Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Why are people still racist?

Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

Torch-bearing white supremacists shouting racist and anti-Semitic slogans. Protesters and counter protesters colliding with violence and chaos. A car driven by a known Nazi sympathizer mowing down a crowd of activists.

 

Many Americans responded to this weekend's violence in Charlottesville with disbelieving horror. How could this happen in America, in 2017? “This is not who we are,” said Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine (D).

 

And yet, this is who we are.

 

Amid our modern clashes, researchers in psychology, sociology and neurology have been studying the roots of racism. We draw on that research and asked two scientists to explain why people feel and act this way toward each other.

 

What causes people to be racist?

 

“In some ways, it’s super simple. People learn to be whatever their society and culture teaches them. We often assume that it takes parents actively teaching their kids, for them to be racist. The truth is that unless parents actively teach kids not to be racists, they will be,” said Jennifer Richeson, a Yale University social psychologist. “This is not the product of some deep-seated, evil heart that is cultivated. It comes from the environment, the air all around us.”

 

Richeson compares children's instinctive formation of biases to a student at a new school. “When you arrive at a new high school. You are instinctively trying to figure out who’s cool, who’s not, who’s a nerd, who gets beat up? Kids quickly acquire these associations,” she said.

 

To get a sense of just how pervasive and imperceptibly our environment can affect us, one study at Tufts University found that even with a TV show on mute displaying scenes with no explicit discrimination, the nonverbal body language of black and white actors interacting was enough to cause watchers to test higher for implicit bias afterward.

 

“An us-them mentality is unfortunately a really basic part of our biology,” said Eric Knowles, a psychology professor at New York University who studies prejudice and politics. “There’s a lot of evidence that people have an ingrained even evolved tendency toward people who are in our so-called 'in group.'”

 

But how we define those groups, and the tendency to draw divisions along racial lines, is social, not biological, he added. “We can draw those lines in a number of ways that society tells us,” he said. 

 

When does racism drive people to commit violence?

 

“The most likely predictor of that is exposure to a kind of ideology,” Knowles said. Most if not all people carry implicit biases and unexamined prejudices, he said, and some may harbor feelings of fear or resentment that they don’t express in public.

 

More at:   Why are people still racist? What science says about America’s race problem.

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sounds like someone is "obstinately devoted to his opinion and prejudices".  Why would you post a lie like that about another poster, Tex?  Is lying about another poster in an attempt to disparage them against the TOS?  If it isn't, maybe it should be.  And how do we know it's a lie?  You can't locate a single topic/post on that subject I've posted.

 

 


As usual the vigilantes jump on anyone not participating in the partisan group think.  "As usual", someone posts in a public form, doesn't like the response, so attacks others by calling them "vigilantes".  Kinda lame, dontcha think?  And accusation of lies.  Your comment was a lie, so it is what it is.   Even denying the many threads of 'cops killing Blacks' that you have made here with tallys. I'm denying the comment you made....looks like you're spinning it here.  There have been "NO TALLY'S" of blacks being killed by law enforcement here posted by me.  Who is lying about another poster?  Clearly YOU ARE!

 

There are no questions to answer.  Sure there are....you just choose to ignore them....it's obvious to all.....who are "us"?  And who are "them"?  You used the terms; I can only assume you knew what you meant by using the terms.  Or were you just being divisive.  The other question is, "why are you lying about another poster"?

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:


There are no questions to answer.  Sure there are....you just choose to ignore them....it's obvious to all.....who are "us"?  And who are "them"?  You used the terms; I can only assume you knew what you meant by using the terms.  Or were you just being divisive.

 



Is that a professional opinion or a partisan one?  Why do you keep bringing up racism but no attempts at solutions?  You really should quit assuming for obvious reasons. 

 

You would rather highlight racism by being proactive rather than actually working against by accenting the bad rather than like the anecdote about the gas station in another topic?  Do you think your negative posting against others here or in actual life is helping the nation overcome racism?

 

It would be hard based on your posts to imagine you, or some others here, reaching out to others to encourage a solution rather than encouraging more of a peaceful existence..  There seems to be a problem imagining some here actually reaching out to those of minorities.


0 Kudos
397 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


There are no questions to answer.  Sure there are....you just choose to ignore them....it's obvious to all.....who are "us"?  And who are "them"?  You used the terms; I can only assume you knew what you meant by using the terms.  Or were you just being divisive.

 



Is that a professional opinion or a partisan one?  What's partisan about racism, Tex?  Please do tell....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:




Is that a professional opinion or a partisan one?  What's partisan about racism, Tex?  Please do tell....


Read yours and others posts and that should tell you.  The answers are all based on partianship of the which side a person is on.  If I post something, there is instant reaction, just like your posts about mine is. 

0 Kudos
460 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:




Is that a professional opinion or a partisan one?  What's partisan about racism, Tex?  Please do tell....


Read yours and others posts and that should tell you.  The answers are all based on partianship of the which side a person is on.  If I post something, there is instant reaction, just like your posts about mine is. 


What's partisan about racism, Tex?  You failed to answer the question YOU raised by suggesting it's partisan.  Are you a strong supporter of racism?  I'm not.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
460 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:
@TxGrandpa2 wrote:


That could apply to several here who keeps invoking racism to stir things up.

 

psssst, tex.......racist NEED to be stirred up.....and shown the door.....or change.


 


pssssst, Centrist....that is the problem racism is being stirred up resulting in riots, arguments, etc.  Those who need to be shown the door are those who continue stirring the pot.

 

There some who keeps the pot stirred while others dedicate to creating an atmosphere where people can understand each other.  Do you think your posts over the years is doing that or creating an atmosphere of 'us versus them', i.e. a tally of how many Blacks are killed by law enforcement?


Those pointing out acts of racism are not "stirring the pot", they are pointing out a racist act. Of course a racist may well call it "stirring the pot". Racists are the ones who should be "shown the door".

 

The link posted by Centrist is to a newspaper's database that shows all who have been killed by the police, those of all races.  What a shame you see it as only "how many Blacks are killed".  Perhaps you didn't look at the data base very closely?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:
@TxGrandpa2 wrote:


That could apply to several here who keeps invoking racism to stir things up.

 

psssst, tex.......racist NEED to be stirred up.....and shown the door.....or change.


 


pssssst, Centrist....that is the problem racism is being stirred up resulting in riots, arguments, etc.  Those who need to be shown the door are those who continue stirring the pot.

 

There some who keeps the pot stirred while others dedicate to creating an atmosphere where people can understand each other.  Do you think your posts over the years is doing that or creating an atmosphere of 'us versus them', i.e. a tally of how many Blacks are killed by law enforcement?


IF that were true...

 

and it's not...

 

where is the group of black people that's at least ten thousand times bigger than BLM that has been insisting for the last half century that we shouldn't be talking about race and race problems in our society any longer, because it's no longer an issue anywhere in the nation?

 

What?

 

No such group of black people has ever existed?

 

Imagine that...

 

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

 


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 They are politicians or the supporters of politicians and want to narrowly define "racism" to only mean "the other guys" and, sadly, are able to round up a mob anytime they want to stir things up.


That could apply to several here who keeps invoking racism to stir things up.


Yep - and it does indeed continue to "get the goat" of those who to some degree are still "somewhat" racially biased, including those who would rather that all of the still existing racist-caused problems that unquestionably still haunt and hinder this nation - not be mentioned - and that we all sing the white man's version of "We're now completely post racist - kumbaya"...

 

Like domestic abuse and intra-familial sexual abuse/unlawful contact - the unspoken rule has always been - "We don't talk about that" - the unspoken inference - "others might overhear."

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@alferdpacker wrote:

 


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 They are politicians or the supporters of politicians and want to narrowly define "racism" to only mean "the other guys" and, sadly, are able to round up a mob anytime they want to stir things up.


That could apply to several here who keeps invoking racism to stir things up.


Yep - and it does indeed continue to "get the goat" of those who to some degree are still "somewhat" racially biased, including those who would rather that all of the still existing racist-caused problems that unquestionably still haunt and hinder this nation - not be mentioned - and that we all sing the white man's version of "We're now completely post racist - kumbaya"...

 

Like domestic abuse and intra-familial sexual abuse/unlawful contact - the unspoken rule has always been - "We don't talk about that" - the unspoken inference - "others might overhear."

 


"somewhat"?  

 

downloadm.jpg


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Bronze Conversationalist

"We don't talk about it,' covers a multitude of sins. Problem is most who want to talk about it do so with a closed mind or we want to fight about it. When I was 18 and working in my first full time job, I was on the cocky side and at times talked when I should have been listening. An older man asked me if I new what the ninth part of speech was? I said of course not. He stoped looked me dead in the eye and said," The ninth part of speech is cushning words, such as might be , could be, maby ect.the kind that would tone down the conversation and prevent me from getting a good @#$%* whiipin."  As I looked at this man who looked like The HUlK, I had an epiphany which changed my outlook on life amd improved my mannors. Some things must be talked about but I can't get anyone to listen to my point of view, if I beat them over the head with it. Something I sometimes forget and every now and then someone reminds me of the "Ninth part of speech."  

Honored Social Butterfly

Why are people still racist?

 

It's a question that people ask all the time.

 

If we're all part of the human race, why are people racist? After all, there are no biological differences between people. No race is superior or inferior to another. We're all the same.

 

There are many reasons why people can have racist attitudes.....

 

https://itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au/resources/what-you-say-matters/why-are-people-racist


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Bronze Conversationalist

Why are people still racist, good question. I was in the Army in Korea when M.L. K. was killed. We read about it and the Race riots in the Stars and Stripes. Everyone, of every color was in shock over how crazy people were acting back home. We lived together, worked together, played together, depended on each other and if it came to it would die together. The military had made us into a team and over time we just looked at each other  as Biil or John or Gary or who ever and had put race aside. One of my Black friends said something I will never forget. He said the problem as he saw it was,when we all got back home and were out of the military among our pears, we for the most part would just go along with the group even if they were wrong. He said that in order to make a positive change, each of us had to stand up for the right thing even if everyone else was doing something wrong. Change starts with one person,make your change for the betterment of mankind. Stand against hate groups no matter who they are.  Don't defend the indefensible. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@cn5621 wrote:

 

He said that in order to make a positive change, each of us had to stand up for the right thing even if everyone else was doing something wrong. Change starts with one person,make your change for the betterment of mankind. Stand against hate groups no matter who they are.  Don't defend the indefensible. 

 

Amen.  One smart dude.

 

It's sad to read others post here that it's "not their problem", "it's always been like that and always will be", "you can't do anything about racism", "ignore it and it will go away", etc. when some, like the GI referenced above, just "gets it".  From what I've witnessed and experienced, those who who make comments like these, have no intention of making anything better, they feel powerless in the lives or are just racists themselves. Many racists won't march with the KKK/Nazi's because they claim they aren't THAT racist, while many, if not most racists just harbor racist beliefs and live their lives until one day, they reveal themselves, at the grocery store, the mall, the park or in a conversation with Aunt Bea.  There are many degree's of racism....just because one isn't marching to "Unite the Right", doesn't mean they're not racist.

 

Thanks for your words of wisdom, "cn".


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
407 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Yep  Alferd,  Kumbaya  to all of those glorified hyphenated Americans pretty soon they may be known as Americans.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Yep  Alferd,  Kumbaya  to all of those glorified hyphenated Americans pretty soon they may be known as Americans.


Hyphenated ancestry is interesting - and worthy of mention if one so desires.

Anyone born in the US can claim citizenship.

When we get right down to facts - the vast majority of us are "mutts" - not purebreeds from any one national/cultural ethnic line.

I'm a mutt - but I don't often bite and draw blood - and have had my shots...

And I only backtalk a little...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KQZ102OoJ4

 

44>dolt45
Bronze Conversationalist

Alferdpacker: I 'm a mutt too and proud of it !  Nothing wrong with being of one nationality. In the begining most of us were. It is ok to be proud, but it is not ok to be full of hate for your fellow man. I liked the part about the mutt. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@cn5621 wrote:

Alferdpacker: I 'm a mutt too and proud of it !  Nothing wrong with being of one nationality. In the begining most of us were. It is ok to be proud, but it is not ok to be full of hate for your fellow man. I liked the part about the mutt. 


Yes,  we are all mutts in one way or another, so there is not one good reason, as to  why,  the diferentiation of  the kinds of mutts that we all are..

Is there?
Therefore, no one should be called African American mutt, or Cuban,American ,mutt or Mexican American  Mutt or Jewish American mutt . instead of simply be called a mutt.
In my view, that differentiation of mutts is where racism begins, the name by itself indicates a differentce, and until we are able to erase that difference, we will all  be mutts but some mutts, will always be better that other mutts.


no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

If anyone has an interest in getting away from Cuba and back to the topic - people are racist for two reasons. 

 

1) They feel poorly about themselves and just have to think there is some one below them.

 

2) They are politicians or the supporters of politicians and want to narrowly define "racism" to only mean "the other guys" and, sadly, are able to round up a mob anytime they want to stir things up. It is the same people and the same mindset that got all wrapped around the axle over who went into which John or Jane in bars.


Gee Rk, I can't believe that I may be agreeing with you  lOL

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:


1.  That was over 50 years ago.

2.  What criteria were you using to refer to yourself as "white"?


I would believe that is Rker's business as why she did.  Further, no matter how long ago has no bearing.  Customs personnel in the past would write down whatever they felt like in determining race and other information.

 

And for information I worked with the 2000 census.  On the forms concerning race, we were instructed to ask the individual their race.  They could have be Black, but if they responded as White, that was what we were required to enter. 

 

One would have to ask you the same as you accuse others of....are you trolling Rker

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm a "those people". Where's the box to check that one? is it other?


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I'm a "those people". Where's the box to check that one? is it other?


So "Slayer", why do you think people are still racist today?  Any thoughts?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I'm a "those people". Where's the box to check that one? is it other?


Could be a "none-of-the-above"....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@NerdyMom wrote:

Personally, I'm fine with hyphens.

 

But I always call people what they want to be called.    


Of course, I think most people are fine with hyphens, NerdyMom.  Several of my peers refer to themselves as African-Americans.....rker has argued unsuccessfully that it's racist to use a hyphen.  I suspect she was hyper-sensitive to her being referred to as a hyphen and chose to make an issue of it.  I guess it works for her....who knows.  But we all know the use of a hyphen doesn't beget racism.  Like you, I'll always call people by THEIR preference, even if they don't want to utilize the hyphen like rker insists.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
353 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist said, "I agree, CeeTee.....that's exactly the point I made earlier to know avail.  The poster jumped down my throat, attacked me, said my opinion had no value, yet I didn't share my opinion on the topic.  All I was doing was trying to understand what she was trying to say."

 

Your statement above is very true. We should also keep in mind that when we get into complex arguments, some members are in above their head. Instead of acknowledging they don't understand the complexities of the argument, they say something totally irrelevant, which proves they didn't even understand the nature of the argument.

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

 

 

Your statement above is very true. We should also keep in mind that when we get into complex arguments, some members are in above their head. Instead of acknowledging they don't understand the complexities of the argument, they say something totally irrelevant, which proves they didn't even understand the nature of the argument.

 


So now, I am one that doesn't understand what is racism? really?  I not only understand the issue, the argument and everything that has been said in this theread. Most of it is hogwash. and an attempt to silence diverce opinions.
disagreeing with me is not a problem, bullying, and insulting is.
We have seen the reaction of posters that apparently think that they are the director in chief of this Message board and have no problem to prove their point  insulting at everytime they see the opportunity.
so, if you now seem to join their chorus, be my guest, I really thought different from you.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

rker.....it is a hoot trying to understand your posts....

 

In the post below you post:

 

So now, I am one that doesn't understand what is racism? really?  I not only understand the issue, the argument and everything that has been said in this theread.

 

But in the post just prior you post:

 

"On the contrary I do not understand racism and I truly believe that most in this message board don't understand it either."

 

I would ask clarifying questions to understand better, but the last time I did that I was accused of bullying and attacking you.....obviously most can see where the disconnect is.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
403 Views
17
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ look at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion.

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.Stop inciting differences. I knew thattI couldn't  have never insulted Nerdy Mom in any capacity.
But you couldn't help it. you needed to needle and see where this whole thing went. Your post present a problem 




no name
0 Kudos
400 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ look at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion.

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.

 

You've solved your own dilemma, rker.  You said earlier in this thread that using a hyphen when describing someone is racist, yet here is an example of you using a hyphen and claiming you weren't being racist.  See the juxtaposition you created?

 

Obviously the answer is easy.....using a hyphen isn't racist, though one here has always seen it as such.  Maybe it's about time to ease off that crutch and take another look.  All those years and maybe, just maybe, all those referring to you or others as Cuban-Americans weren't being racist at all.....just as you claim you weren't being racist when you used the term Muslim-American.

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
394 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


 



@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ look at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion.

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.

 

You've solved your own dilemma, rker.  You said earlier in this thread that using a hyphen when describing someone is racist, yet here is an example of you using a hyphen and claiming you weren't being racist.  See the juxtaposition you created?

 

Obviously the answer is easy.....using a hyphen isn't racist, though one here has always seen it as such.  Maybe it's about time to ease off that crutch and take another look.  All those years and maybe, just maybe, all those referring to you or others as Cuban-Americans weren't being racist at all.....just as you claim you weren't being racist when you used the term Muslim-American.

 


Your arguments are really becoming quite weak. and the posts and the answers are also becoming quite tiresome.
You have your ideask and I have mine and my are the correct ones, It is a pity that you cannot see that.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

 



@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Found the post and it was in answering one of your posts

Part of the fear from that era was the need for Americans to feel united and reassured in the face of war. Former president Woodrow Wilson also echoed Roosevelt’s concerns, by saying "Any man who carries a hyphen about with him carries a dagger that he is ready to plunge into the vitals of this Republic whenever he gets ready." 2 He may have had a point/ look at what is happening in this country with the muslim Americans.
My point was very clear. by the use of hipnenated Americans we have instituted an inequality that exists today. Yes, the latest one are the Muslim Americans. and the treatement that many receive because of their nationality and religion.

You bet, you tried to say that I had insulteed Nerdy Mom, when in reality I was defending any American that has to deal with the hyphen on  who the are.

 

You've solved your own dilemma, rker.  You said earlier in this thread that using a hyphen when describing someone is racist, yet here is an example of you using a hyphen and claiming you weren't being racist.  See the juxtaposition you created?

 

Obviously the answer is easy.....using a hyphen isn't racist, though one here has always seen it as such.  Maybe it's about time to ease off that crutch and take another look.  All those years and maybe, just maybe, all those referring to you or others as Cuban-Americans weren't being racist at all.....just as you claim you weren't being racist when you used the term Muslim-American.

 


Your arguments are really becoming quite weak. and the posts and the answers are also becoming quite tiresome.  Great! 
You have your ideask (sic) and I have mine and my are the correct ones, the words of someone who would likely be "obstinately devoted to their opinions and predjudices"....wouldn't you agree?  It is a pity that you cannot see that. Only a pity for you.  It's your long night..... 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
364 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png