Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Message 71 of 244

@nctarheel wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

So why are some whites so defensive about discussing racism in America?  As can be seen here, several are extremely defensive discussing the topic, attacking those who do wish to discuss the subject and solutions; working diligently and/or timelessly to get the topic shut-down; complaining the topic is raised, or "kept-going", attacking any suggestions for improving this self-created issue.

I just can't imagine any "good-American" that believes in equality, would not want us, as Americans, to just ignore an issue that 94% of Americans believed was a "problem".  Could it be some are just "frail"?  Maybe its.....

White Fragility

@Centristsin2010,

Once again, you've hit the nail on the head!!!!

Just as some people with certain medical conditions are defensive when discussion of those medical conditions ensue; so are some people who feign sensitivity to the subject of RACISM.

Well said, nc.  It's rather sad how some just react so hatefully and attack others when the term is used in discussion; obviously in a defensive manner; just like trump does when asked about Russian influence in the elections.  Clearly a sign of something they want to hide.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 244

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote: the same nonsense.....but the answer to his nonsense remains the same.

Nope, you don't need to be spoonfed any longer....it's there....second post to the topic.

The second post (from your kudo-buddy) basically said that if you say you are not a racist, that is proof that you are a racist.

But back to  the topic since you obviously are going to continue to play games over what you mean by "defensive" in the context of this discussion - if you call me a racist, I shall resist since I am not. Might that be the point of this topic?

You are beig extremely defensive, ever since your first post to this topic; no one called you a racist, yet you responded defensively.  Some believe you "doth protest too much." That makes sense.

And the meme continues - "defensive" and defensively" with still no definition of your meaning as it applies to these discussions.

I'll give you a hint....there's no unique definition to the term as it applies to this topic.  Now, you might want to read the link within the topic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 244

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote: the same nonsense.....but the answer to his nonsense remains the same.

Nope, you don't need to be spoonfed any longer....it's there....second post to the topic.

The second post (from your kudo-buddy) basically said that if you say you are not a racist, that is proof that you are a racist.

But back to  the topic since you obviously are going to continue to play games over what you mean by "defensive" in the context of this discussion - if you call me a racist, I shall resist since I am not. Might that be the point of this topic?

You are beig extremely defensive, ever since your first post to this topic; no one called you a racist, yet you responded defensively.  Some believe you "doth protest too much." That makes sense.

And the meme continues - "defensive" and defensively" with still no definition of your meaning as it applies to these discussions.

Your endless and repeated postings define it.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 244

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Indeed - it's not in any respect different than the dead giveaway from the previous century - the one that goes  - "Of course I'm not a racist - but what about..."

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 244

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Can anyone point out what indicates "defensive" for the purposes of this discussion?

Sure, read your first post to this topic.

I did and the question remains the same - Can anyone point out what indicates "defensive" for the purposes of this discussion?  So, your answer to the topic question was your speaking for all whites?  Blaming Liberals?  You know, for the purposes of discussion....

So, no. It is quite simple and straight forward, "Can anyone point out what indicates "defensive" for the purposes of this discussion?".

Yes, it is quite simple and straitforward and someone DID point it out; yet your defensiveness is not permitting any objectivity.

If it is all that simple and straight forward, why not just post it? It is not my defensiveness that stops you from posting it.

So, back to basics - "Can anyone point out what indicates "defensive" for the purposes of this discussion?".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 244

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The title of the topic is a question ..........." Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism"

The answer is so simple. Those who are defensive are racists, self admitted or not.

Yeah, that's pretty clear.  It's telling that most who those who have responded that are defending themselves or attacking the messenger haven't even bothered to read the article.  It appears, though I could be wrong, that they see the word racism and go on the attack.  It's incredibly ignorant.  Raed, digest and articulate one's thoughts; It's not difficult. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.