Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why Are Republicans So Supportive of Trump?

Message 21 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Why did Trump’s campaign advisors who suggested ‘the wall’ lie about the reason for using that phrase then? They are the ones who said that the reason was to get Trump to mention border security.

What "lie" have you dreamed up? The "wall" was a reference to border security.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 93

Why don't we get Mexico to answer the questions about the "wall" seeings how "they are going to pay for it", no?

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is not true. Trump does not remember things to well, and his handlers found out if they can give him two simple words about a subject it helps him remember. They wanted him to talk about immigration in every event. They gave him Border Wall as the two words to remind him. Well Trump used the two words and got a good reaction from his crowd so it became part of his stump speech. It had eveything to do with his memory, and nothing todo with building a wall.

Border security was an element in his campaign and the words created audience reaction. Nothing about memory or handlers in that.

Why did Trump’s campaign advisors who suggested ‘the wall’ lie about the reason for using that phrase then? They are the ones who said that the reason was to get Trump to mention border security.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 93

I believe that we should hear what our Trump supporters think about Trump, his Administration and why they support him. Instead of us thinking as to why they do.

I would ask them.

What are the reasons that you support Trump?
What to date has Trump done for this country as of now. and expand.
What do you see as Trump/s flaws if any
Do you believe that anything that the media says is "fake news"

Has Trump benefited  in any manner after he became President/
Why do you think he doesn't want his tax returned public

Do you always believe  what Trump say and why, do you research and be able to reach a conclusion?.

I doubt that we will see too many of them having the courage to answer these questions. they cannot or will not verbalize  as to why they support Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 93

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

One of The Jobs of Congress is to protect the interests of the Amerrican People to spend their money on responsible programs that have been proven with factual analysis to be worthwhile

A valid point. Here we have a situation where the value of physical barriers is under discussion. The President has the responsibility for national security (including border security). He is attempting to find a way to do that in the partisan environment established by the Dems who seem to see that more important.

Bridges to No Where & Memorials to sitting Presidents are not worthwhile

Agreed. What has that to do with this topic?

If Trump decides tomorrow that building a artificial island between Cancun Mexico - Havana Cuba - Miami Florida would help reduce drug smuggling - human trafficking & illegal immigration - and act as deterrent to Russia in staging hypersonic nuclear missles in Cuba

Where do you get this stuff??? BTW - what is the rest of that sentence?

A idea BTW that probably makes more sense than a Wall - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

Right Below your Comment - it says - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

Aaaah!!! The capital "A" made it look like a new sentence.

As to "Trump's (or "Trumps" if you prefer) word - his word in the instance of physical barriers is a continuation of past actions supported by Dems. I do not recall Dems supporting an artificial island.

I have a Paved Asphalt Driveway it leads from the Public Road that runs by my property to the garage under my house where I park my Truck

Sometimes I drive around the back of my house to hook onto a trailer or to drop of loam or stone for a Landscaping Project

I don't pave every area of land that my truck drives over on my property

I'm not against Pavement - I simply determine the Cost to Benefit of the Decisons I make

My Wife and I drive in and out of our Garages to the public road & back sometimes multiple times per day - so paving the area in between makes sense

Such is the scenario at the US Mexico Border - where there was a demonstrated fact-based need they constructed Walls - where there was No Benefit  - they didn't

I know this is a Difficult Concept to grasp - but there have been one or two smart people in the Whitehouse before Trump and some of them made good decisons and took care of things like where Walls at the Border made sense

Like with my Driveway example - they also determined where Walls were not effective

Interesting - all decisions as to physical barriers were made before Jan. 2017 and the issue never need be considered again, because of something about where you and your wife drive your truck.

No the point is - they NEED to be considered again - they haven't - it's all based upon a Mneumoic developed in 2015

Surely you understand that "the wall" was a mnemonic (or if you prefer "Mneumoic") to remind citizens that it was President Trump who took border security and the rules regarding living in the US seriously. No island building or truck driving involved in that.

Surely you understand that “the wall” was a mnemonic that was used by Trump’s handlers to get him to talk about the border since he was incapable of remembering to do that without dumbing it down enough that a toddler could understand.

There was no intention of actually building a wall but when Trump gets something in his head he cannot understand why he cannot have it. Just like a spoiled brat.

It was a chant that got people thinking about border security. Nothing to do with "memory" or "handlers". That is just one more silly thing brought up by people who talk with all the depth of "a spoiled brat" and GOPerLords and ignobelers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 93

Perhaps because they are trying to cling to the sinking ship: the ussr trump. Let’s see how many go down with the ship!

Did he say anything new at the cpac two hour rant, or just regurgitate all the oldies?

how bout those financials donnie

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 93

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

One of The Jobs of Congress is to protect the interests of the Amerrican People to spend their money on responsible programs that have been proven with factual analysis to be worthwhile

A valid point. Here we have a situation where the value of physical barriers is under discussion. The President has the responsibility for national security (including border security). He is attempting to find a way to do that in the partisan environment established by the Dems who seem to see that more important.

If Trump decides tomorrow that building a artificial island between Cancun Mexico - Havana Cuba - Miami Florida would help reduce drug smuggling - human trafficking & illegal immigration - and act as deterrent to Russia in staging hypersonic nuclear missles in Cuba

A idea BTW that probably makes more sense than a Wall - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

Right Below your Comment - it says - should American Tax Payers just automatically be on the hook for the expense without any factual justification - just on Trumps word?

As to "Trump's (or "Trumps" if you prefer) word - his word in the instance of physical barriers is a continuation of past actions supported by Dems. I do not recall Dems supporting an artificial island.

I have a Paved Asphalt Driveway it leads from the Public Road that runs by my property to the garage under my house where I park my Truck

Sometimes I drive around the back of my house to hook onto a trailer or to drop of loam or stone for a Landscaping Project

I'm not against Pavement - I simply determine the Cost to Benefit of the Decisons I make

My Wife and I drive in and out of our Garages to the public road & back sometimes multiple times per day - so paving the area in between makes sense

Such is the scenario at the US Mexico Border - where there was a demonstrated fact-based need they constructed Walls - where there was No Benefit  - they didn't

I know this is a Difficult Concept to grasp - but there have been one or two smart people in the Whitehouse before Trump and some of them made good decisons and took care of things like where Walls at the Border made sense

Like with my Driveway example - they also determined where Walls were not effective

Interesting - all decisions as to physical barriers were made before Jan. 2017 and the issue never need be considered again, because of something about where you and your wife drive your truck.

No the point is - they NEED to be considered again - they haven't - it's all based upon a Mneumoic developed in 2015

Surely you understand that "the wall" was a mnemonic (or if you prefer "Mneumoic") to remind citizens that it was President Trump who took border security and the rules regarding living in the US seriously. No island building or truck driving involved in that.

Surely you understand that “the wall” was a mnemonic that was used by Trump’s handlers to get him to talk about the border since he was incapable of remembering to do that without dumbing it down enough that a toddler could understand.

There was no intention of actually building a wall but when Trump gets something in his head he cannot understand why he cannot have it. Just like a spoiled brat.

It was a chant that got people thinking about border security. Nothing to do with "memory" or "handlers". That is just one more silly thing brought up by people who talk with all the depth of "a spoiled brat" and GOPerLords and ignobelers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 93

@CriticalThinking wrote:

When Trump supporters hear Donald say, "Make America Great Again", they are actually hearing, "Make America White Again"

No, sadly it is the left that sees everything through their prism of race that see that.

We on the right see an improved economy, jobs, fair treatment internationally, and that sort of stuff. Apparently those things do not interest the left - they need hatred and negativity.

Kudos
Views