Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Reply
Highlighted
Moderator
1
Kudos
297
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

297 Views
Message 1 of 244

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
297
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
309
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

309 Views
Message 2 of 244

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 


@aruzinsky wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.pngpost.png

 


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  As Jesse Jackson said:

 

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

 


Speaking for myself, I fear Black racism toward Whites which would manifest itself as hate crimes toward me.  There is much more than twice the chance that I would be a victim of a hate crime in a 100% Black neighborhood than there would be in a 50% Black neighborhood because there are more potential White victims.  That's why I don't even want to walk through an all Black neighborhood.  I have in the past but I don't like it.


But the sad fact is, while your chance of getting mugged walking thru an all black neighborhood is no more than 1 in 100, a black man's chance of being stopped by police, and possibly killed in the process, while walking thru an all white neighborhood is very close to 1 in 1.


"no more than 1 in 100" -  That's absolute nonsense because the probability increases with the distance walked. What are the odds per mile?  And, where is there an "all white neighborhood" these days?

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
309
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
316
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

316 Views
Message 3 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.png


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


post.png


Yep, it has been Democrat for some time.....doesn't make it Liberal.  Is a GOP city, Conservative?  Not necessarily.  It's also mostly white.  If that offends you, so be it.  I note you don't live in an ALL ANYTHING neighborhood.....nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter.


"nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter."

So you admit that your, "when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?" was an intentional waste of my time and I am entirely justified to respond to everything you say with

TalkToMyHand.jpg

 

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
316
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

318 Views
Message 4 of 244


@aruzinsky wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.pngpost.png

 


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  As Jesse Jackson said:

 

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

 


Speaking for myself, I fear Black racism toward Whites which would manifest itself as hate crimes toward me.  There is much more than twice the chance that I would be a victim of a hate crime in a 100% Black neighborhood than there would be in a 50% Black neighborhood because there are more potential White victims.  That's why I don't even want to walk through an all Black neighborhood.  I have in the past but I don't like it.


But the sad fact is, while your chance of getting mugged walking thru an all black neighborhood is no more than 1 in 100, a black man's chance of being stopped by police, and possibly killed in the process, while walking thru an all white neighborhood is very close to 1 in 1.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
317
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

317 Views
Message 5 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.pngpost.png

 


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  As Jesse Jackson said:

 

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

 


Speaking for myself, I fear Black racism toward Whites which would manifest itself as hate crimes toward me.  There is much more than twice the chance that I would be a victim of a hate crime in a 100% Black neighborhood than there would be in a 50% Black neighborhood because there are more potential White victims.  That's why I don't even want to walk through an all Black neighborhood.  I have in the past but I don't like it.

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
317
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
320
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

320 Views
Message 6 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.png


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


post.png


Yep, it has been Democrat for some time.....doesn't make it Liberal.  Is a GOP city, Conservative?  Not necessarily.  It's also mostly white.  If that offends you, so be it.  I note you don't live in an ALL ANYTHING neighborhood.....nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
320
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
326
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

326 Views
Message 7 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.pngpost.png

 


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  You would have to ask the biased person asking the question.  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  You will note he did NOT ask why white would fear to live in a high crime neighborhood.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
326
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
331
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

331 Views
Message 8 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

Had you bothered to read the topic, you would have noted it's the title of a published article,  But that would have taken some effort.


So it's okay to use erroneous logic because someone else did?  Good one.  But I guess you have to be able to recognize what's right and wrong before you can actually apply it.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.


I posted an article for discussion.  You claim it contains erroneous logic and assigned it to me.  That demonstrates if there is any erroneous logic, it's yours. Furthermore, you have failed to convince anyone the logic in the article is flawed. Good one.

 

It seems to me you've demonstrated her logic on target; you've been defensive since you've begun to respond to the topic. 


Nice try.  YOUR title is, BY DEFINITION, a logical fallacy.  YOU made it the title of this thread, not me and not the person who erroneously used it before you.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
331
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
332
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

332 Views
Message 9 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

 

post.png


Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

 

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.


post.png

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
332
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
334
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

334 Views
Message 10 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

Had you bothered to read the topic, you would have noted it's the title of a published article,  But that would have taken some effort.


So it's okay to use erroneous logic because someone else did?  Good one.  But I guess you have to be able to recognize what's right and wrong before you can actually apply it.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.


I posted an article for discussion.  You claim it contains erroneous logic and assigned it to me.  That demonstrates if there is any erroneous logic, it's yours. Furthermore, you have failed to convince anyone the logic in the article is flawed. Good one.

 

It seems to me you've demonstrated her logic on target; you've been defensive since you've begun to respond to the topic. 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
334
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors