Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Message 31 of 244

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote: the same nonsense.....but the answer to his nonsense remains the same.

Nope, you don't need to be spoonfed any longer....it's there....second post to the topic.

The second post (from your kudo-buddy) basically said that if you say you are not a racist, that is proof that you are a racist.

But back to  the topic since you obviously are going to continue to play games over what you mean by "defensive" in the context of this discussion - if you call me a racist, I shall resist since I am not. Might that be the point of this topic?

You are beig extremely defensive, ever since your first post to this topic; no one called you a racist, yet you responded defensively.  Some believe you "doth protest too much." That makes sense.

And the meme continues - "defensive" and defensively" with still no definition of your meaning as it applies to these discussions.

Your endless and repeated postings define it.

Do you actually have any idea or are you just kudo harvesting via insult?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

The fact remains that you liberals are not moving into Black neighborhoods.

Those who are obstinately devoted to their bias and predjudices sure don't think so....

Whites are moving back to Inglewood. There goes our neighborhood.

I pity bigots....they may NEVER understand the hate in their hearts...

post.png

You have spun your delusion as a fact AND claimed you know why White liberals moved from the city, yet you have no clue.  Just as you have no idea white white Cons relocated. Your comments sound very politically bigoted.....you make comments based on your "obstinately biased view and prejudices" and have absolutely no facts....but it doesn't stop you from spewing your hate.  Despicable.

post.png

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It's rather telling that two posters here rant against "Liberals" and have posted NOTHING about the actual topic it self, "Why are Whites so Defensive about Racism"?  Avoiding the topic and pontificating about their hate-filled attacks may just show how defensive THEY are.....you will note neither of them have chosen to post topics of their own about what they prefer to whine on about.

Perhaps the answer is in the thread "WHY ARE LIBERALS SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT BEING STUPID."

First, let me apologize for the title of this thread.  It presupposes that all liberals are stupid, which is false.  (Yeah, yeah, I know, sometimes it seems true, but it's not.)  The title is a logical fallacy commonly called a loaded question.  It is commonly used by people to ask a question presupposing something not in evidence because they ASSUME something they have no facts to support.  Logical fallacies are not used by people who understand English and logic because they know it is incorrect.  But I decided the best way to explain that is to actually use a loaded question.

Now that we all know that how erroneous it is, perhaps can stop getting titles like "Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 244

@Cirice wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Those who are obstinately devoted to their bias and predjudices sure don't think so....

Maybe he's never heard of gentrification 😉

I am a Southerner and have never lived in a segregated area - I have alway lived in a neighborhood - close in or expanded - that included POC - blacks initially when I was a kid then as an adult other races and ethniticies. I live as a minority in my area - been here for 30 years and love it.  The makup has changed little in that 30 years - perhaps a percentage change this way or that but not very much.

Gentrification does seem to be a problem to some minorities when it happens in their neighborhood.

Can't blame them since property taxes begin to escalate - that is continuing to happen in Atlanta.  Gentrification also seems to want to change some cultural / societal preferences things in an area. 

I have to laugh sometimes when some of these gentificators try to establish HOA rules in some areas.

Trying to change ages of what has been the norm and others have accepted that norm.  Is that racism?  Or is just differences in neighborhoods -?

I think racism is unjustifiable fear - as caucasians, my husband and I were refused adoption of a black child back in the early 70's by a government agency at the influence of a minority group, saying that a black child needed to be adopted by a like-family.  It was a devastating decision for us.  Today, that still is the desire of some groups - both minority and majority groups - American Indians come to mind as to their desires in this area.

Is that racism ? - I think it is.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 244

It's rather telling that two posters here rant against "Liberals" and have posted NOTHING about the actual topic it self, "Why are Whites so Defensive about Racism"?  Avoiding the topic and pontificating about their hate-filled attacks may just show how defensive THEY are.....you will note neither of them have chosen to post topics of their own about what they prefer to whine on about.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 244

I hoped for some input on, "The most obvious change in my old neighborhood, besides the inhabitants, is that many stores and businesses were boarded up or replaced with vacant lots. ... Go figure." 

I don't know the answer.  I expected those businesses to be taken over by Blacks to serve their community.  The vacant lot phenomenon seems to be in every other Black neighborhood that I have examined,  but, I am not sure what was previously in those lots.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.png

You have spun your delusion as a fact AND claimed you know why White liberals moved from the city, yet you have no clue.  Just as you have no idea white white Cons relocated. Your comments sound very politically bigoted.....you make comments based on your "obstinately biased view and prejudices" and have absolutely no facts....but it doesn't stop you from spewing your hate.  Despicable.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 244

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Nope - didn't move into black neighborhoods - stayed while our neighborhood became multiracial - danced a jig of despair and mourning every time one of the  "white racially biased" sold and moved - and was pleased to welcome new neighbors - the neighborhoos was fortunate - most did not suffer from that character defect.

Having adopted multiple kids with different skin colors, we were occasionally the target of crank calls to the police complaining of one of my non-white adopted kids performing wholly lawful acts like riding their bicycle on the street, rollerblading on public sidewalks etc. etc.

As the result of a situation insigated by a man who was openly racist, we consulted an attorney, and became aware of the fact that children do NOT have to talk to either random adults - or police - or answer questions asked by either without the presence and permission of a parent - and an attorney if the parent (not the cop) deems it necessary.   We taught them to say to most adults and police who were attempting to badger them - "My parents told me not to answer your questions unless they are here and tell me to answer."   A woman who slapped one of my daughters for saying that got six months in jail...

My eleven year old son was fascinated by that aspect of the the law, started reading everything he could find about law - and is now an attorney whose practice is mostly civil rights and ACLU related.

"our neighborhood became multiracial"

Too vague. Clarify.  I can say the same thing but it is irrelevant to the conversation because my neighborhood is about 85% Hispanic and Hispanics typically do not flee the advancing borders of Black neighborhoods. As a result, there are 5-10% Blacks scattered among the Hispanics.

"danced a jig of despair and mourning every time one of the  "white racially biased" sold and moved "

Republicans or Democrats?

"a man who was openly racist"

Republican or Democrat?

"woman who slapped one of my daughters "

Republican or Democrat?

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.png

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 244

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The GOP has created a Cottage Industry in the fabrication of racist slurs disguised as statistical analysis.

What they do NOT advertise are all the studies that prove there is no greater propensity to commit crimes based on race WITHIN each economic quintile. Which means poor (bottom 20%) whites are just as likely to commit crimes as poor blacks. But as you go up the ladder, each group has a smaller proportion of blacks and a smaller proportion of criminal activity.

They also omit the studies which prove despite the "equal" degree of criminality, blacks are EIGHT TIMES MORE LIKELY TO GO TO JAIL FOR THEIR CRIMES.

So if you begin with data that skews the proportion of non-whites in the group so in the group committing the most crime they represent not a small minority but a actual majority, and then add in the fact the equally significant black criminal element within that group is 8 TIMES more likely to serve time than the criminal whites, voila' you have a statistic that appears to show it's RACE and not economic condition that causes criminality.

The absurd racist assertion that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK is mother's milk to the Republican Base. Confront them with the fact the data supporting their racist assertion is tilted toward their desired outcome, and they claim YOUR being racist instead of admitting it's their data collectors and analyzers who are racist.

Now consider this: The S&L scandal of the 1980's destroyed the lives of millions of Seniors and not a single one of the perps who were convicted of the crime WAS BLACK. Thirty years later, when the Banksters and Wall Street scammers destroyed the World Economy, NOT A SINGLE SENIOR EXECUTIVE IN THE FIRMS RESPONSIBLE WAS BLACK. That disaster drove 8 Million American families from their Homes and plunged 15 Million Americans into long-term unemployment.

So why do the racist GOPers insist we must concentrate our energies on arresting and imprisoning blacks who buy drugs as the solution to our "crime problem"? Why are we racist for pointing out the absurdity of their position and reasoning behind it?

1.  "Propensity" has nothing to do with it. The facts bear out the simple fact that blacks commit an inordinate amount of crime.

2.  Since so many more whites than blacks live in poverty, economics does not appear to have anything to do with it.

3.  While there are undoubtedly people who believe it is simply because they're black, the vast majority of know better. 

4.  So if it's not due to race and it's not due to economics, what is the reason?  Answering that question (without just making an excuse for it) is the first step toward changing it.

5.  And if you think it's racist to address black crime, then Jesse Jackson is a racist, right?

Jesse Jackson said, “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.