Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why The Left Will Never Apologize For Brutalizing Brett Kavanaugh And His Family

Message 1 of 140

@Richva wrote:

Any update on when Trump plans to apologise to Dr. Ford for mocking her at the rally? 

He repeated her words. If they were mocking, she mocked herself.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why The Left Will Never Apologize For Brutalizing Brett Kavanaugh And His Family

Message 2 of 140

Any update on when Trump plans to apologise to Dr. Ford for mocking her at the rally? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 140

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Calling a fellow poster "an idiot" hardly seems appropriate.

Now, Comey said (in effect) "Yes, she did violate security rules but he couldn't prove she intended to". We are talking about the Sect. State who should know the rules. So, when she violates those rules - how does the "stupid defense" apply?

BTW we are talking about "mens rea" not "mena rea" as in the last sentence.

"IN EFFECT"??? God save me from Republicans who think I am too stupid to read the actual words someone said and understand the meaning without their translations. 

Maybe you'd better ask God's help in understanding that those comments were not addressed to you. Hence, no one thinks you are stupid - that comment is used by another poster (inappropriately I might add).

Now, back to Comey - is that not the meaning of what he said and you are certainly smart enough to read?

Oh, you are saying the OTHER POSTER was too stupid to understand the words so you had to translate for THEM.  I understand now........... What was that part about 5,000 lies and mis-directions? 

No.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, Comey said (in effect) "Yes, she did violate security rules but he couldn't prove she intended to". We are talking about the Sect. State who should know the rules. So, when she violates those rules - how does the "stupid defense" apply?

"IN EFFECT"??? God save me from Republicans who think I am too stupid to read the actual words someone said and understand the meaning without their translations. 

Maybe you'd better ask God's help in understanding that those comments were not addressed to you. Hence, no one thinks you are stupid - that comment is used by another poster (inappropriately I might add).

Now, back to Comey - is that not the meaning of what he said and you are certainly smart enough to read?

Oh, you are saying the OTHER POSTER was too stupid to understand the words so you had to translate for THEM.  I understand now........... What was that part about 5,000 lies and mis-directions? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 140

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 140

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Don't try to complicate things via inaccuracy. Hillary used a private server. The others used a private email address.

Based on your last statement - which Bush people used a private server and wiped it clean??

About Bush's emails:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/g-w-bush-lost-22-million-e-mails/

The Bush people used the RNC server (as did the Hillary campaign - DNC) however, the Hillary emails under discussion were not on the DNC server - they were on a server totally under her control. Second, the Bush emails were not under subpoena.

As to the topic:    Kavanaugh was not "brutalized", but Ford was, because Kavanaugh was given a free pass when trump restricted the FBI from conducting a proper investigation by ordering who they could interview.

She made unverifiable claims. Asking her to verify such claims used to try to block a SCOTUS confirmation is to be expected. The attacks on Kavanaugh were not.

As to who the FBI interviewed - how many do you think there were? And, she named four people who could verify here claims and they have no idea what she is talking about. What would you have the FBI do??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 140

@PatriciaP164294 wrote:

"mens rea - that has been explored. It's called the "She is too stupid to know" defense. She was Secretary of State - how stupid could she possibly be about the handling of official material??"

Whoever wrote this is an idiot. Here is the meaning of mens rea that we learned in law school:

Mens Rea refers to criminal intent. The literal translation from Latin is "guilty mind." The plural of mens rea is mentes reae. A mens rea​ refers to the state of mind statutorily required in order to convict a particular defendant of a particular crime. S Establishing the mens rea of an offender is usually necessary to prove guilt in a criminal trial. The prosecution typically must prove beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the offense with a culpable state of mind

It has zero to do with being too stupid or anything to do with "knowing" what it means is criminal intent was not there. There were 7 e-mails out of hundreds of thousands of e-mails. mena rea just isn't there. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 140

@rk9152 wrote:

Don't try to complicate things via inaccuracy. Hillary used a private server. The others used a private email address.

Based on your last statement - which Bush people used a private server and wiped it clean??

About Bush's emails:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/g-w-bush-lost-22-million-e-mails/

As to the topic:    Kavanaugh was not "brutalized", but Ford was, because Kavanaugh was given a free pass when trump restricted the FBI from conducting a proper investigation by ordering who they could interview.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 140

How do I know. because it's obvious.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors