Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Climatology is Junk Science

Message 51 of 82

@MsStretch wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Climate change has become a religion practiced by the left that seems only interested in redistributing the wealth of the westernized countries.  Look at the environment in the US today and outside of some very unique areas we have clean air and water.  I quit wasting my time with the folks that refuse to actually look at the techniques the "Paid for" so called scientist base their reporting on.

Oh my god! The bad, bad "left" are at their shenanigans again and now they've got every other country on this planet practicing the same "religion".  The horror of it all!

Puh-leeze.

You’re right about every other country. They want their sugar daddy-uncle Sam to redistribute his wealth into their grimy hands.

Now many scientists believe climate change is what killed a lot of the dinosaurs. Also, the Sahara desert, 5500 years ago was a rain forest. Did Exxon mobile cause that drastic change?

Certainly, we should do everything in our power to conserve resources, recycle whenever and wherever we can  The notion however, that the world is going to end in 12 years is pure idiocy...Unless liberals are elected into office, as a majority. Now thats a real and present danger to the continuation of the human race.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 82

Once again the Regressives try and pass off someone OUTSIDE the field as an authority on climatology, one who publishes in German no less.

The fact climate models are run using different variables and produce the same results (e.g., that Man's greenhouse gas production causes global warming) is hardly a disproof of the models.

The earlier rants from the Regressives that the climate models predicted higher than observed changes have now been totally debunked. As more precise measurements prove the warming of the planet, in particular the melting of the ice caps, is proceeding MUCH more rapidly than we thought just a year ago is just one example of how the imagined "problems" with the science are themselves being disproven.

Nothing new with such nay-sayers, many disbelieved Galileo in the 17th century and lots of Republicans still do in the 21st Century.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 82

http://www.general-cathexis.com/stuff/dissertation_final_otto.pdf

Modelling the earth’s climate an epistemic perspective

by Friederike Elly Luise Otto
Abstract

Climate models and climate modelling are a central part of climate science with particular importance for long term prognoses of future climate development. In the context of global climate change, which is a fact undoubted by climate scientists but sceptically discussed in the public, their importance not only for climate sciences is increasing. Howeverm, most findings of climate modelling approaches are highly uncertain and span a very broad range of values for climate variables and impacts of climate change. Climate models are different from experiments in physics, thus their results must be valued accordingly. Furthermore climate models are epistemically very different from physics theories, which are normally topic of the debate in the philosophy of science. In this thesis climate modelling is analysed according to ascertain the epstemic status of climate models and to discuss its consequences.
Climate modelling is not based on a comprehensive physics theory and is not analogous to experimenting. Moreover, climate models play a double role as an outsourced human brain and a copy of the earth and are thus something in between an experiment and a theory in progress. Due to this fact several problems of climate modelling result, two of which are fundamental and others are principally to over come but practically pressing. The fundamental problems of understanding the climate system are the nonlinearity of the system and lack of observational data. The main practical problem of climate modelling is the problem of parameterisation, which is the need to represent processes of the climate system in the modelling approach that are insufficiently understood or on a smaller scale than the resolution of the model. Parameterisations in nonlinear models make it nearly impossible to detect chains of causes and effects in a climate model. Therefore an intransparent method of fitting the model to data, which is called tuning, results in manipulated physics of the climate model and prevents a meaningful analysis of the modelling results. As a conclusion of this thesis certain rules are provided that could avoid abuse of climate model tuning. Furthermore basic guidelines are provided to make the climate modelling process more transparent in general and thus to refer to the main uncertainties integral to climate modelling appropriately.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 82

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:There are a variety of ways of describing the rate at which the climate is changing. I prefer the fact that the last time the climate changed this quickly was after the "dinosaur killer" meteor hit in the ocean off the Yucatan  peninsula. 

I think correlating the impact of mankind's introduction of greenhouse gasses into the environment with an extinction level event is pretty telling of how serious this is. 

Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha.  That's a good one.

I am not sure what that response means.  You do not believe that this change is the fastest since the dinosaur killer?  Geologists have proved that. 

You don't think the correlation is dramatic enough to prove the point?  I am not sure what can be more dramatic than ending entire species. 

I certainly hope it is not that you have no other answer and are flailing.  That would be.............disappointing.

I absolutely, positively encourage you to make those remarks to as many adults as you can, as often as you can.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 82

Man made climate change is hardly a religion and is certainly not understood to be fact by only the "left".  Exxon Mobile, BP, and Shell are among the major oil companies now admitting the reality of MMCC and working to reverse it.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 82

@jimc91 wrote:

Climate change has become a religion practiced by the left that seems only interested in redistributing the wealth of the westernized countries.  Look at the environment in the US today and outside of some very unique areas we have clean air and water.  I quit wasting my time with the folks that refuse to actually look at the techniques the "Paid for" so called scientist base their reporting on.

Oh my god! The bad, bad "left" are at their shenanigans again and now they've got every other country on this planet practicing the same "religion".  The horror of it all!

Puh-leeze.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 82

@aruzinsky wrote:There are a variety of ways of describing the rate at which the climate is changing. I prefer the fact that the last time the climate changed this quickly was after the "dinosaur killer" meteor hit in the ocean off the Yucatan  peninsula. 

I think correlating the impact of mankind's introduction of greenhouse gasses into the environment with an extinction level event is pretty telling of how serious this is. 

I am not sure what that response means.  You do not believe that this change is the fastest since the dinosaur killer?  Geologists have proved that. 

You don't think the correlation is dramatic enough to prove the point?  I am not sure what can be more dramatic than ending entire species. 

I certainly hope it is not that you have no other answer and are flailing.  That would be.............disappointing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 82

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:Wrong again, there is plenty of proof that you continue to try to ignore with your junk science.  Since there is proof the climate is changing at an incredibly fast rate, by your own claims, wouldn't the next experiment to run be for man to stop polluting and see what effect that has?

Such an "incredibly fast rate" that it isn't credible.  How many shoes do you own?

There are a variety of ways of describing the rate at which the climate is changing. I prefer the fact that the last time the climate changed this quickly was after the "dinosaur killer" meteor hit in the ocean off the Yucatan  peninsula. 

Richva, there is your answer.  Obviously the Earth has been hit by a large meteorite, we just have not noticed.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 82

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:Wrong again, there is plenty of proof that you continue to try to ignore with your junk science.  Since there is proof the climate is changing at an incredibly fast rate, by your own claims, wouldn't the next experiment to run be for man to stop polluting and see what effect that has?

Such an "incredibly fast rate" that it isn't credible.  How many shoes do you own?

There are a variety of ways of describing the rate at which the climate is changing. I prefer the fact that the last time the climate changed this quickly was after the "dinosaur killer" meteor hit in the ocean off the Yucatan  peninsula. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 82

@sp362 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Boy how can anybody argue with such a scientifically based argument?  Maybe by asking how much medication you are on since you have actually kept copies of your posts to somehow try to prove something.

The speed of change is on a human scale, not a geological one.  I have asked you about it before and you have yet to be able to explain it.

Do I understand correctly that your weight is changing while standing on a human rather than a lapidary scale?  I have no obligation to believe you, let alone, explain it.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors