There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Are Republicans So Supportive of Trump?

Message 11 of 93

@mickstuder wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

@john258 wrote:  I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. 

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) Yet, the don't.  Most border security folks say they need more roads; more staffing and more techknology......

Wrong on all counts. Let's start with the above.  No they don't.  If you really think there are some REFERENCE THEM.  In the meantime try going to the Border Patrol web site to see what the REAL experts think.

https://bpunion.org/

All wrong and

QUESTION:

How Many US Border Patrol Agents Work For The American People?

ANSWER: Over 20,000  Correct,  The rest are wrong and mostly nonsense.

QUESTION:

How Many Of Those 20,000 Agents Heve Input Into What Is Written On The Border Patrol Website

ANSWER - 6 Trump Sycophants  The correct answer is ALL OF THEM.  The site you're looking at is the Border Patrol UNION.  Obviously you are anti-union and have never been in one or you would know that if nothing else the members get to elect the union official.

QUESTION:

Who Determines How & Where & On What The American Tax Payers Money Should Be Spent?

ANSWER:  The US Congress - Not Trump  Shows how little you understand about how our government operates.  The Congress is responsible for funding the government but once it's funded the President has considerable leeway on how to spend the money.  The supreme court has ruled that many times.

The rest of your post was meaningless nonsense comments none of which even addressed what I said or YOUR OWN TOPIC.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 93

@LeeS787434 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) Yet, the don't.  Most border security folks say they need more roads; more staffing and more techknology......

Wrong on all counts. Let's start with the above.  No they don't.  If you really think there are some REFERENCE THEM.  In the meantime try going to the Border Patrol web site to see what the REAL experts think.

QUESTION:

How Many US Border Patrol Agents Work For The American People?

ANSWER: Over 20,000

QUESTION:

How Many Of Those 20,000 Agents Heve Input Into What Is Written On The Border Patrol Website

ANSWER - 6 Trump Sycophants

QUESTION:

Who Determines How & Where & On What The American Tax Payers Money Should Be Spent?

ANSWER:

The US Congress - Not Trump

The Congress Refused To Fund Trumps Wall

Trump Tried To Go Around Congress & Declare a National Emergency

The Congress Again Vetoed Trumps Attempts To Waste The American Tax Payers Money on a Memorial to Himself

You support Trumps Wall? - Good - Go start a Go Fund Me Page & See How Much Money You Can Raise

Hint: - that too has already been tried & failed

A Trump Memorial Wall is Not Going To Happen

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

One of The Jobs of Congress is to protect the interests of the Amerrican People to spend their money on responsible programs that have been proven with factual analysis to be worthwhile

A valid point. Here we have a situation where the value of physical barriers is under discussion. The President has the responsibility for national security (including border security). He is attempting to find a way to do that in the partisan environment established by the Dems who seem to see that more important.

Bridges to No Where & Memorials to sitting Presidents are not worthwhile

Agreed. What has that to do with this topic?

If Trump decides tomorrow that building a artificial island between Cancun Mexico - Havana Cuba - Miami Florida would help reduce drug smuggling - human trafficking & illegal immigration - and act as deterrent to Russia in staging hypersonic nuclear missles in Cuba

Where do you get this stuff??? BTW - what is the rest of that sentence?

A idea BTW that probably makes more sense than a Wall - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

Right Below your Comment - it says - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

Aaaah!!! The capital "A" made it look like a new sentence.

As to "Trump's (or "Trumps" if you prefer) word - his word in the instance of physical barriers is a continuation of past actions supported by Dems. I do not recall Dems supporting an artificial island.

I have a Paved Asphalt Driveway it leads from the Public Road that runs by my property to the garage under my house where I park my Truck

Sometimes I drive around the back of my house to hook onto a trailer or to drop of loam or stone for a Landscaping Project

I don't pave every area of land that my truck drives over on my property

I'm not against Pavement - I simply determine the Cost to Benefit of the Decisons I make

My Wife and I drive in and out of our Garages to the public road & back sometimes multiple times per day - so paving the area in between makes sense

Such is the scenario at the US Mexico Border - where there was a demonstrated fact-based need they constructed Walls - where there was No Benefit  - they didn't

I know this is a Difficult Concept to grasp - but there have been one or two smart people in the Whitehouse before Trump and some of them made good decisons and took care of things like where Walls at the Border made sense

Like with my Driveway example - they also determined where Walls were not effective

Interesting - all decisions as to physical barriers were made before Jan. 2017 and the issue never need be considered again, because of something about where you and your wife drive your truck.

No the point is - they NEED to be considered again - they haven't - it's all based upon a Mneumoic developed in 2015

Surely you understand that "the wall" was a mnemonic (or if you prefer "Mneumoic") to remind citizens that it was President Trump who took border security and the rules regarding living in the US seriously. No island building or truck driving involved in that.

How Quickly They Forget!

You try to pick apart every comment from others if there is even a hint they are straying from the distractions you want us all to concentrate on......................

BUT

What about the Core Trump Wall Principle - MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR TRUMPS WALL?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 93

@LeeS787434 wrote:

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) Yet, the don't.  Most border security folks say they need more roads; more staffing and more techknology......and the dumbocrats voted to build a wall before Trump said he wanted it.  And they built a wall.....and they never said coast to coast.  Trump said Mexico would pay for it....yet, they won't.  Hmmmmm......   Then they immediately said it wasn't needed because they would rather oppose Trump than do ANYTHING for the country.  That's just the trump/Fox ignorance being echoed here.   Or are you saying the Dems are doing what the Repubs did when Obama got elected......note McConnells comment about insuring Obama would be a one-term Prez.  How many things did the GOP support of Obama's?   THAT is the full story.  Not really....it's a biased "story".....not ANY facts with supporting references.  What do you think it is?   Thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 93

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) and the dumbocrats voted to build a wall before Trump said he wanted it.  Then they immediately said it wasn't needed because they would rather oppose Trump than do ANYTHING for the country.  THAT is the full story.  What do you think it is?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Border security became an element in his campaign from the reaction to the 2 words. I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. His far right backers as usual refuse to understand anything about Trump and the experts have told us why. Trump has mental problems as 120 experts on mental health have told us, and Trump is destroying this country with the help of his enablers. Just look south to V to see where we are headed under Trump.

The "full story" is not that complex. The President believes in border security, his supporters believe in border security and both express that support.

And as to the "full story" let's not forget that the Dems had been supporters of physical barriers until recently. The "full story" on that is that it is nothing but a partisan ploy by the Dems.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Border security became an element in his campaign from the reaction to the 2 words. I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. His far right backers as usual refuse to understand anything about Trump and the experts have told us why. Trump has mental problems as 120 experts on mental health have told us, and Trump is destroying this country with the help of his enablers. Just look south to V to see where we are headed under Trump.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 93

That is one way of finding out, but I certainly would understand using THAT MUCH money, time and energy on perhaps using more on "the people" instead of a barrier.  I truly hope that if this new, favored memorial of the current president  is built, will also have his face on it, so we never forget! Like Mt. Rushmore, no?

@rker321 wrote:

Instead of fighting Trump's wall, we should allow him to build his wall. and then see how many illegals, and drug users. will either climb the wall, and build tunnels around those walls and see  how much he can stop the flow. without really having a comprehensive immigration law in place. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 93

Instead of fighting Trump's wall, we should allow him to build his wall. and then see how many illegals, and drug users. will either climb the wall, and build tunnels around those walls and see  how much he can stop the flow. without really having a comprehensive immigration law in place. 

Kudos
Views