Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
292
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

292 Views
Message 81 of 244

The title of the topic is a question ..........." Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism"

 

The answer is so simple. Those who are defensive are racists, self admitted or not.

 

 

                     


Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
292
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
292
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

292 Views
Message 82 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:


The stats that I used are real FBI crime in the US stats, directly from the FBI.gov website. I used Table 43B, which are apparently 2011 stats. The crime stats for 2016 are as you say. Well, they're close enough to what you said.

 

However...

 

The Census Bureau says that whites are 76.9% of the TOTAL population. Not the percentage of teens who are white.

 

 


1.  The FBI numbers I used are the latest and are accurate, not out of date and "close enough" like yours.

 

2.  Yes, the Census Bureau says that whites make up 76.9% of the population, EXACTLY AS I SAID.  And I provided a reference to it since you claimed it was wrong.  I cannot find anywhere that the Census Bureau breaks out I the number of teens by race so I used the total and believe that is a reasonable extrapolation.  You said the number was less than 53%. Logically, that number does not make sense.  Just for example, extrapolating from the total population, if whites constitute 53% of teens, blacks would have to constitute around 40%, which means they wouldn't be much of a minority anymore.  So please provide a reference, IF YOU HAVE ONE.  If it's from the Census Bureau or an unbiased organization that actually has the expertise to determine what the numbers are, I'll be happy to use them.


First of all, I said YOUR stats were close enough to the real 2016 FBI stats, not mine. You didn't initially provide a link to the stats you used and since I wasn't going to just take your word for it, I found REAL FBI stats. They just happened to be from 2011.

 

Secondly, YOU posted a stat for "robberies committed by black teens" and then decided to use population stats that don't represent the teen population. And that is NOT reasonable, no matter what you might think.

 

child population by race

Data Source:  Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau.

 

I really don't give rat's patootie which numbers you use, as long as you use numbers that are consistent with the point you're trying to make. Otherwise, you ARE guilty of using incomplete stats to make misleading claims, EXACTLY AS I SAID.

 

By the way, I didn't have to acknowledge that the FBI stats that I used were from 2011, but I did. Would it kill you to act like a decent human being in here?

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
292
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
300
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

300 Views
Message 83 of 244

@Roxanna35 wrote:

None of you, neither Centrist or yourself have the slightest idea as to why this country is so racist. and what is worse, none of you want to actually accept the truth.

I have said many times that racism is inherit in this society since its inception. you people differentiate people from the get go according to their race or ethnicity.  and then wonder as to why there is racism

Guess what guys, you ain't going to change. so don't bother looking for excuses that in the end will not work.


That's silly.  

 

Nature vs. Nurture? New Research Shows Racism Isn't Innate

 

I don't wonder why there is racism, I wonder why some choose to embrace it.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
300
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
303
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

303 Views
Message 84 of 244

None of you, neither Centrist or yourself have the slightest idea as to why this country is so racist. and what is worse, none of you want to actually accept the truth.

I have said many times that racism is inherit in this society since its inception. you people differentiate people from the get go according to their race or ethnicity.  and then wonder as to why there is racism

Guess what guys, you ain't going to change. so don't bother looking for excuses that in the end will not work.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
303
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

307 Views
Message 85 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Obviously, one has their own belief, nothing substantiated with any facts or references that support their contention that racism is caused by crime.  I assume crime has created at least one racist on this forum. 


Typical liberal response.  When they have no facts they resort to innuendo, name calling, "it's defensive" etc, etc, etc.  No facts is especially telling.  Of course, FBI and Census numbers are only correct when they support the liberal view.  Oh well, at least you proved what you previously said was true:

 

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Misrepresenting another's post is the result of anothers character flaw and, obviously, defensive in nature.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
307
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
311
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

311 Views
Message 86 of 244

Obviously, one has their own belief, nothing substantiated with any facts or references that support their contention that racism is caused by crime.  I assume crime has created at least one racist on this forum. 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
311
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
319
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

319 Views
Message 87 of 244

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


Then don't discuss it if you choose not to.  Otherwise, your off topic comments are nothing but, trolling.


You don't like me telling you the truth? I don't like you repeating the same topic ad nauseum.  I know, it's for mature adults to discuss what can be an uncomfortable subject.  It's not for everyone....just like all the lies your guy perpetuates....many just laugh. IMO, you're defensive....that's OK.  If it didn't apply to you, you wouldn't be bothered.  Just as your guy can't go a day without saying, "witch hunt".


ed especially by the left to push their divisive agenda.

Mature adults do not beat a dead horse over and over and over!


Problem is, it's only a "dead horse" to those who are defensive.  94% of Americans say racism is a problem; 64% say it's a MAJOR problem....your "dead horse" belief stinks!


Do you think posting your racism rubbish every day will make the 94% become 93%?


The real problem is nobody knows WHY the people polled thought racism was a problem.  It could be because of black crime.  It could be (and probably is) due to many reasons and most of those reasons probably have little to do with cent's irrational excuses.  But one good thing came out of it when that was previously pointed out.  Cent and the rest of the usual suspects provided us a defining demostration of what being defensive really is.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
319
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

307 Views
Message 88 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Defensiveness is defined as self-protection in the form of righteous indignation or innocent victimh...

 

Note the key words "perceived attack".....it may set you free.


Please review your defensive comments about black crime FACTS ... it may set you free.


Posting black crime statistics is clearly a white conservative defensive evasion that is clearly meant to take the discussion off-topic - could it be motivated by racial bias?

Sure looks that way....

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
307
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

307 Views
Message 89 of 244

Here we go again.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
307
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

293 Views
Message 90 of 244

There are a large number of defense mechanisms; the main ones are summarized below.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
293
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.