Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 191 of 255
How did you interject like that in my post? It's just a post/my opinion. Why did it move you that much? I've been reading a lot of lies about different First Ladies, but I moved on and posted my option/choice. Your interjections about Melania Trump reminds me of Vanessa Williams and The Miss America Contest. I thought we as a country had gotten past that.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 192 of 255
Melania Trump speaks volumes in her actions, so it doesn't take much. How do you know who someone is before they arrive in the spotlight? Just saying...
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 193 of 255

Stop bullying with the subliminal messages! This is a new day and a new time; thanks to the last eight years. Right has been wrong and wrong has been right, so who's going to say what a First Lady should do or not do? Melania Trump is not a puppet. If Mrs. Obama has been so proud of those vegetables, she would have taken them with her.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 194 of 255

Mary Lincoln

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 195 of 255

@MNBristol wrote:

I think all of the Melania Trump bashing is unfair. I was not a Trump supporter. I admire a mother who puts her child first IMO, most do.  and it would not be fair to pull her son out of school in the middle of the year. Really?  Is that true with military families as well?  Not fair?  He lives a charmed life now and will be in the spot light the rest of his life.  Is that fair?  BTW, Sidwell Friends is known as one of the best schools in the country, ranked #5.   Also, who says a woman has to behave in a certain way to be a "First Lady".  Shoot, who say's a President should behave in a certain way?  Lie when you want; slander others if you'd like; act like an idiot whenever you feel the urge.  It is only a few months until her son finishes the school year and it makes a big difference to a child. Melania is a modern day woman and she will be in the WH soon enough So they say.....  Is there any reason you believe them?  and she will be a very gracious first lady. Let's hope. I feel for her because I would do the same thing for my child. Some children adjust better than others and she knows best what he needs. Let's hope.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 196 of 255

@sag27 wrote:

The First Lady, a woman who runs the White House for diplomatic dinners, special guests, picks out furnishings, paintings, the china, takes pride in her duties, husband, and country. Presently we have no First Lady, we have a ghost who refuses to live in the White House, making up excuses which many have had to face, but did so as it was their duty. We have a First Daughter taking over the dutis of a First Lady. The women of courage, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Rosalind Carter, the two Bush ladies.. We were blessed in the past. I remember Mrs. Kennedy doing the tour of the White House. Her elegant voice and gentleness. Today, the lady fits the man. Neither take the White House seriously or with pride. It is now a place of greed with a staff of distasteful people spending more time away from Washington. The amount of money being spent could easily feed people on Meals on Wheels, give people better insurance, give hope to the future of our country. Who is tending the White House garden now? Mrs. Obama was so proud of those vegetables. I don't think they are growing at Trump Tower. More millions being wasted on a First Lady who does not want to live as FLOTUS....Thank you to our past ladies and all they did for our country.Thank you to the children who grew in the White House. You are also a source of pride.

Image result for standing ovation gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 197 of 255

@ws6550 wrote:

Sticks and stones! That's what I'm talking about when I put Melania Trump up for one of my favorite. She has not been there long, but what she has done already speaks volume to me, and that is being herself. Is she still lying about her college education?  Is she still posing nude for magazines?  Is she still an illegal immigrant?  I can't stand a live puppet. I can't stand a liar.  No matter what the people said about Barbara Bush, she remains Barbara Bush, and I think Melania Trump will remain Melania Trump. I really respect that about them both.  Are you suggesting Eleanor Roosevelt wasn't Eleanor Roosevelt?  Jackie Kennedy wasn't Jackie Kennedy?  And how do you know who someone is before they arrived in the spotlight?  Just saying....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 198 of 255

Michelle Obama. She had graciousness, intelligence, humor, passion, and fire. Great lady!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 199 of 255

I think all of the Melania Trump bashing is unfair. I was not a Trump supporter. I admire a mother who puts her child first and it would not be fair to pull her son out of school in the middle of the year.  Also, who says a woman has to behave in a certain way to be a "First Lady".  It is only a few months until her son finishes the school year and it makes a big difference to a child. Melania is a modern day woman and she will be in the WH soon enough and she will be a very gracious first lady. I feel for her because I would do the same thing for my child. Some children adjust better than others and she knows best what he needs. Good for her!  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 200 of 255
Melania is not a first lady. We have a fake first lady. Trump is now putting his daughter every place a FLOTUS would be. Fake is all they know. Spend millions of dollars living every place but Washington. We pay Trump for all his trips, and also for the expenses at his hotels, golf courses, where ever. This whole thing is a disaster. The son doesn't like the school, get tutors. Many children grew up in the White House. It is the way it is supposed to be. Fake first lady. Wake up America....this is a sham.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22