From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Are Soaring

Message 1 of 7

I try to shop at small independent stores. And we have several small sports stores around here. But I needed to buy lacrosse equipment for my son right around the time Dicks announced their ban on selling certain weapons. Not that they sell any weapons in my state, anyway. But I did buy his lacrosse stuff there. I know a lot of people who did similar things.  Only anecdotal, I know. But it’s nice to see their sales go up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

I only used Sports Authority to refill 30 oz. carbon dioxide tanks so I could make my own diet root beer. My tanks were the same kind used in paint ball guns.  Sports Authority was a lot cheaper than Dick's and it was much closer to my house.  As I recall, refills were about $6 at Sports Authority and $30 from the company that made my soda carbonator.  Now, Dick's is too far away and expensive for me to bother so I no longer make my own soda.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Irregardless of a competitor going out of business, couldn’t it be just as simple as consumers saying that they support Dick’s for taking a common sense approach to an issue and now they will show support by making purchases there?

frosty sense

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@aruzinsky wrote:

Dick's competitor, The Sports Authority, went out of business on July 28, 2016.

Sports Authority was a Bain/Romney cluster bleep that was doomed to fail because of the way Bain/Romney use legalized theft...

Had one locally, but didn't enter the building due to it's being a Bain/Romney abomination until the last month sale when things sold for as little as 20% of what they sold for elsewhere.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Dick's competitor, The Sports Authority, went out of business on July 28, 2016.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

RWer's and NRA somehow forgot that many Americans love the outdoors and will gladly spend their cash to support Dick's Sporting Goods because of their  gun policy.       

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Are Soaring

Message 7 of 7

Dick Sporting Good's soaring sales prove it can succeed without assault rifles 

After inquiring of local FFL licensees, local retailers, and reasonably close local outlets of national chains, I now use Dick's for most everything and am more than willing to deal with shipping times and shipping costs.

Even a single life has always been infinitely more important than anyone's bottom line.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors