Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

Message 231 of 255
I agree. Michelle Obama is my favorite First Lady.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 232 of 255

Michelle Obama is my favorite.  Since I have been voting, she has left an impression on my life and my family of genuine care, consist messaging, transparency of being who she is as Michelle and not as the wife of the President.  A fashion icon, for J. Crew, Target, Old Navy, just to name a few that I can offer to buy.  Miss her terribly.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 233 of 255
Great lady as was Laura Bush.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 234 of 255

Sarah Polk. She was unique in that she was James Polk's Chief of Staff from the time they married until his death. She was also more influential politically than previous First Ladies. She stood by her man!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 235 of 255

All the First Ladies I remember were quite good. 

Eleanor Roosevelt came to mind as a top choice, but I'll judge those I've seen first hand - from Jackie O. to Melania Trump.

My vote goes to Nancy Reagan. I thought she and Ronald Reagan made a good team - President / First Lady as well as husband / wife. 

I have two DVDs I have yet to watch. One is called "Killing Reagan", and the other "Jackie" starring Natalie Portman. Maybe I'll get a better insight as to what they went through.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 236 of 255

Barbara Bush

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 237 of 255
My favorite first lady is Michelle Obama.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 238 of 255

Michelle Obama is my favorite First Lady. She was reachable and took such interest is so many different things. I loved how she and Jill Biden fought for improvements in how the military and their families were treated. We were so lucky to have both of them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 239 of 255

I think Laura Bush is such a classy First Lady. She accomplished so much for women, especially in depressed countries. And even after leaving the White House she continues to do so. It is a calling not just a job when in the White House. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 240 of 255

I think Michele Obma was a terrific first lady, not only because of her work with shcool childrean and the miltary families, but because as the first minority firat lady she was very strong and endured a lot of criticism and racism, even though she was well educated scholar. She was subjected to much more than any other first lady. In terms of a first lady I think she and Eleanor Rosevelt were outstanding fisrt ladies and were very supportive of their husbands. 

Kudos
Views