Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 211 of 255

I have to give my vote to Bess Truman.  She was a bit of a tomboy as a kid.  She could whistle through her teeth and hit a ball as far as any boy in town when growing up.  Ya gotta love that!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 255

Next to Barbara Bush, it's Melania Trump because they are like two peas in a pod. You get what you got or you are not going to get anything! They're the real deal.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 255

My favorite First Lady is Barbara Bush. She seemed to be a regular person. she represented family values and lived by them. Her children and grandchildren have no idea how fortunate they are. Both my grandmothers died while I was a pre-schooler; I got to know my maternal grandmother fairly well. She was aces. I would like to think they were both like Barbara Bush.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 255

Ladybird Johnson is my favorite. She was responsible for the beautiful flowers being sowed along Texas highways. If you've never seen the miles of gorgeous wild flowers it's a sight to see. Of course Michelle Obama may very well be my favorite person. An intelligent classy woman.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 255

Michelle Obama! I'm 70 years old and remember 11 first ladies. I was too young to remember Betsy Truman. Runners up include Hillary Clinton, Jackie Kennedy, Barbara Bush and Laura Bush in that order.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 255

Michele Obama, she worked with the military and their families, she gave people so much hope. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 217 of 255

Definitely Hillary Clinton.  She fought so hard for healthcare for all.  She stood by her husband through better or worse because she meant her marriage vows whether he did or not.  She showed incredible courage and endured endless lies and false accusations.  She was the first wife of a president who was ready to go to work for the people and had the intelligence and education to do it.  And she was a wonderful daughter to her mother and a wonderful mother to her daughter.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 218 of 255

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

The next one.  May she arrive ASAP.

All kidding aside, my vote goes to Michelle Obama for her work as a mother, a wife and First Lady.  If you want to see the long list of her accomplishments, click here.  She even negotiated with her husband to quit smoking, in exchange for her support of his running for President, on behalf of their daughters.  My kind of lady.  She accomplished all of this while having to deal with the scourge of racism in this country, even up to the last month with the WVA Mayor and the "ape in heels"" comments made public.

She has grace, dignity, a keen sense of style, discipline and decorum.  And I love her powerful message to all, "When they go low, we go high."  If I could only practice that more often.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 219 of 255

"The survey SAID?"

So far, Michelle Obama leads in votes with 19;

Barbara Bush is second with 9;

Eleanor Roosevelt is third with 6;

Followed by Reagan +1, Johnson +1, Adams +1, Kennedy +1, Polk +1 and in last, with a minus 1, Melania Trump.

Disclaimer....multiple votes were counted as one vote for each named, limited to 3 names.  Those who voted for more than 3 were not included....sorry, felt the need to cut it off at 3.

Some of the posts provided excellent insight into past first ladies which I personally appreciated as my knowledge for first ladies pre-Jackie Kennedy is weak.  Thank you....you lit my fire to do more research, especially @Prosecco6247.  Thank you again.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 220 of 255

Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

The next one.  May she arrive ASAP.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22