Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 201 of 255

The First Lady, a woman who runs the White House for diplomatic dinners, special guests, picks out furnishings, paintings, the china, takes pride in her duties, husband, and country. Presently we have no First Lady, we have a ghost who refuses to live in the White House, making up excuses which many have had to face, but did so as it was their duty. We have a First Daughter taking over the dutis of a First Lady. The women of courage, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Rosalind Carter, the two Bush ladies.. We were blessed in the past. I remember Mrs. Kennedy doing the tour of the White House. Her elegant voice and gentleness. Today, the lady fits the man. Neither take the White House seriously or with pride. It is now a place of greed with a staff of distasteful people spending more time away from Washington. The amount of money being spent could easily feed people on Meals on Wheels, give people better insurance, give hope to the future of our country. Who is tending the White House garden now? Mrs. Obama was so proud of those vegetables. I don't think they are growing at Trump Tower. More millions being wasted on a First Lady who does not want to live as FLOTUS....Thank you to our past ladies and all they did for our country.Thank you to the children who grew in the White House. You are also a source of pride.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 255

Hillary Clinton has done more good around the world than almost any woman in history.  Don't believe the lies that are told about her.  She is gracious and warm and friendly in person.  She doesn't lie and that makes her stiff in situations where a liar could look entertaining and friendly.  She is a class act.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 255

Sticks and stones! That's what I'm talking about when I put Melania Trump up for one of my favorite. She has not been there long, but what she has done already speaks volume to me, and that is being herself. I can't stand a live puppet. No matter what the people said about Barbara Bush, she remains Barbara Bush, and I think Melania Trump will remain Melania Trump. I really respect that about them both.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 255

@cocolala@cocolala wrote:

Michelle Obama! I'm 70 years old and remember 11 first ladies. I was too young to remember Betsy Truman. Runners up include Hillary Clinton, Jackie Kennedy, Barbara Bush and Laura Bush in that order.

Ahhhh, a nice bi-partisan list.....

kudo's.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 255

My favorite also! Laura Bush!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 255

I appreiate graciousness in a first lady without the self-serving "whitchiness" we have seen in the past recent decades.    

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 255

michelle obama

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 255

Not even a question .......

Nancy Reagan clearly # 1. Either one of the Bush ladies # 2.

(Hillary was by far the worst, very self-serving and not trustworthy.) 

Obama, (I think her name was Michelle), was a nice lady with no real definition. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 255

Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Rosalynn Carter in that order.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 255

I agree, next in line for me is the great Eleanor Roosevelt! History tells me that she was a very strong woman.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22