On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Do African-Americans Overwhelmingly Vote Democratic?

Message 41 of 49

@jimc91 wrote:

I am very interested in hearing from some of our liberals on this board but so far they are ignoring this question.

@Centristsin2010 @MIseker @ChasKy53 @nctarheel @Richva @Olderscout66

Here's your liberal and it is a very simple answer.

The Republican Party has been historically seen as the Party of the rich and privileged while the Democratic Party was seen as being "of the people".

But, in this particular election, Donald Trump, THE PORCINE PRESIDENT, clearly defined himself as a racist, early on. When, in an attempt to get media attention, told a mostly WHITE audience that BLACK schools are no good, BLACKS are living in poverty, and BLACKS have no jobs; he literally sewed up the BLACK vote going DEMOCRATIC  for years to come.

To state that BLACK PEOPLE are a monolithic group of poor, undereducated, unemployed people was and is a RACIST'S philosophy to which DONALD TRUMP still subscribes.

P.S. And he is a REPUBLICAN!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 49
To me it's simple and has nothing to do with race... it has everything to do with culture. I'm knowledgeable enough about poor white folks because I know a lot of them. Most poor whites just wanna be left alone and are content to have just enough by their own endeavors. Only independent people can chose to be dependent. White poor people are fiercely independent and couldn't give a hoot about most politics.

The culture of dependency is a form of economic addiction in much the same way as drug addiction. Democrats apparently are the political dollar "dealers" and have addicted the inner city poor people to their form of economic dependency. Keep 'em poor and keep 'em dependent.

"Liberals are totalitarians screaming to get out"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Why Do African-Americans Overwhelmingly Vote Democratic?

Message 43 of 49

I'm an Independent and always have been. I don't like either party, but each one has attributes which offer some appeal. For example, I'm a fiscal conservative, I have no sympathy for criminals, I'm a big time advcocate of the death penalty (when applied properly), I believe in a powerful military, and I don 't agree with raising taxes to conduct social policy. One would think I'd vote Republican, but hold on. 

Moderate, reasonable, rational Republicans like Jeb Bush, John Kasich, and John Huntsman will never get the nomination. Instead we get the ultimate imbecile, Donald "It's All About Me" Trump. His biggest competition came from another loser, radical Ted Cruz. Nobody in their right mind could vote for either one of them.

There are many other reasons such as ignorance and their ignoring science, but I'll hold them for another time. As for black people, they aren't going to vote for a party when their President hires multiple White Nationalists to work in the White House and is celebrated by Nazis and the KKK. That's destroyed any chance of conservative black people switching to the GOP.

I could go on, but that's enough for now. It goes much deeper than one's parents telling them to vote Democratic.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 49

I am very interested in hearing from some of our liberals on this board but so far they are ignoring this question.

@Centristsin2010 @MIseker @ChasKy53 @nctarheel @Richva @Olderscout66

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 49

@jimc91 wrote:

I hope you will talk them over with your family and your neighbors:

1. Why can’t your children choose better schools right now? Today? Can you think of a reason that would justify keeping a kid trapped in a school that’s failing?
  2. Don’t you deserve the same right as everybody else to choose a better school for your children? Hillary Clinton got to choose a good school for her daughter. Don’t you deserve that same right?
  3. Why are Democrats in the Department of Education imposing policies that threaten the existence of HBCUs, while the Ivy League got $30 billion over four years from the government?
  4. And why are Democrats waging an ideological crusade to close down trade schools, destroying the dreams of thousands of African Americans who want to learn practical skills in order to get a job?
  5. Why don’t rich Democrats make good education for African Americans a priority? I ask because, believe me, what rich Democrats want, they get. And they have shown that they don’t care enough about the education of African-American children to get it.

Think about this: Rich Democrats are totally obsessed with global warming. We know that. And look what rich Democrats got as a result: an administration that says global warming is the No. 1 priority of the United States and the No. 1 threat to our national security. Our government now spends more than $20 billion a year on global warming programs (pdf).

You might think that the threat of nuclear war or terrorism or even the troubles of black America would be more important national priorities. But that’s not what rich Democrats are interested in. That’s not where the money is.

So today, rich Democrats get a $7,500 tax break when they buy a Tesla, a $100,000 luxury electric car. But a poor black child can’t get a $7,500 credit to go to a better school.

A second example: Rich Democrats want open borders. And what they got was a Democrat administration that delivered just that by deliberately failing to enforce our immigration laws. And now we have a Democrat candidate for president who “dreams” of open borders and the unlimited immigration that would come with it.

You might think that preventing the incomes of African Americans from plunging lower as a result of open borders would be a more important priority for Democrats. But that’s not what rich Democrats are interested in. That’s not where the money is.

A final example: Bill and Hillary Clinton. Since leaving the White House “dead broke” in 2001, they have made more than $230 million. Instead of supporting school choice, stopping the Democrat assault on trade schools or urging Democrats to strengthen HBCUs, the Clintons took nearly $18 million for Bill Clinton’s serving as an honorary chancellor of a trade school. That’s where the money was for them in education, not in African-American priorities.

The very sad truth for African Americans and our hope for a better future is that rich Democrats haven’t made better schools for African Americans a priority. So we haven’t gotten them.

http://www.theroot.com/ben-carson-donald-trump-s-new-deal-for-black-america-b-1790857583

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

White Liberals are the most racist...  They are very easy to spot.

Most liberals I know are really racist to the point of not even thinking about going to a foreign doctor, heaven forbid and forget about them living in a black neighborhood.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 49

@NerdyMom wrote:

That first article makes no point at all.  It just raises a bunch of questions, and doesn't even try to answer them. 

There are many conservative black people.   Most black people my parents' age were Republicans.   The Republican party left them, pushed them out.   What has it done lately to try to welcome them back?   Ask questions like, "hm, I wonder if there's a corelation between black men supporting Obama and black men being in prison."    lol.   Good luck with that. 

Same with Muslims.   A huge portion American Muslims are conservative. Wealthy.  Business owners.   Doctors.  They'd find a natural home in the Republican party, if Republicans didn't hate them so much.    

And latinos.

And so on. 

And still the question stands as to the voting pattern of blacks.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 49

That first article makes no point at all.  It just raises a bunch of questions, and doesn't even try to answer them. 

There are many conservative black people.   Most black people my parents' age were Republicans.   The Republican party left them, pushed them out.   What has it done lately to try to welcome them back?   Ask questions like, "hm, I wonder if there's a corelation between black men supporting Obama and black men being in prison."    lol.   Good luck with that. 

Same with Muslims.   A huge portion American Muslims are conservative. Wealthy.  Business owners.   Doctors.  They'd find a natural home in the Republican party, if Republicans didn't hate them so much.    

And latinos.

And so on. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 49

I hope you will talk them over with your family and your neighbors:

1. Why can’t your children choose better schools right now? Today? Can you think of a reason that would justify keeping a kid trapped in a school that’s failing?
  2. Don’t you deserve the same right as everybody else to choose a better school for your children? Hillary Clinton got to choose a good school for her daughter. Don’t you deserve that same right?
  3. Why are Democrats in the Department of Education imposing policies that threaten the existence of HBCUs, while the Ivy League got $30 billion over four years from the government?
  4. And why are Democrats waging an ideological crusade to close down trade schools, destroying the dreams of thousands of African Americans who want to learn practical skills in order to get a job?
  5. Why don’t rich Democrats make good education for African Americans a priority? I ask because, believe me, what rich Democrats want, they get. And they have shown that they don’t care enough about the education of African-American children to get it.

Think about this: Rich Democrats are totally obsessed with global warming. We know that. And look what rich Democrats got as a result: an administration that says global warming is the No. 1 priority of the United States and the No. 1 threat to our national security. Our government now spends more than $20 billion a year on global warming programs (pdf).

You might think that the threat of nuclear war or terrorism or even the troubles of black America would be more important national priorities. But that’s not what rich Democrats are interested in. That’s not where the money is.

So today, rich Democrats get a $7,500 tax break when they buy a Tesla, a $100,000 luxury electric car. But a poor black child can’t get a $7,500 credit to go to a better school.

A second example: Rich Democrats want open borders. And what they got was a Democrat administration that delivered just that by deliberately failing to enforce our immigration laws. And now we have a Democrat candidate for president who “dreams” of open borders and the unlimited immigration that would come with it.

You might think that preventing the incomes of African Americans from plunging lower as a result of open borders would be a more important priority for Democrats. But that’s not what rich Democrats are interested in. That’s not where the money is.

A final example: Bill and Hillary Clinton. Since leaving the White House “dead broke” in 2001, they have made more than $230 million. Instead of supporting school choice, stopping the Democrat assault on trade schools or urging Democrats to strengthen HBCUs, the Clintons took nearly $18 million for Bill Clinton’s serving as an honorary chancellor of a trade school. That’s where the money was for them in education, not in African-American priorities.

The very sad truth for African Americans and our hope for a better future is that rich Democrats haven’t made better schools for African Americans a priority. So we haven’t gotten them.

http://www.theroot.com/ben-carson-donald-trump-s-new-deal-for-black-america-b-1790857583

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

White Liberals are the most racist...  They are very easy to spot.

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 49 of 49

I just scored a Hat-Trick: “Why do Poor People seem to Lean more Democrat? Is the Party Pandering to them?” and “Why do Poor Americans Vote for Conservative Candidates, while in other Countries Poor People are Inclined to Vote for Liberals?” and now, “Why do African-Americans Overwhelmingly vote Democratic?”

African-Americans are loyal to their political party, that can’t be denied but that is only half the story. Black men were more likely to support a black presidential candidate such as Obama. Do you think there is a correlation between this and the black prison population? Black women were more influenced by policy positions and socioeconomic conditions.

In the 2008 election, 95 percent of the black vote went to Obama and in 2012 it was 93 percent. That is unusual considering that 47 percent of blacks identify as liberal and 45 percent as conservative, but 93 percent voted for the reelection of Barack Obama.

No Democratic presidential nominee has received less than 82 percent of the black vote since Kennedy’s 68 percent in 1960. And in the past 80 years, no Republican presidential nominee has done better than Eisenhower’s 39 percent in his 1956 reelection bid.

Black men were more likely to support a black presidential candidate such as Obama. Do you think there is a correlation between this and the black prison population?

Why is there such a huge turnout for voting when it comes to African-Americans? Some say it was due to the fact that Barry Goldwater’s vote against the Civil Rights Act in 1964, but that is only half the story.

In the mid-1930s, blacks voted increasingly for Democrats — even though their party identification didn’t change — and the Democratic Party’s progressive economic and civil rights policies. FDR’s New Deal programs to blacks and the desegregation of the military in the late 1940s was the beginning of the bond between the Democratic party and African-Americans.

“When we ‘leave the political plantation,’ as it were, and deviate to the other side, they send the attack dogs after you.”

There are some who think that the Democratic party is taking the African-American voters [and votes] for granted. Kira Innis says not so fast,

“When I look at it from a racial perspective, I can’t help but feel that the left not only takes the brown vote for granted,” she said. “When we ‘leave the political plantation,’ as it were, and deviate to the other side, they send the attack dogs after you.”

Brian Bledsoe, a long time Democratic voter says “I was voting Democrat because my parents said, ‘Just go and vote.’” He like Innis realized one day that the Republican Party and conservatism was what they were looking for in a political party.”These things line up with my values and that’s when the light went off.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-baxley/african-americans-democratic_b_12680256.html

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies