Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Why are Whites So Defensive Discussing Racism

Message 1 of 244

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 244

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://eckhartarnold.de/papers/2014_Social_Simulations/node3.html

post.pngpost.png

Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.

"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  As Jesse Jackson said:

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Speaking for myself, I fear Black racism toward Whites which would manifest itself as hate crimes toward me.  There is much more than twice the chance that I would be a victim of a hate crime in a 100% Black neighborhood than there would be in a 50% Black neighborhood because there are more potential White victims.  That's why I don't even want to walk through an all Black neighborhood.  I have in the past but I don't like it.

But the sad fact is, while your chance of getting mugged walking thru an all black neighborhood is no more than 1 in 100, a black man's chance of being stopped by police, and possibly killed in the process, while walking thru an all white neighborhood is very close to 1 in 1.

"no more than 1 in 100" -  That's absolute nonsense because the probability increases with the distance walked. What are the odds per mile?  And, where is there an "all white neighborhood" these days?

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.png

Of COURSE, it's minus the "Democrats" part, that was the most offense part of your rant.

Now, to your question, I believe most would prefer to live in a diverse community, vs. an ALL of any ethnic neighborhood, except if one was a member of that ethnic group. Do blacks "fear" they'll end up in an all white neighborhood?  I dunno, but you claim to be the authority.  So when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?  Of course you "smell a coverup"; it's the smell of bigotry and boy, it's putrid.

post.png

Yep, it has been Democrat for some time.....doesn't make it Liberal.  Is a GOP city, Conservative?  Not necessarily.  It's also mostly white.  If that offends you, so be it.  I note you don't live in an ALL ANYTHING neighborhood.....nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter.

"nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter."

So you admit that your, "when are you moving into an all any minority neighborhood?" was an intentional waste of my time and I am entirely justified to respond to everything you say with

TalkToMyHand.jpg

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.pngpost.png

"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  As Jesse Jackson said:

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Speaking for myself, I fear Black racism toward Whites which would manifest itself as hate crimes toward me.  There is much more than twice the chance that I would be a victim of a hate crime in a 100% Black neighborhood than there would be in a 50% Black neighborhood because there are more potential White victims.  That's why I don't even want to walk through an all Black neighborhood.  I have in the past but I don't like it.

But the sad fact is, while your chance of getting mugged walking thru an all black neighborhood is no more than 1 in 100, a black man's chance of being stopped by police, and possibly killed in the process, while walking thru an all white neighborhood is very close to 1 in 1.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.pngpost.png

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 244

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.png

post.png

Yep, it has been Democrat for some time.....doesn't make it Liberal.  Is a GOP city, Conservative?  Not necessarily.  It's also mostly white.  If that offends you, so be it.  I note you don't live in an ALL ANYTHING neighborhood.....nor do I believe you.....and nor does it matter.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.pngpost.png

"Now, why on Earth would whites fear they would end up in an all black neighborhood?"  You would have to ask the biased person asking the question.  As far as I can determine there is just one reason.  Crime.  You will note he did NOT ask why white would fear to live in a high crime neighborhood.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Had you bothered to read the topic, you would have noted it's the title of a published article,  But that would have taken some effort.

So it's okay to use erroneous logic because someone else did?  Good one.  But I guess you have to be able to recognize what's right and wrong before you can actually apply it.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.

I posted an article for discussion.  You claim it contains erroneous logic and assigned it to me.  That demonstrates if there is any erroneous logic, it's yours. Furthermore, you have failed to convince anyone the logic in the article is flawed. Good one.

It seems to me you've demonstrated her logic on target; you've been defensive since you've begun to respond to the topic. 

Nice try.  YOUR title is, BY DEFINITION, a logical fallacy.  YOU made it the title of this thread, not me and not the person who erroneously used it before you.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 244

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

post.png

post.png

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 244

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Had you bothered to read the topic, you would have noted it's the title of a published article,  But that would have taken some effort.

So it's okay to use erroneous logic because someone else did?  Good one.  But I guess you have to be able to recognize what's right and wrong before you can actually apply it.  Btw, I heard that someone played in traffic yesterday.  Good luck.

I posted an article for discussion.  You claim it contains erroneous logic and assigned it to me.  That demonstrates if there is any erroneous logic, it's yours. Furthermore, you have failed to convince anyone the logic in the article is flawed. Good one.

It seems to me you've demonstrated her logic on target; you've been defensive since you've begun to respond to the topic. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors