Bronze Conversationalist

Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”
  • Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership
  • Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.
  • Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.
  • Comes crossed as very measured. It did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional.

Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster!

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump's response was so great they made a short film in his honor. Enjoy.:)

Honored Social Butterfly

I also give him a solid A, A for ABYSMAL. Fore!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

• Trump and the Republicans refused to fund replenishing the stockpiles of masks, gowns, and medical equipment. 
  • Trump continued to claim it was going to go away "like a miracle" and did not read (can he read?) the intelligence reports about the virus.
  • Trump named 3 people to head the response and each at different times so there was no clear leadership. 
  • The current person leading the response is a failed real estate developer
  • The Trump administration has the highest turnover of any administration and currently has 45 acting department heads. 
Honored Social Butterfly

Giving Trump an "A" for anything suggests an extremely low threshold (bar on the ground) for success!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45:  The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters.

Come again? The job of the media is to report the news, not slant it to please the Trump Peanut Gallery, anyway, Fox News already has that taken care of.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

Moscow45:  The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters.

Come again? The job of the media is to report the news, not slant it to please the Trump Peanut Gallery, anyway, Fox News already has that taken care of.

Check this gem out:

IMPOTUStweet-040920.png

Mind you, the WSJ is probably one of the most non-biased, non-partisan news sources out there, but because they didn't mention the ratings to Donnie's daily 💩 show, they are "Fake News".  I guess he had nothing better to tweet about today than beating out The Bachelor.  Incredibly myopic.

Gee, talk about a train wreck. 🤦‍♀️

Grade:  F

Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”
  • Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership
  • Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.
  • Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.
  • Comes crossed as very measured. It did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional.

The epitome of "ALTERNATIVE FACTS" ...... and "FAKE "NEWS!!!

Thrump's enormous incompetence, clearly demonstrated  by his complete failure to act on this pandemic in a timely manner by ludicrously calling  it a "hoax" and sending 18 tons of PPE and ventilators to China, has and will continue to lead to the deaths of thousands of Amerians!!!

As such, Trump not only deserves an "F" for colossal "FAILURE", he should be removed from office for inability to perfom his responsibilites as POTUS!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Here are some other staples of Cult Behavior.

• Members are always in denial

This is evident with Trump because in 5 years on the political scene, you will never see any posts from his members which criticizes Trump, or disagree with him {As in Never]. And they have the nerve to deny it's a cult?

• Anyone who criticizes or investigates the cult leader automatically becomes an enemy

James Comey, Robert Mueller (FBI Directors), who in a normal, healthy environment, would be people of distinction.

Pelosi, Schiff, Bolton, Joe Walsh, Tillerson, the IG, etc.

Honored Social Butterfly

Always keep im mind the tenets of cult behavior. The Supreme Leader is always right, he/she never makes mistakes, and one of the main jobs of all cult members is to repeatedly praise their leader.  

Anyone who criticizes the Supreme Leader (like the free press) automatically becomes an enemy of the cult.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Always keep im mind the tenets of cult behavior. The Supreme Leader is always right, he/she never makes mistakes, and one of the main jobs of all cult members is to repeatedly praise their leader.  

Anyone who criticizes the Supreme Leader (like the free press) automatically becomes an enemy of the cult.

I pray for your health...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I pray for your health...

Judging by Critical's postings good health is more than evident, especially mental health.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Why Trump gets an A:

I agree!

And I pray for the folks that are so afflicted with TDS they no longer have the ability to think clearly.  Everything is the devil to them and the world is about to end.  Even though reality proves them wrong everyday.

Enjoy your day everybody.  Stay healthy and remember, your state of mind plays a very large part of being healthy.

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Why Trump gets an A:

I agree!

And I pray for the folks that are so afflicted with TDS

Not "afflicted with TDS", rather "aware of  TDS"..... Trump's Deranged Symptoms

they no longer have the ability to think clearly.

Not true as folks who recognize Trump's Deranged Symptoms are able to think clearly ..... and unlike Trump supporters .... they think for themselves instead of relying on a cult mentality telling them what to think!

Everything is the devil to them

No .... only Trump!

and the world is about to end.  Even though reality proves them wrong everyday.

Actually, the unfortunate "reality of the incompetent Trump presidency" proves them right everyday!

Enjoy your day everybody.  Stay healthy and remember, your state of mind plays a very large part of being healthy.

The "state of mind" of ALL intelligent and informed Americans is affected by the incompetency that defines the Trump unconstitutional presidency!

Honored Social Butterfly

Why I give Trump a solid "F" grade on his coronavirus response

Trump lied and Americans died.

Travel bans?

Most of the cases in New York and New Jersey came from Europe, that's why it's so bad there.

Trump didn't impose a travel ban to Europe until March 12th.

That's less then a month ago.

All Trump had to do was not lie, all Trump had to do is tell the world, including Americans what US intelligence told him in briefings in January.

Trump didn't do that, instead Trump down played how bad things were, Trump didn't respond, Trump didn't use pandemic response plans the DOD had in place, Trump disregarded and disassembled pandemic response plans and personnel basically because he's petty and hates anything Obama put in place.

It's like 9/11 all over, except this time it's not Dick Cheney lying Americans into war, it's Trump lying  to down play  a pandemic to try to win an election, for his own personal gain. More Americans have already died then they did on 9/11,  more Americans will die before this is all done then in all the wars since WWII combined.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuff wrote:

Why I give Trump a solid "F" grade on his coronavirus response

Trump lied and Americans died.

Travel bans?

Most of the cases in New York and New Jersey came from Europe, that's why it's so bad there.

Trump didn't impose a travel ban to Europe until March 12th.

That's less then a month ago.

All Trump had to do was not lie, all Trump had to do is tell the world, including Americans what US intelligence told him in briefings in January.

Trump didn't do that, instead Trump down played how bad things were, Trump didn't respond, Trump didn't use pandemic response plans the DOD had in place, Trump disregarded and disassembled pandemic response plans and personnel basically because he's petty and hates anything Obama put in place.

It's like 9/11 all over, except this time it's not Dick Cheney lying Americans into war, it's Trump lying  to down play  a pandemic to try to win an election, for his own personal gain. More Americans have already died then they did on 9/11,  more Americans will die before this is all done then in all the wars since WWII combined.

Correct as usual Gruffstuff. Even the White House has admitted knowing of this virus in early January, now news is breaking that military intelligence warned the White House in late November. tRump's early denial and inaction has came with the cost of American lives, hundreds or thousands of lives.

Only in the mind of a cult like trump supporter would this deserve an "A grade".

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”BALONEY! tRump is holding pep rallies, not briefings - all he does is brag about things he's not done
  • Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership Total BS over 400,000 people came to the US directly from China AFTER his fake ban, and 4,000 of them came straight from Wuhan. He banned CHINESE people because he's racist as are those who cheer him.
  • Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.More B - He KNEW about the virus from our intelligence services IN DECEMBER! He did NOTHING for 63 days and then lied he'd ban flights but never did.
  • Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.tRump ordered his minions to block legislation that had oversight on what he did with the money and now has simply ignored the oversight and is using the $2.2Trillion AS A CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTION TO FURTHER HIS REELECTION
  • Comes crossed as very measured. It did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional.He rants and raves, insulting any reporter who asks a real question instead of praising him like Fox and H8Radio

Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster! His refusal to do anything for over TWO MONTHS allowed the virus to spread unchecked and if he'd acted rationally when he first learned of what the virus was, like Taiwan and Germany did, we'd not be shutting down the country and dying like flies. He's using the NATIONAL stockpile of medical equipment to reward those who praise him and punish those who don't AND he will continue to send the supplies to "swing states" instead of where its needed. His denial of the problem led many of his lofo followers to become infected and they in turn infected their families and the genereal public causing the epicemic to grow like wildfire in America. His demand that the States bid against one another is enriching Big Pharma who sells to thie highest bidder and maximum profits for the Corporate Overlords and minimum benefit to the American peoplee.

Honored Social Butterfly

Dessert in the swamp, a sweet love letter.  ewwwww

Oh, I get it.  You're just trying to be funny. 😂  Send in the clown! 🤡  

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch posted..

Oh, I get it. You're just trying to be funny. 😂 Send in the clown! 🤡

============================================================

It's not nice to TRY to make fun of a poster that posts the truth.

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Oh, I get it. You're just trying to be funny. 😂 Send in the clown! 🤡

============================================================

It's not nice to TRY to make fun of a poster that posts the truth.

No, you misunderstand, I thought the poster was trying to be funny.

Send in the joker?Send in the joker?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png