabited by one Race, "The Human Race"

 

2)    Intolerance of others' view of the world in which we live.

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
163 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

 

What causes people to be racist?  A question Jim chooses not to answer.

 

More at:   Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

 


1)    Ignorance of the fact that our planet is inhabited by one Race, "The Human Race"  Cute bumper sticker, Jim, but it's not factual.  

 

 

A human race is defined as a group of people with certain common inherited features that distinguish them from other groups of people. All men of whatever race are currently classified by the anthropologist or biologist as belonging to the one species, Homo sapiens.This is another way of saying that the differences between human races are not great, even though they may appear so, i.e. black vs white skin. All races of mankind in the world can interbreed because they have so much in common. All races share 99.99+% of the same genetic materials which means that division of race is largely subjective, and that the original 3-5 races were also probably just subjective descriptions as well.

 

The Major Divisions of the Human Race

Most anthropologists recognize 3 or 4 basic races of man in existence today. These races can be further subdivided into as many as 30 subgroups.

Ethnographic division into races from Meyers Konversationslexikon of 1885-90 is listing:

  • Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)
  • Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian),
  • Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

Caucasion:
Skull: Dolicephalic(Long-Head),High forehead,Little supraobital development.
Face: Mainly Leptoproscopic( Narrow)Sometimes Meso- or even Euryproscopic, Neither Facial nor alveolar prognathism occurs except among some archaic peoples.
Nose:Long,narrow,high in both root and bridge.

Mongoloid:
Skull: High incidence of Brachycephaly(Short Round Head)
American Indians while Mongoloid are often Dolicephalic.
Foreheads slightly lower than that of the Caucasoid.
No Supraobital development.
Face: Wide and short, projecting cheek bones, Prognathism rare. Shovel shaped incisors common especialy in Asia.
Nose: Mesorine(Low and Broad in both root and bridge.

Negroid:

 

More at:  How many major races are there in the world?

 

2)    Intolerance of others' view of the world in which we live.

 

As illustrated by attacking anyone with a differing view as "far left Liberals".....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

"I am glad that you clarified your post  I  was beginning to wonder."

 

The problem wasn't my post, the problem was you making assumptions that weren't true. It would have been nice if you asked questions before making accusations.

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

"I am glad that you clarified your post  I  was beginning to wonder."

 

The problem wasn't my post, the problem was you making assumptions that weren't true. It would have been nice if you asked questions before making accusations.


I agree, CeeTee.....that's exactly the point I made earlier to know avail.  The poster jumped down my throat, attacked me, said my opinion had no value, yet I didn't share my opinion on the topic.  All I was doing was trying to understand what she was trying to say......

 

My experience has been that in many issues, especially racism, those who can't articulate their views easily get frustrated trying to share their opinions with others.  And if you ask questions, they won't respond to your questions....but will attack.  Because they view any questions of their view an attack on them.  "Sounds like someone who is obstinately devoted to their opinion and prejudices".

 

There's a "Are You a Racist" quiz on facebook.....just took it:

 

Not Really Racist
Are You A Racist?

You don't care about race. A person is a person and you judge people based on the individual. You have friends of all kinds of races, but you'll probably marry your own race. You're not averse to any particular race though. 
Suggestion: Live and Let Live 
Similar Personalities: Sammy Davis Jr., Bill Clinton, Bruce Lee

 

What?  Me and Bill Clinton?  Bawahahaha.....I would never lie or cheat on my wife/significant other....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

There's a "Are You a Racist" quiz on facebook.....just took it:

 

 

And who here has been bringing up race and racism the most over the years?  Tallys about Blacks being killed by law enforcement and related topics?

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

There's a "Are You a Racist" quiz on facebook.....just took it:

 

 

And who here has been bringing up race and racism the most over the years?  Tallys about Blacks being killed by law enforcement and related topics?


Racists, just like rapists and child molesters, need to pointed out, and should be exposed because there's no question whatsoever - they are all equally bad for the people who live in the United States of America.

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Nedrdy Mom. I have been accused of being a racist. and apparfently I used the words muslim Americans, in what context, I really don't know because I have been trying to locate that post and I have not yet found it.
If I did in any manner of form my words have offended you. Please forgive, they were not intended to offend or being seen as a racist. 
On the contrary I do not understand racism and I truly believe that most in this message board don't understand it either.

Yes, I despise the use of hyphenated Americans and will never use that name in order to offend anyone in this message board least of all you, the mother of children of arab descent.
I am as much of an inmigrant as your husband and I do  understand what it is to be seen  with differences.

Of course, by now you will have seen the posts that have ensued in this thread and seen the amount of really bullying that  has been perpretated by posters that will not accept any opinion but their own.
If I find that post, I will explain the significant of it.  to you and only to you.

thank you.

no name
0 Kudos
325 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Nedrdy Mom. I have been accused of being a racist. actually you weren't accused of anything other than posting a racist comment.....and apparfently I used the words muslim Americans, in what context, I really don't know in derogatory terms.....because I have been trying to locate that post and I have not yet found it.   You can find you post at 1:41 yesterday, here in this topic.

 
If I did in any manner of form my words have offended you. Please forgive, they were not intended to offend or being seen as a racist. 

 

On the contrary I do not understand racism and I truly That's an incredible revelation, rker.  Good for you.  Maybe you shouldn't be so hard on others then.  believe that most in this message board don't understand it either.  It's probably best to stick with your opinions on yourself.  BTW, that's exactly why this CAN BE a great topic to discuss.....some folks just need to "listen" better.....

 

Yes, I despise the use of hyphenated Americans and will never use that name in order to offend anyone in this message board least of all you, the mother of children of arab descent.  Most don't use it with the intent to offend.....though, I do recognize that you seem ultra-sensitive to it.


I am as much of an inmigrant as your husband and I do  understand what it is to be seen  with differences.

Of course, by now you will have seen the posts that have ensued in this thread and seen the amount of really bullying that  has been perpretated by posters that will not accept any opinion but their own.  Would you be talking about your bullying posts saying others views don't matter?


If I find that post, I will explain the significant of it.  to you and only to you.  I'm pleased I could bring that post to your attention and you can clarify your comments.  Your welcome, rker.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

"I am glad that you clarified your post  I  was beginning to wonder."

 

The problem wasn't my post, the problem was you making assumptions that weren't true. It would have been nice if you asked questions before making accusations.


CT   don't be so touchy, my words are not accusations, they are INTERPRETATIONS.  
Gee the level of temperament in this message board is certainly really high.

no name
0 Kudos
161 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Rker, you are putting words in my mouth. I said everybody who's a member of the Trump Cult is xxxxx Everyone who voted for Trump does not fit in that category. Some people voted for Trump because they hate Hillary. Some people cannot stand Trump but voted for him for some other reason.

 

The Trump Cult is made up of the people who are dedicated Trump Minions that go to Trump rallies and blindly support everything the man says or does. I never said everyone who voted for Trump is part of the Trump Cult. As of today, 75% of Republicans who voted for Trump would vote for him again. That means 25% of Trump voters have changed their mind.

 

We have members of this forum who come here 7 days a week and defend everything Trump says or does. They are part of the Trump Cult. And this is for you rker, I didn't say every member of the forum is part of that cult.

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

Rker, you are putting words in my mouth. I said everybody who's a member of the Trump Cult is xxxxx Everyone who voted for Trump does not fit in that category. Some people voted for Trump because they hate Hillary. Some people cannot stand Trump but voted for him for some other reason.

 

The Trump Cult is made up of the people who are dedicated Trump Minions go to Trump rallies and blindly support everything the man says or does. I never said everyone who voted for Trump is part of the Trump Cult.

 

We have members of this forum who come here 7 days a week and defend everything Trump says or does. They are part of the Trump Cult. And this is for you rker, I didn't say every member of the forum is part of that cult.


I am glad that you clarified your post  I  was beginning to wonder. 

no name
0 Kudos
154 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

rker, I'm going to say is you completely misunderstood what I wrote and I'm not the least bit surprised by that. If you want to criticize me for what I said that's fine, but please don't criticize me for your complete misinterpretation of what I wrote.

 

Thank You

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

rker, I'm going to say is you completely misunderstood what I wrote and I'm not the least bit surprised by that. If you want to criticize me for what I said that's fine, but please don't criticize me for your complete misinterpretation of what I wrote.

 

Thank You


What did you mean then?  You have accused anyone you think supports Trump as being racist.

 

 

0 Kudos
159 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist said, "These kinds of racism can be much harder to address, because they involve the prejudices that we often don't talk or think about."

 

Great point Centrist. I would bet that most members of the Trump Cult do NOT perceive themselves as racists. But they aren't smart enough to understand the policies of the man they support in the White House is full of bigotry and hate. That's why the KKK and Nazi party loves Trump. Are those people blind or do they empathize with the KKK and Nazis?

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

 I would bet that most members of the Trump Cult do NOT perceive themselves as racists. But they aren't smart enough to understand the policies of the man they support in the White House is full of bigotry and hate.


You underestimate the intelligence of the people who voted for Trump and I don't think that you can point to but a small fraction of the people that voted for him that are racist or bigots.

0 Kudos
152 Views
5
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png