Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Are Republicans So Supportive of Trump?

Message 1 of 93

@rker321 wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

I can see now why you're confused.  It is not a "Trump Memorial Wall" which is what the Liberals have named it.  It's an American Border protection wall, so we can know who is coming into our country to prevent more incidents like 9-11, diseases that can spread, gangs, drugs, human trafficers, criminals, etc.

As a very old Republican and not a Trump follower and his new party. I can tell you that just a wall will not to a thing to help in the illegal and drug situation at the border.

If you want to really have a way besides having the proper personnel at the border  get Congress and the Senate to pass a good comprehensive immigration bill that will penalize many employers that hire illegals.  a good law that follows up in the overstay of the tourists visas, in the followup in the student visas, and the HB1 visas when they expire.

That is what will stop the illegals from any border that they may come from .

Those are all valid pieces in the total package needed - as is the use of physical barriers
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 93

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Border security became an element in his campaign from the reaction to the 2 words. I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. His far right backers as usual refuse to understand anything about Trump and the experts have told us why. Trump has mental problems as 120 experts on mental health have told us, and Trump is destroying this country with the help of his enablers. Just look south to V to see where we are headed under Trump.

The "full story" is not that complex. The President believes in border security, his supporters believe in border security and both express that support.

And as to the "full story" let's not forget that the Dems had been supporters of physical barriers until recently. The "full story" on that is that it is nothing but a partisan ploy by the Dems.

The President believes in nothing that will not help him become our Dictator, and I gave you how Trump got on to border security. Trump when he was in business hired workers who were not here legally in large numbers. Fact is he still does, or did till about a month ago. We saw his golf clubs fire a lot of workers who were not legal in the US. He sold packages to rich women to come to the US stay at a trump hotel, have the kid, recover and go home with a US Citizen baby. The FL hotel was a leader in this. Trump even got most of his wives from overseas. Both Dems and Reb. supported border barriers where they were needed which was based on fact. Trump does nothing based on Fact, and his enablers know nothing about this subject.

By the numbers:

1. Your "gave how" was a biased opinion - of no value in a discussion;

2. Mind reading as to what the President believes is equally of no value in a discussion;

3. Past employment issues are not a factor;

4. That selling citizenship does happen - the law needs changing;

5. Your views on "enablers" are irrelevant.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 93

@mickstuder wrote:

How Quickly They Forget!

You try to pick apart every comment from others if there is even a hint they are straying from the distractions you want us all to concentrate on......................

BUT

What about the Core Trump Wall Principle - MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR TRUMPS WALL?

The "core principle" is our border security. If he can't get another country to pay for it, does that mean you think we should abandon our border security?.

Try to focus on that without going off about building islands.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 93

@cm9889168 wrote:

I can see now why you're confused.  It is not a "Trump Memorial Wall" which is what the Liberals have named it.  It's an American Border protection wall, so we can know who is coming into our country to prevent more incidents like 9-11, diseases that can spread, gangs, drugs, human trafficers, criminals, etc.

As a very old Republican and not a Trump follower and his new party. I can tell you that just a wall will not to a thing to help in the illegal and drug situation at the border.

If you want to really have a way besides having the proper personnel at the border  get Congress and the Senate to pass a good comprehensive immigration bill that will penalize many employers that hire illegals.  a good law that follows up in the overstay of the tourists visas, in the followup in the student visas, and the HB1 visas when they expire.

That is what will stop the illegals from any border that they may come from .

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 93

@mickstuder wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

@john258 wrote:  I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. 

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) Yet, the don't.  Most border security folks say they need more roads; more staffing and more techknology......

Wrong on all counts. Let's start with the above.  No they don't.  If you really think there are some REFERENCE THEM.  In the meantime try going to the Border Patrol web site to see what the REAL experts think.

https://bpunion.org/

QUESTION:

How Many US Border Patrol Agents Work For The American People?

ANSWER: Over 20,000

QUESTION:

How Many Of Those 20,000 Agents Heve Input Into What Is Written On The Border Patrol Website

ANSWER - 6 Trump Sycophants

QUESTION:

Who Determines How & Where & On What The American Tax Payers Money Should Be Spent?

ANSWER:

The US Congress - Not Trump

The Congress Refused To Fund Trumps Wall

Trump Tried To Go Around Congress & Declare a National Emergency

The Congress Again Vetoed Trumps Attempts To Waste The American Tax Payers Money on a Memorial to Himself

You support Trumps Wall? - Good - Go start a Go Fund Me Page & See How Much Money You Can Raise

Hint: - that too has already been tried & failed

A Trump Memorial Wall is Not Going To Happen

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@LeeS787434 wrote:

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) Yet, the don't.  Most border security folks say they need more roads; more staffing and more techknology......and the dumbocrats voted to build a wall before Trump said he wanted it.  And they built a wall.....and they never said coast to coast.  Trump said Mexico would pay for it....yet, they won't.  Hmmmmm......   Then they immediately said it wasn't needed because they would rather oppose Trump than do ANYTHING for the country.  That's just the trump/Fox ignorance being echoed here.   Or are you saying the Dems are doing what the Repubs did when Obama got elected......note McConnells comment about insuring Obama would be a one-term Prez.  How many things did the GOP support of Obama's?   THAT is the full story.  Not really....it's a biased "story".....not ANY facts with supporting references.  What do you think it is?   Thanks for asking.....

Again someone posts their opinion but no VF link to prove the words.  Well if that's the rules now, the majority of those who are working the borders and dealing with illegals every day DO say a border IS necessary.  I've heard of many Conservatives from the media and congress who have talked to them, but Liberals, no Pelosy, Schummer or the rest of them have.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 93

Mickstuder,    I think you have been given some fine examples why some of them support trump.  Nuff said ?   LOL !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Border security became an element in his campaign from the reaction to the 2 words. I gave you the full story which neither you nor I can change. His far right backers as usual refuse to understand anything about Trump and the experts have told us why. Trump has mental problems as 120 experts on mental health have told us, and Trump is destroying this country with the help of his enablers. Just look south to V to see where we are headed under Trump.

The "full story" is not that complex. The President believes in border security, his supporters believe in border security and both express that support.

And as to the "full story" let's not forget that the Dems had been supporters of physical barriers until recently. The "full story" on that is that it is nothing but a partisan ploy by the Dems.

The President believes in nothing that will not help him become our Dictator, and I gave you how Trump got on to border security. Trump when he was in business hired workers who were not here legally in large numbers. Fact is he still does, or did till about a month ago. We saw his golf clubs fire a lot of workers who were not legal in the US. He sold packages to rich women to come to the US stay at a trump hotel, have the kid, recover and go home with a US Citizen baby. The FL hotel was a leader in this. Trump even got most of his wives from overseas. Both Dems and Reb. supported border barriers where they were needed which was based on fact. Trump does nothing based on Fact, and his enablers know nothing about this subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 93

@LeeS787434 wrote:

The full story on border security?  As far as I know the full story is Trump wants to build a wall for border security, the border patrol said they need the wall to do their job (and nobody has more expertise on what's needed to do the job than the people doing it) and the dumbocrats voted to build a wall before Trump said he wanted it.  Then they immediately said it wasn't needed because they would rather oppose Trump than do ANYTHING for the country.  THAT is the full story.  What do you think it is?

Nothing you posted is  correct so you need to learn the full story  on border security. I gave you the full story on Trump and the border that started this nonsense.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 93

@LeeS787434 

Perhaps if you are that knowledgeable about the border wall, could you let us know the areas where trump has been constructing all of the new wall that he claims to have constructed?

And where are the areas that he feels that need new big walls?

And how much land will be required to be taken from property owners?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views