Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin

Message 1 of 21

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

All anyone has to do is look at trump’s abysmal record, listen to him run his incredibly stupid mouth and read his insane, demented, and crazed Twitter rants and there is no need for the press to do anything but report the truth, although outlets like FOX and other propaganda sites don’t seem any more capable of truth telling than trump. 

trump spins a slimy disgusting tale and he is spinning so hard and so fast he has dug his own political grave. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

But the lefties keep posting that the Rs are toast come the elections. That should ties his hands even more than the Deep State.

And yet here you are consumed in bitterness and negativity.

If the left is right - smile. Trust me, it doesn't hurt.

Trump's administration has been notably ineffective in finding and rooting out all of the "deep state" operatives...

Does the administration of Putin's "useful idiot" have even the chance of a snowball in hell of identifying republicans in the government that are "steady state" operatives?

Yep - just exactly the same chance of Trump making Mexico pay for the wall...

Polygraph tests?

Don't be silly.

It was established and verified in the sixties that hypnotic pre-conditioning made it possible for a person to get away with lying in a polygraph test - and do so undetectably -  something that is still true today...

It's long been known that hypnotism is notably effective in helping people do something they want to do...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

All anyone has to do is look at trump’s abysmal record, listen to him run his incredibly stupid mouth and read his insane, demented, and crazed Twitter rants and there is no need for the press to do anything but report the truth, although outlets like FOX and other propaganda sites don’t seem any more capable of truth telling than trump. 

trump spins a slimy disgusting tale and he is spinning so hard and so fast he has dug his own political grave. 

But the lefties keep posting that the Rs are toast come the elections. That should ties his hands even more than the Deep State.

And yet here you are consumed in bitterness and negativity.

If the left is right - smile. Trust me, it doesn't hurt.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

No matter how many outraged opinion pieces or news articles (but I repeat myself) the New York  Times produces, no matter how many smarter-than-thou analysts with non-prescription eyeglasses mope about sadly on CNN, no matter how many Obama fan boys and girls left in the White House press corps shriek at the president whenever in earshot, it just doesn’t matter anymore.

The economy hums. Trump keeps us out of foreign entanglements. Wages increase. America’s traditional meritocracy replaces the Democrats’ grievance-based society.

Life happens.

And while the New York  Times op-ed was a nice try by the media, they must on some level, deep down, grasp the new reality: no one hears their screams.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

Trump's record in 18 months:

Inflation rising from ZERO to 3%, totally eliminating the "gain" of 2.9% in wages.

Real wages decrease 0.1%, Corporate profits increase 31%.

Stock Market up, Stock Holder ROI down.

Farmers LOSE $20Billion and consumers pay more because of tariffs.

2000 more coal jobs, 1400 more coal DEATHS

4 million more freeloaders on our health care system

Student debt rises to all-time high

Depression and suicide highest ever for 18-25 year olds

19 Aides and associates of POTUS indicted, 5 convicted of felony crime

No action to halt Russian interference in US elections

No reduction in North Koreas nuclear or ICBM programs

No Russian withdrawl from Ukraine

No new trade deals with anybody (Mexico won't sign without Canada)

Republicans call this progress because they believes lies. GOPerLords call this  progress because the gap between the 1% and the 99% has widened faster than any time in history.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

Well, let's hope that if hurricane Florence happens to make landfall in Our Country, the Government response will be swift. The Trump Administration, has had prior hurricanes to deal with during his first year in office. I just hope all the resources are delivered in a swift and Timely mammer.... Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump's Cult members do not want to discuss the truth about their leader and hero in the White House. They're terrified that his agenda to make "America White Again". will fall to the wayside without their idol.

Another copy&paste about cult, leader, hero, and idol. As an added bonus, the racism nonsense. Almost a total package - only Fox and Limbaugh left out.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

@Tom5678 wrote:
The media doesn't have to prove a thing about Trump. Everybody but the Trump cult already knows he IS unfit to be President, and he proves this hourly.

Thereby making my point about schoolyard chatter.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91:  repetition of the banal and disproved trope that Trump prefers dealing with autocrats like Vladimir Putin,

Really? When and how was this disproved? Everyone knows Trump has it bad for people like Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duterte, and any other tin pot dictator.

"Everyone knows" is not logic - it is schoolyard chatter.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

Well...Christian Whiton has credentials whether or not anyone agrees with his take on all this.

He has 'been there, done that'.  'That' was during Republican Administrations, but 'there' nevertheless.  We would do well to listen carefully to what he says and consider carefully the angst felt by the sector of the electorate that put 'the donald' in power the first time.  They are part of the potential electorate in November, 2018 and possibly 2020 and the way they will vote is predictable.  To successfully turn 'the donald' out of power, the opposition or resistance or whatever you choose to call it, must sucessfully marshal enough votes to counter that rock solid demographic.

Why listen?  Because Whiton is outlining the thinking [rational or not] that exists within the RRRR base and hence outlines the tactics that will be employed by those who knowingly exploit their underlying gullibility. 

The RRRR base are the people who will stand behind and with 'the donald' regardless of his behavior.  Each 'believes' 'the donald' is being victimized, treated unfairly and just fighting back against the 'elites' doing it.  Each identifies with 'the donald' because each thinks he/she has been treated unfairly in like fashion. For that reason, an attack of any kind on 'the donald' is an attack on each of them....lt's personal. Not rational.....but personal, nevertheless.

Neither the information and the rationale they use is not grounded in the whole truth.  It usually contains just enough to ring true to those seeking to reinforce a 'belief' [not a religious one necessarily].  Neither the information nor the rationale furnished to back it up needs to be even remotely related to the whole truth. And so, it isn't and it's not intended to be.  Like I said....just enough to ring true within a gullible mind.

The media that does include the whole truth of anything contrary to the 'belief' now becomes 'the enemy'. Surely you all can see why that would be.  

RRRR sympathizers and their 'users' combined appear to be between 30-40% of the voting public.  You will not 'argue' them out of their position....you can't.  It's a 'belief' to be defended whether it's true or not for some and an established agenda for the others.  You hear the echoes every time you hear the word 'elite' repeated as a pejorative.  A focal point to define the 'why' of why they feel bad.

Donald John Trump is unfit to be President for multiple reasons.  His mental stability is only one.  It happens to be the most immediate right now.  It is vital to every citizen's welfare, bar none, that the entire electorate place a curb on his ability to further destroy our institutions and our Nation. That opportunity comes in November.  You and I must recognize the best way is to remove enough of his disciples from office so that curb is possible.  Right now, it is not.  Doesn't matter much why, does it?  Discipline, good folk, discipline.  I wouldn't waste the time I have remaining IF I didn't think doing that was possible. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors