Views

Re: Why There Are Government Programs

Message 41 of 127

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Tell you what RK  you tell me  who is the biased press, I am sure that you know who they are after all you were the one that named them. 

Two topics, same phony question. Now, I believe you are playing a game.

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Tell you what RK  you tell me  who is the biased press, I am sure that you know who they are after all you were the one that named them. 

You bet dearie.  but I am trying to have you actually telling me who are the biased  media and you seem to either don't know the answer  or simply that stalling is how you think that people will believe what or anything that you have to say.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 127

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So we should not have any government programs? Remember that next time you turn the water on. Remember that next time you turn the lights on or drive on a road. Remember that next time you receive an SS check or a retirement check from the military or another government job. It goes on and on.

So who said that?

In your lame example - a retirement check is received as a result of it being part of an individual's compensation package with his employer - not his need.

Without "government programs" retired government workers wouldn't have had jobs and would have no retirement ......... both paid for by the taxpayers.

Have you seen anyone push for no government programs? I haven't so you point is pointless.

By the way .......... if you don't "need" your retirement, send the checks back.

Did you really not understand the difference between receiving based on "earned" rather than "need"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 127

@Roxanna35 wrote:

For a military man you  are now quite surprising. 

Not sure what exactly you are referring to, but perhaps you should remember several things, one of which it that those in the  military is still American Citizens and the difference it that they wear a uniform.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 127

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Yes, that retirement check is earned as part of a compensation package,  just as his was...probably through more difficult circumstances than his...and not as much.  Liberals here apparently have a problem with civil servants and military receiving compensation for their work.  Yet no doubt they don't have a problem with their union assisted high pay and benefits.

For a military man you  are now quite surprising. 

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Why There Are Government Programs

Message 45 of 127

This thread is absurd. Trump Lovers are arguing about the constitution, which has very little to do with government programs. They developed over time because there was a need private industry couldn't handle or it was done in a horrible manner by the private sector.

The irony is the Trump voters who talk about government programs couldn't function without them. Yet they try to imply that government programs somehow reflect a weakness on the part of those who benefit from them. Trump supporters are the pathetic ones pretending to somehow be superior to those who benefit from them. What a joke!

Trump minions utilized their flawed logic to turn this thread into irrelevant, illogical trash, just as they always do.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 127

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The ONLY item in the list that IS in the Constitution is "provide for the common defense" which necessitates the military so they should get the most benefits.

Correct!!!  And military pensions has been around since at least 1780 and beyond when veterans were entitled to grants of land in the west.  That should have qualifed as a pension of sorts.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 127

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That has nothing to do with government programs, but of rights of the people.

Not sure what your post is supposed to mean, but military pensions has been been around at least from Roman times in some form.  There is record of Roman soldiers retiring in the area around London.  In this country military pensions have been around since colonial days.

No one has said it is a constitutional right.

Many of the programs outlined in this thread is not enumerated in the Constitution but has been enacted into law along the way.

The ONLY item in the list that IS in the Constitution is "provide for the common defense" which necessitates the military so they should get the most benefits.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 127

@gruffstuff wrote:

That has nothing to do with government programs, but of rights of the people.

Not sure what your post is supposed to mean, but military pensions has been been around at least from Roman times in some form.  There is record of Roman soldiers retiring in the area around London.  In this country military pensions have been around since colonial days.

No one has said it is a constitutional right.

Many of the programs outlined in this thread is not enumerated in the Constitution but has been enacted into law along the way.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 127

@gruffstuff wrote:

I'm just a plumber, but where would I find work if there were no water and sewer, if there were no electricity to pump water, if there were no phones or Internet to order materials, why would factories exist to manufacture the materials for plumbing, why would stores exist to sell those supplies.

The word 'plumber' comes from the latin word for lead which is plumbum.  Therefore it meant those who worked with lead which was used on roofs and drain pipes.    But if there was no water or sewage systems there would be no need for plumbers.  You would have had to find another occupation if this was so.  The need came first before the occupation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 127

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

You bet dearie.  but I am trying to have you actually telling me who are the biased  media and you seem to either don't know the answer  or simply that stalling is how you think that people will believe what or anything that you have to say.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors