Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Why Kill More People By Not Wearing Masks ?

Message 11 of 23

@mimi0000 wrote:

A stagehand.... tell us more

I worked for Live Nation at an outdoor concert venue in northern VA.  We worked with the roadies loading in and loading out the artists.  I finally gave it up a couple of years ago when I turned 65.  I loved it, but I was finally over the hard, hot work and loooong hours and I felt I had seen it, done it.

Just as well, because no stagehands or roadies or crew are working this year.  No telling when concerts will be safe again.  My old venue has not even been opened for the season yet and probably won't be, and most tours have cancelled or postponed/TBA.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

NOT wearing a mask has become a Sacrament for the Toad Worshipers.

I think you are wrong on this.  I wear a N95 mask every time I'm in a closed environment which is all stores and most eat in restaurants when I pick up food to eat at home.  When the gym reopens, I'll wear one there.  The only place I'm mask free is home, in the car, and walking on the street.  Most that support Trump follow these guidelines or stricter guidelines!

Yet Trump refuses to wear a mask and mocks those who do wear a mask.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 23

NOT wearing a mask has become a Sacrament for the Toad Worshipers.

I think you are wrong on this.  I wear a N95 mask every time I'm in a closed environment which is all stores and most eat in restaurants when I pick up food to eat at home.  When the gym reopens, I'll wear one there.  The only place I'm mask free is home, in the car, and walking on the street.  Most that support Trump follow these guidelines or stricter guidelines!

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 14 of 23

A stagehand.... tell us more

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 23

Well evidently, to rational and decent people at least, other human beings dying is not worth them not wearing a mask.

What about those refusing to wear them, what say you?

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 23

@ManicProgressive

Thank god I'm married to a real man who isn't afraid to wear a mask.

I am married to a Marine and I thought oh no this ain't happening.

I made a few masks before I bought him one and low and behold he wore it. I was so proud of him. I made his out of jean material and put 1 layer in between it and the back. It is also washable.

As far as I am concerned The Donald is the weak one, and I think it would be a good idea to cover that face anyway.               IMO

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 23

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Thank god I'm married to a real man who isn't afraid to wear a mask.  My kids were no issue; I've gotten Ravens masks, Hamilton masks, Maryland flag masks, even a Hello Kitty mask.   I keep them washed and and ready to go, by the door in a basket with hand sanitizer.   They transitioned easily to this new world (other than getting sent home from college, which was not pleasant, lol).   But as is the American way, the mask industry has taken off and it's becoming an odd but real fashion statement.  Making lemonade out of lemons....

Making lemonade out of lemons is the best way of putting it.  Masks are becoming a new fashion statement.  Just Google or Bing it and you'll find plenty of creative cool masks.

Being a hiker and former stagehand, I have plenty of do-rags, bandannas, and buffs and can whip up a face covering to match my outfit or sport a seasonal flair or holiday theme.  On those occasions when I am out in public, I strut around with confidence knowing that I am fashionably color-coordinated. 😊

(And yes, @ManicProgressive , I even have a Redskins mask. 😉)

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 23

NOT wearing a mask has become a Sacrament for the Toad Worshipers. tRump does not wear one in public, but tRump is ToadPOTUS and he and everyone around him gets tested daily for the first signs of infection, and when a couple staffers turned up POSITIVE, the gutless draft-dodger went ballistic into a fopsweat and ordered that EVERYONE around him would wear a mask. Then reporters kept asking him why, if HIS staff is wearing masks, he won't endorse it for EVERYONE? So, realizing his teenyweenie ego was at stake, he banished mask wearing in the West Wing. May they carry  his "special gift" to all attending their convention.

tRump refuses to wear a mask in public because he's decided to make doing so a campaign issue. Toad Worshipers do so to show support, and will die in droves, but Cadet Bonespurs does not care, and, apparently, neither do the WalkingDead who support him.

For those Fundie/CryptoXians who think God will protect you, that's why he gave you a BRAIN and a sense of decency. Ignore those gifts at your peril - not even His Son thought tempting God was a good idea, and he called his followers to CURE sickness, not spread it.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 23

I commend everyone that chooses to be a rational adult and wear a mask.

Now, will someone who refuses to wear a mask answer this question:  Is it worth people dying for you to not wear a mask?

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 23

I so wish someone could honestly answer this question. I live in a "senior" community and I see less than 50% wearing masks in hallways/elevators/office! The entire staff is wearing them; some of us wear them going to dumpster area, in the elevators, but not enough, imho.

As part of a purported "most vulnerable" population (elderly), I'm not sure why they don't; even if I were still in my 20s, I'd wear one; I'd hate to expose anyone and be responsible for their exposure, and that is what wearing a mask helps prevent. It's not about protecting oneself but protecting others, just in case...

😷

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors