Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
107
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

107 Views
Message 1 of 35

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - yet another invalid right wing attempt to evade...

 

Consistent....


Persistent...


 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
107
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
117
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

117 Views
Message 2 of 35

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - yet another invalid right wing attempt to evade...

 

Consistent....


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
117
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
122
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

122 Views
Message 3 of 35

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool......interesting....most people know racists on all sides of the political/ideological divide, though it appears one side is ultra-defensive about the term.  In fact, when the implicit bias test was posted here, quite a few posters who identify themselves as Liberals admitted they were defined by the test as slightly racist.  No defensiveness.....just an understanding of the facts and self-awareness. What does that mean - LOL.......it's pretty clear and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ------->  that it is O.K. to use a person's skin color as a political tool?  Well, many Conservatives thought it was OK when Bush Sr. used race against Dukakis (Willie Horton) and Bush Jr. against John McCain and his supposed illegitimate daughter.  Reps/Cons have always used race as a political tool and Limblah or Hannity or those posting here never whined. Well, that (Horton) was a criminal issue, not a skin color issue. McCain - "illigimate" is not a race or skin color.

 

...... seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.  Great!  Let's call it "trumpy" because it certainly isn't racism. No such word, try again.  Why?  You said use another term, so I did.  You never said use a "word".  LMAO. A real term - or just giggle.



 


Yep - yet another invalid right wing attempt to evade...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
122
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
126
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

126 Views
Message 4 of 35

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool......interesting....most people know racists on all sides of the political/ideological divide, though it appears one side is ultra-defensive about the term.  In fact, when the implicit bias test was posted here, quite a few posters who identify themselves as Liberals admitted they were defined by the test as slightly racist.  No defensiveness.....just an understanding of the facts and self-awareness. What does that mean - LOL.......it's pretty clear and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ------->  that it is O.K. to use a person's skin color as a political tool?  Well, many Conservatives thought it was OK when Bush Sr. used race against Dukakis (Willie Horton) and Bush Jr. against John McCain and his supposed illegitimate daughter.  Reps/Cons have always used race as a political tool and Limblah or Hannity or those posting here never whined. Well, that (Horton) was a criminal issue, not a skin color issue. McCain - "illigimate" is not a race or skin color.

 

...... seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.  Great!  Let's call it "trumpy" because it certainly isn't racism. No such word, try again.  Why?  You said use another term, so I did.  You never said use a "word".  LMAO. A real term - or just giggle.



 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
126
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
144
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

144 Views
Message 5 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool......interesting....most people know racists on all sides of the political/ideological divide, though it appears one side is ultra-defensive about the term.  In fact, when the implicit bias test was posted here, quite a few posters who identify themselves as Liberals admitted they were defined by the test as slightly racist.  No defensiveness.....just an understanding of the facts and self-awareness. What does that mean - LOL.......it's pretty clear and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ------->  that it is O.K. to use a person's skin color as a political tool?  Well, many Conservatives thought it was OK when Bush Sr. used race against Dukakis (Willie Horton) and Bush Jr. against John McCain and his supposed illegitimate daughter.  Reps/Cons have always used race as a political tool and Limblah or Hannity or those posting here never whined.

 

...... seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.  Great!  Let's call it "trumpy" because it certainly isn't racism. No such word, try again.  Why?  You said use another term, so I did.  You never said use a "word".  LMAO.



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
144
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
158
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

158 Views
Message 6 of 35

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Do you have a favorite color to suggest?

 

Why is it necessary to mention ANY color?  Only a racist would see the need.  Let's keep in mind, some claim Conservatives don't see color.....



A good point. Even bringing it up (as in this topic) is indicative of racism.


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool......interesting....most people know racists on all sides of the political/ideological divide, though it appears one side is ultra-defensive about the term.  In fact, when the implicit bias test was posted here, quite a few posters who identify themselves as Liberals admitted they were defined by the test as slightly racist.  No defensiveness.....just an understanding of the facts and self-awareness. What does that mean - that it is O.K. to use a person's skin color as a political tool?

 

...... seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.  Great!  Let's call it "trumpy" because it certainly isn't racism. No such word, try again.



 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
158
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
177
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

177 Views
Message 7 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Do you have a favorite color to suggest?

 

Why is it necessary to mention ANY color?  Only a racist would see the need.  Let's keep in mind, some claim Conservatives don't see color.....



A good point. Even bringing it up (as in this topic) is indicative of racism.


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool......interesting....most people know racists on all sides of the political/ideological divide, though it appears one side is ultra-defensive about the term.  In fact, when the implicit bias test was posted here, quite a few posters who identify themselves as Liberals admitted they were defined by the test as slightly racist.  No defensiveness.....just an understanding of the facts and self-awareness.

 

...... seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.  Great!  Let's call it "trumpy" because it certainly isn't racism.



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
177
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
191
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

191 Views
Message 8 of 35

@Olderscout66 wrote:

What I find most interesting in the bigots' claim of having "black friends" is:

1) They never INTRODUCE you to said friend

2) You never SEE the bigot with his/her black friend

3) The bigot is totally ignorant of the realities of being black in America.


That's because the "they" you are talking about is always a liberal!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
191
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
203
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

203 Views
Message 9 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Do you have a favorite color to suggest?

 

Why is it necessary to mention ANY color?  Only a racist would see the need.  Let's keep in mind, some claim Conservatives don't see color.....



A good point. Even bringing it up (as in this topic) is indicative of racism.


And you can post a legitimate definition from a reputable source that supports such a thing?


And you think that deserves two posts?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
203
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
209
Views

Re: Why Every Racist Mentions Their Black Friend

209 Views
Message 10 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Do you have a favorite color to suggest?

 

Why is it necessary to mention ANY color?  Only a racist would see the need.  Let's keep in mind, some claim Conservatives don't see color.....



A good point. Even bringing it up (as in this topic) is indicative of racism.


I'm sure you can show a legitimate definition of racism that supports that?


Using the color of person's skin as a partisan or ideological tool seems to be racism since it separates that person and places them apart. If you'd prefer to assign another term to that, feel free.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
209
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors