Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
457
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

457 Views
Message 41 of 244

The GOP has created a Cottage Industry in the fabrication of racist slurs disguised as statistical analysis.

 

What they do NOT advertise are all the studies that prove there is no greater propensity to commit crimes based on race WITHIN each economic quintile. Which means poor (bottom 20%) whites are just as likely to commit crimes as poor blacks. But as you go up the ladder, each group has a smaller proportion of blacks and a smaller proportion of criminal activity.

 

They also omit the studies which prove despite the "equal" degree of criminality, blacks are EIGHT TIMES MORE LIKELY TO GO TO JAIL FOR THEIR CRIMES.

 

So if you begin with data that skews the proportion of non-whites in the group so in the group committing the most crime they represent not a small minority but a actual majority, and then add in the fact the equally significant black criminal element within that group is 8 TIMES more likely to serve time than the criminal whites, voila' you have a statistic that appears to show it's RACE and not economic condition that causes criminality.

 

The absurd racist assertion that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK is mother's milk to the Republican Base. Confront them with the fact the data supporting their racist assertion is tilted toward their desired outcome, and they claim YOUR being racist instead of admitting it's their data collectors and analyzers who are racist.

 

Now consider this: The S&L scandal of the 1980's destroyed the lives of millions of Seniors and not a single one of the perps who were convicted of the crime WAS BLACK. Thirty years later, when the Banksters and Wall Street scammers destroyed the World Economy, NOT A SINGLE SENIOR EXECUTIVE IN THE FIRMS RESPONSIBLE WAS BLACK. That disaster drove 8 Million American families from their Homes and plunged 15 Million Americans into long-term unemployment.

 

So why do the racist GOPers insist we must concentrate our energies on arresting and imprisoning blacks who buy drugs as the solution to our "crime problem"? Why are we racist for pointing out the absurdity of their position and reasoning behind it?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
457
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
463
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

463 Views
Message 42 of 244

@Cirice wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:


The stats that I used are real FBI crime in the US stats, directly from the FBI.gov website. I used Table 43B, which are apparently 2011 stats. The crime stats for 2016 are as you say. Well, they're close enough to what you said.

 

However...

 

The Census Bureau says that whites are 76.9% of the TOTAL population. Not the percentage of teens who are white.

 

 


1.  The FBI numbers I used are the latest and are accurate, not out of date and "close enough" like yours.

 

2.  Yes, the Census Bureau says that whites make up 76.9% of the population, EXACTLY AS I SAID.  And I provided a reference to it since you claimed it was wrong.  I cannot find anywhere that the Census Bureau breaks out I the number of teens by race so I used the total and believe that is a reasonable extrapolation.  You said the number was less than 53%. Logically, that number does not make sense.  Just for example, extrapolating from the total population, if whites constitute 53% of teens, blacks would have to constitute around 40%, which means they wouldn't be much of a minority anymore.  So please provide a reference, IF YOU HAVE ONE.  If it's from the Census Bureau or an unbiased organization that actually has the expertise to determine what the numbers are, I'll be happy to use them.


First of all, I said YOUR stats were close enough to the real 2016 FBI stats, not mine. You didn't initially provide a link to the stats you used and since I wasn't going to just take your word for it, I found REAL FBI stats. They just happened to be from 2011.

 

Secondly, YOU posted a stat for "robberies committed by black teens" and then decided to use population stats that don't represent the teen population. And that is NOT reasonable, no matter what you might think.

 

child population by race

Data Source:  Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau.

 

I really don't give rat's patootie which numbers you use, as long as you use numbers that are consistent with the point you're trying to make. Otherwise, you ARE guilty of using incomplete stats to make misleading claims, EXACTLY AS I SAID.

 

By the way, I didn't have to acknowledge that the FBI stats that I used were from 2011, but I did. Would it kill you to act like a decent human being in here?


There are a few things you obviously don't understand, so let's try to clear that up first.

 

1. Based upon sociological and anthropological race definitions, there are five recognized races in this country. Based on those, the Census Bureau and the FBI divide their stats into five racial groups. In order of population size, they are White, Black or African American, Asian, American Indian and Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders.

 

2. "Hispanic" is not a race. It's an ethnicity. The Census Bureau and FBI include Hispanics in their numbers by race according to what their race is. They also break out Hispanics regardless of race because they are such a large part of this nations population. (Hispanics make up a larger part of the population than any of the races other than white.) As PBS explained:

"While race and ethnicity share an ideology of common ancestry, they differ in several ways. First of all, race is primarily unitary. You can only have one race, while you can claim multiple ethnic affiliations. You can identify ethnically as Irish and Polish, but you have to be essentially either black or white."

 

With that in mind....

While you called your reference “child population by race” and said “Data Source: Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau,” neither was true. The reference is to the Annie Casey Foundation which misused the Census numbers. Even though they claimed their numbers were by race, they excluded Hispanics.

 

The only actual Census numbers I could find breaking down children by race is referenced below. It states that it was from 2011 but wasn't published until 2014. The closest it has for the teen category is ages 12-17. For that category, Whites account for 75.9% and blacks 15.1%. Obviously they are not an accurate representative of the population in 2016 which I was comparing the 2016 FBI stats for consistency. But, while I believe mirroring the adult population is correct since we have no 2016 numbers, they are far cry from the 53% you erroneously claimed and close enough to the 79% that they actually make NO difference in what I was saying.

 

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2008/demo/2011-childs-day.html

 

In regard to the other things you said:

 

In regard to your 2011 numbers, you can justify them any way you want but the fact is you tried to use out of date crime numbers and erroneous population numbers in a weak attempt to prove the numbers I posted were wrong. Shame on you. You got caught.

 

Second, when you said “close enough” you tried to make a snide little remark to imply there was something wrong with the numbers . They were right and I post where they came from.

 

Third, I posted a statistic about the purpose of the NYC stop and frisk program. Nothing else. You then chose to post a lot of outdated statistics that had nothing to do with that particular program and then post a population number THAT WAS WRONG in an attempt to prove a number I used was wrong. Again, shame on you. You got caught.

 

"And that is NOT reasonable, no matter what you might think."

 

And you started the whole thing by saying “Congratulations. This is an excellent example of racism.” because you didn't like a simple little ACCURATE number I posted. I do agree that it wouldn't kill anyone “to act like a decent human being in here” starting with you. But you and most of the other liberals here don't, especially if someone actually posts some FACTS they don't like, which is exactly what happened in this case. But I can pretty much guarantee you that I will usually respond in kind.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
463
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
502
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

502 Views
Message 43 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

The fact remains that you liberals are not moving into Black neighborhoods.

 

Those who are obstinately devoted to their bias and predjudices sure don't think so....

 

Whites are moving back to Inglewood. There goes our neighborhood.

 

I pity bigots....they may NEVER understand the hate in their hearts...


 


Maybe he's never heard of gentrification 😉

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
502
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
529
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

529 Views
Message 44 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

The fact remains that you liberals are not moving into Black neighborhoods.

 

Those who are obstinately devoted to their bias and predjudices sure don't think so....

 

Whites are moving back to Inglewood. There goes our neighborhood.

 

I pity bigots....they may NEVER understand the hate in their hearts...


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
529
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
525
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

525 Views
Message 45 of 244

@alferdpacker

Good for you, your daughter, and your son. Why do people expend so much energy to treat others badly. And are those the people that claim minorities are trying to do them harm?

And why is it being said that we should move because we have a certain belief system, and believe in others. Being supportive does not say that I have to live with someone in order to support them...pretzel logic?

 

good is as good does

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
525
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
518
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

518 Views
Message 46 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

 

Don't be silly.

 

All that is necessary to remember, is that, like two thirds of what Obama says, this too, is not true.


Really. You want to talk about US Presidents who lie when we have Trump in the WH? LOL!!

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
518
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
518
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

518 Views
Message 47 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

As you can see from the following animated GIF, very few Whites are moving into all Black neighborhoods.  I can't find even one Black neighborhood that didn't grow.

ChicagoTransitionNeighborhoods.gif


What is your point? That whites didn't want to move into black neighborhoods? 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
518
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
518
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

518 Views
Message 48 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

The fact remains that you liberals are not moving into Black neighborhoods.


Nope - didn't move into black neighborhoods - stayed while our neighborhood became multiracial - danced a jig of despair and mourning every time one of the  "white racially biased" sold and moved - and was pleased to welcome new neighbors - the neighborhoos was fortunate - most did not suffer from that character defect.

 

Having adopted multiple kids with different skin colors, we were occasionally the target of crank calls to the police complaining of one of my non-white adopted kids performing wholly lawful acts like riding their bicycle on the street, rollerblading on public sidewalks etc. etc.

 

As the result of a situation insigated by a man who was openly racist, we consulted an attorney, and became aware of the fact that children do NOT have to talk to either random adults - or police - or answer questions asked by either without the presence and permission of a parent - and an attorney if the parent (not the cop) deems it necessary.   We taught them to say to most adults and police who were attempting to badger them - "My parents told me not to answer your questions unless they are here and tell me to answer."   A woman who slapped one of my daughters for saying that got six months in jail...

My eleven year old son was fascinated by that aspect of the the law, started reading everything he could find about law - and is now an attorney whose practice is mostly civil rights and ACLU related.

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
518
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
528
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

528 Views
Message 49 of 244

The fact remains that you liberals are not moving into Black neighborhoods.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
528
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
523
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

523 Views
Message 50 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruz

post.png


Gee, a ruze, your exact words were "every thread about "racism" in this forum contains one big fat liberal lie of omission", which in itself is ignorant.  And why is that?  Because YOU claimed:

 

1. White Democrats racially profiled Blacks as "undesirable culture" and quickly moved away.  Can you prove that as a fact or just one's racist view?

 

2.  You claimed your opinion was based "in many large northern cities" and now you attack a poster because he pointed out your nonsense and claim you knew your city and he didn't.  You claimed it was "many large northern cities"....you have a bigoted view based on YOUR experience, in a mid-western city and claim it applies to "many large northern cities".  Certainly you understand how bigoted and short-sighted that view is.

 

3.  The fact some Conservatives are called racists has nothing to do with where they move....there are MANY reasons people relocate....better schools, better amenities, less congestion, better Real Estate, etc., but they are often referred to as racists for the policies they support, the ignorant comments they post here, and the candidates they support.  IMO, suggesting only white democrats moved out of the cities is ignorant.  Can you prove it?  My father was a staunch Republican and moved the family out of DC....I don't recall him mentioning race at all.

 

4.  Your faux outrage is laughable.  Sounds like you knew a LOT of racists.  I'm not surprised.

 

Is there a reason you decided to TROLL this topic?  Or do you want to actually address the topic?  Why are you so defensive about racism?  You will note the topic doesn't mention anything about political affiliation.  Rather defensive.....


post.png


1.  Nope, you made the claim....you can't prove it.....so it's just your racist bull manure.....

 

2.  You have anecdotal information that you claim is accurate....it's unlikely that it is.  And bigots usually generalize...."like all Liberals"; or, "all white Democrats" or most every use of an absolute.  You know that; yet you continue to generalize because you are "obstinately devoted to your bias and prejudice".

 

3.  You stated, "In many large northern cities, millions of white Democrats fled the advancing borders of black neighborhoods into the white neighborhoods".....I never claimed you said "only" Dems fled. Again, those who are "obstinately devoted to their view" sure are hate filled.  Here you take the opportunity to troll this topic and attack Libs?  LOL.  This isn't a partisan issue and BTW, you proved NOTHING as you suggested other than you are more obstinately devoted to your own views, bias and prejudices" than most. 

 

4.  Sure sounds like a bigoted view to me and quite the canard....

post.png

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
523
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors