Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 221 of 255

I love the legacy of Eleanor Roosevelt, a strong and confident woman. During my own lifetime, I admire Laura Bush the most. She stressed the importance of reading and education. Laura Bush is elegant, a devoted wife and mother, and a woman full of grace and kindness. She represented our country so very well and I admire her very much. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 222 of 255

Laura Bush

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 223 of 255

We've been blessed with many great first ladies, so it's hard to pick just one. I've long admired Jaqueline Kennedy for her grace, quiet dignity, and perseverance through some of the most difficult times anyone could imagine. 

Most of our modern first ladies have taken on personal campaigns to support important programs. As already mentioned, Lady Bird Johnson (highway beautification), Laura Bush (reading/education), Michelle Obama (children's health/veterans advocacy). Lady Bird was also an advocate of the Head Start project and very active on the campaign trail for civil rights. 

I would also add to the list, Rosalynn Carter, and her work on behalf of mental health/mental illness, in which she remains active to this day. She was an advocate of seniors, and supported reforms to help the aging and elderly live a better life, and also campaigned for the ERA. She is arguably one the most politically active first ladies since the days of Eleanor Roosevelt. Her view of being first lady was to go far beyond being the country's official hostess. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 224 of 255

Mrs. Obama 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 225 of 255

Laura Bush.  She was sweet and kind and reserved.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 226 of 255

Indeed, Barbara Bush! She was so real,nothing fake!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 227 of 255

Without any doubt and not a second thought Michelle Obama is #1of course👍👍my vote from Kansas City

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 228 of 255

Michelle Obama, hands down !!!

True to herself, kind, very involved w/children and families.

Love her !!! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 229 of 255

My favorite first lady without hesitation is Michelle Obama.  Inspirational, motivational and strong.....a behavior exhibted everday of her husband's presidency.  She was the shoulder he leaned on during those hurtful times. As the first lady in my house, I am fully aware of the impact from adverserial situations.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 230 of 255

Michelle Obama!!

It really felt like she cared for all of us. She did her best to reach as many people as she could during the time that her husband was serving as our President. She gave her best; and, I truly appreciate all that she did.❤️

Kudos
Views