You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 21 of 255

Melania Trump has more class in her little finger than Michelle Obama has in her entire body!  Move over Democrats! A Republican is standing!! However Jackie Kennedy was one of the classiest also!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 255

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 255

Nancy Reagan! There are some long winded answers to this question so I won't bore everyone with reasons why. I don't support either party so I just pick who I like.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 255
I agree with you and I apologize as I am really tired of the left putting down our Pres. that we voted for and love and our first lady being ridiculed about her high heels etc and smeared on the news. Michele never had to go thru what she is going thru. I have really no hate but I say things at times to show you how we feel as I am sure nothing was said to the people here that said the hateful things about Melania, so I hope you do I was just going to answer this question with the name Melania and then I saw all the hateful responses and was defending her. Sorry that I offended you but the hate really is on the left and we are all tired of it. maybe if you give them a chance like we gave Obama maybe we can all live together peacefully as they deserve a chance.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 255

"Your favorite First Lady of all time?" A very good question. One you would think should invoke fond memories, words of encouragement and inspiration about the backbone of our American culture, our First Ladies. Instead, some here have chosen to desecrate their work, their achievements, and their legacy with maliciousness. Why would you intentionally choose to be hateful, spiteful, and downright mean with this question? That's a rhetorical question. Too many replies here are sad, disappointing and apparently just plain typical. Instead of me listing your attributes such as 'small minded', 'ignorance for praising hate mongers that proved their sole goal was to destroy America from within.' No, I won't point out the obvious. I will say 'all' of America's First Ladies deserve our respect, encouragement, and support. Their burden is heavy and focused on helping to improve America, or they didn't do it right...(like forcing cardboard lunches on school children; moving your extended family into the Whitehouse and putting them on the payroll for doing nothing more than breathing; supporting and endorsing someone that has violated the sanctity of American Sisterhood by buying off and covering up her husband's numerous affairs and destroyed the trust of Americans when blatantly committing purgery, and a multitude of other felons (personal email server).

Pa-leeez!!)

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 255
but a bad first lady. Sorry you feel that way about her,so clueless, the Obamas were very corrupt and is going to all come out as they have found nothing yet on Trump as it was all Obama of Russian collusion you are going to find out.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 255
Oh please, all of this is all made up except her crappy lunches for our poor kids in school having to eat that which is being taken out as kids chose not to eat lunch which was bad for them. She did nothing else except for what you want to believe from the fake news media. Wait and see what Melania does in 8 years. She is a true person.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 255

Wow, sounds like some one has a crush on a bad First Lady - theropy might be in your future, wow what a way to live. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 255

@donnaw574413wrote:
What has Michele done, Nothing, you don't know what you are talking about, Name what she has done, worthless!

1. In 2010, she launched Let’s Move!, bringing together community leaders, educators, medical professionals, parents, and others in a nationwide effort to address the challenge of childhood obesity. Let’s Move! has an ambitious goal: to solve the epidemic of childhood obesity within a generation. Whether it’s providing healthier food in our schools, helping kids be more physically active, or urging companies to market healthier foods to our children, Let’s Move! is focused on giving parents the support they need to make healthier choices for their kids.

2. In 2010 she passed The School Lunch program with bipartisan support. The program provides free and reduced-price meals to more than 21 million low-income children, now requires districts to serve more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and low-fat dairy products.

3. Walgreens, Supervalu, Walmart and several regional grocers announced a commitment to build or expand 1,500 stores in communities with limited or no access to healthy food. This initiative will create thousands of local jobs, and will provide access to fresh food to an estimated 9.5 million people who currently have limited access. In California alone, the Fresh Works Fund has committed 200 million dollars to this effort to increase access to healthy food.

4. Darden, the world’s largest full service restaurant company, which owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster and other chains, made a commitment to improve kids’ menus by offering a fruit or vegetable and low-fat milk with every meal. Darden will also reduce total calories and sodium by 20% across their menus over the next 10 years.

5. The First Lady launched MyPlate and MiPlato, an easy to understand icon to help parents make healthier choices for their families. More than 6,100 community groups and 100 national organizations and corporations have partnered with the USDA to give families across the country access to this important nutritional information.

6. The First Lady worked with the US Tennis Association to build or refurbish more than 6,200 kid-sized tennis courts across the country, sign up more than 250,000 kids to complete their PALAs, and train 12,000 coaches to help kids learn the sport of tennis.

7. The First Lady launched Let’s Move! Child Care to ensure that our youngest children are getting a healthy start. As of January of 2013, more than 10,000 child care professionals and organizations have registered to implement new criteria for nutrition, physical activity, and limited screen time.

8. Walmart announced a new Nutrition Charter through which they lowered the cost of fruits, vegetables, and whole grain products by $1 billion in 2011. Wal-Mart has also pledged to work with manufacturers to eliminate trans fats and remove 10% of the sugar and 25% of the sodium in the food they sell by 2015.

9. Through Chefs Move to School, 2,400 chefs and nearly 4,000 schools have signed up to work together, teaching kids about healthy eating and helping cafeteria staff prepare healthier meals.

10. The country’s largest food manufacturers pledged to cut 1.5 trillion calories from the food they sell by 2015 through their Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation.

11. The American Beverage Association fulfilled their commitment to the First Lady to put clear calorie labels on the front of their products to give consumers better information.

12. Through her Let’s Move! Museums and Gardens, 597 participating institutions in all 50 states and the District of Columbia have signed up to offer active exhibits and healthy food choices.

13. In 2011, Mrs. Obama and Dr. Jill Biden came together to launch Joining Forces, a nationwide initiative calling all Americans to rally around service members, veterans, and their families and support them through wellness, education, and employment opportunities. Joining Forces works hand in hand with the public and private sector to ensure that service members, veterans, and their families have the tools they need to succeed throughout their lives.

14. In 2014, Mrs. Obama launched the Reach Higher Initiative, an effort to inspire young people across America to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school, whether at a professional training program, a community college, or a four-year college or university. Reach Higher aims to ensure that all students understand what they need to complete their education by working to expose students to college and career opportunities; helping them understand financial aid eligibility; encouraging academic planning and summer learning opportunities; and supporting high school counselors who do essential work to help students get into college.

15. In 2015, Mrs. Obama joined President Obama to launch Let Girls Learn, a U.S. government-wide initiative to help girls around the world go to school and stay in school. As part of this effort, Mrs. Obama is calling on countries across the globe to help educate and empower young women, and she is sharing the stories and struggles of these young women with young people here at home to inspire them to commit to their own education.

16. Michelle hosted a White House dinner to support mentoring programs for young girls, encouraging them to break the glass ceiling. “Once you see somebody on TV it looks like it’s easy, but the truth is we only know many of these women once they’ve become famous, once they’re in the news. Faith and love and hard work — that’s what got us through. You don’t need money or connections. The question is, do you let that fear stop you?”

Need more?  Go to  JOB WELL DONE FIRST LADY! 16 ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF MICHELLE OBAMA

I, for one, appreciate REAL accomplishments vs. the lies posted in Melania's bio at the GOP Convention claiming she graduated from college, plagiarizing her speech and doing nothing but being arm-candy.  Seems like Conservatives like that sort of thing.

But you like her "standing by her man...."  Here's the reality....take a moment and you'll clearly see what most see....

The Trump and Obama Couples

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 255

Michelle Obama, what a woman. 

Kudos
Views