Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 71 of 255

Mrs Carter

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 255

Sara Lee, how about those cakes?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 255

Dolly Madison.  How about that ice cream!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 255

Michelle Obama is definitely my favorite First Lady.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 255

Hillary Clinton is my favorite First Lady after Michelle Obama.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 255

First lady Michelle Obama was a woman that captured every one hearts / The look, the love proud mother and husband / God bless your family.

Patrick

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 255
Very well said. I was 15 when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated and I remember how she walked near the casket in that funeral procession. Our whole family wept. It was a sad day in our country's history. I don't think we actually saw it in color, however, because our TV was in black and white in those days. Although some people may have had color TVs. I agree Jackie Kennedy was a great First Lady and certainly deserves admiration by all Americans.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 255

My favorite first lady was Jackie Kennedy.  I was 13 when President Kennedy was assassinated and watched the news every chance I got.  She was a strong lady, with class and graciousness.  I watched that lady in her pink suit with blood all over it stand in shock as she stood next to Lyndon Johnson being inaugurated as the new president while her life as the first lady ended and her husband as the first Roman Catholic lay dead in a hospital.  She did very well as a first lady, and a mother but got a little off track when she married Arie Onasis.  But we all make mistakes.  She had a life full of losses, but always maintained her status.  I wanted to be like her - not in loss and grief, but in style, class, and American's first lady.  She was something else.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 255
YOU are the embarrassment!! Michelle Obama was by far the best First Lady this country ever has had. She was and is intelligent, witty, innovative, trend-setting and moral. Melania Trump is a gold-digging piece of arm candy for the misogynist-in-chief.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 255

@jp6406 wrote:

The best !!!  Both Bush wives.  A tie. 

Graciousness ... mixed with influence and support of the Pres is what First Ladies need to do and be. Most others were mediocre.  Hillary was the worst.  Michelle not much better. 

(Partisanship of these comments is a coincidence.)          

Yes but only Dubya's wife killed a fellow teenager in high school. Almost no contribution to America other than designer clothes. Pity. 

Kudos
Views