Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Barr’s idea of backdoors is 🤬.

Message 1 of 5

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Let's not forget trump wanted a backdoor communication tool to Putin.....such a tool for sure.

I think trump is a backdoor communication tool for putin. Smiley Wink

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

I know for fact how easy it is to hack a car while moving, witnessed demonstration by someone.

Really not the brightest idea to come from Barr, good guys vs bad guys - sounds so great in theory. Until you think about the fiasco of CIA leak of Vault 7 onto 

Wikileaks.

Really don't wish to see us go down that rabbit hole again, or I will become a Troglodite for ease of being.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Let's not forget trump wanted a backdoor communication tool to Putin.....such a tool for sure.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Sounds like something you'd want if you were planning a large scale attack against the Government, which is what ToadPOTUS now sees as his only hope of avoiding serious jail time. Sad that he's got a bunch of Americans who will follow him down that dark road.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why Barr’s idea of backdoors is 🤬.

Message 5 of 5

He wants a secure "safe" backdoors added to all products.

Remember when VP Chaney got his mechanical heart replaced with a new one, it was shortly after his was discovered to be hackable, via backdoors.

Security is finally happening for some embedded applications like IOT Internet of Things. Smartphones to PC's, etc. It's impossible to prevent malware, worms, viruses, Ransomware, etc without fretting over "secret" backdoors into everything under the sun.

Secure handshakes (https), secure authentication, communications and even secure updates for security, buggy software, etc.

And the T & Barr want secure backdoors on and into all devices, I've yet to find a really secure and safe backdoor on any device .

Huawei cellphones had backdoors into their phone at the circuit level when they were banned by the military for security.

Security backdoors would bypass normal security features and passwords of anyone from Fortune 100 to you, or me. Type in the magic command and there goes the business. Unimpeded access and possibly total control of computers, etc to anyone, anywhere.

It has uses for debugging but, I'd rather not see shipped systems going out in the world to buyers of everything with a cpu in it.

Lists exist on-line of stupid programmers/developers of most things IOT , want to hack a router/modem/printer/smartphone sure enter the magic backdoor and have at it.

Thoughts need to get off the rant for now, hacked /and malware infested just came to me.

Anyone else believe this to be a bright idea, and yes I would be griping about how stupid an idea this is, even if Obama or any DemocrAt were suggesting it.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: