Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Who do you trust?

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

I trust myself and my own common sense. I would be really stupid if I trusted a President that will never put himself in a position to get infected not him or his family, and give orders to others and doen't care what happens to anyone else.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

I have absolutely no confidence in President Trump and his administration.  None! 

 

But like you, @Roxanna35, I have confidence in myself and trust my good common sense as well.  Beyond that, I listen to the scientists for as much information as they make available to us and I'm pulling for those folks (politicians or laypersons) on the frontlines around the country who are fighting everyday for the very lives of us (the people).

0 Kudos
1,703 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

The audacity of hope

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
1,694 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

Dr. Fauci

 

Discount the mealy-mouthed language he sometimes uses to avoid embarrassing Trump and he tells the truth.

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Who do you trust?

 

History

 

We had a flu pandemic in 1918 that killed 50 million people, it infected 25% of the worlds population.

 

In current events that translates into about 2 billion people.

 

But that was 1918, we didn't have world travel by aircraft,  we didn't have cars, most people at that time had to stay in place.

 

I don't see how this pandemic is any different then 1918, an emerging virus, people don't have resistance to it, we don't have a vaccine.

 

That pandemic lasted from January 1918 to December 1920

 

People who are suggesting we can get herd immunity, just let old people die, sacrifice people for GDP,  we're talking about two or three years of this to get to that point.

 

I don't see it lasting less then 12 months, 18 is probably more realistic if we can get a vaccine out, and actually get people vaccinated.

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Do you work for CNN?

 

No I do not.  I do recommend this very interesting article as it documents why dt is not and can never be expected to be trustworthy.  It explains a lot.  He's barely human.

 

‘The Strange Case of Donald J. Trump: A Psychological Reckoning’

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2020/03/the-strange-case-of-donald-j-trump-a-psychological-rec...

Honored Social Butterfly

   I apologize that the data did not make it to the page.   But wowzer, an ignoble donald supporter just make up a bold face lie that anyone could check if they clicked on the small crosstab note:   I will include a direct link to the crosstabs so that if someone wants to lie....so be it, but they should be called out.   Again, my apolpgies for the problem.   

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TofJVeuCbZN8cRGBN97kWGqhO6tlQ7VA/view

 

/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

That poll is about right. Medical experts then my governor who has really stepped up. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

@afisher wrote:

That poll is about right. Medical experts then my governor who has really stepped up. 


I also trust the medical experts first.  Definitely state next, and not just my own state.  I am in awe of other state governors also. 

 

The recent Fox News Poll echoes these results.  The experts first, followed by state and local officials, and so on down the line.

 

Results are divided along partisan lines.  So much for the "liberals-only & polls" theory.

0 Kudos
1,686 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I always trust my dogs. 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
1,668 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

Most intelligent people don't trust polls - especially polls by the left wing media!

Honored Social Butterfly

Well, trump said he had this under control, 15 infections, and it would go away. Since then he's been trying to cover up for his inaction and incompetence, with his bobble head press conferences...0% trust. 
The we have Governor Cuomo, being a real leader, and giving very factual press conferences, being detailed, and explaining what he has and what he needs...not playing a victim, nor calling the media fake news...being a real leader. I'd give him a minimum of a 70%
plus rating, and probably more. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Michael Levitt is who I trust. I don't trust the politicians and the media especially CNN and the NYT.

The remaining people (scientists and doctors) are just reporting data, since they usually do not speculate, during a crisis.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The remaining people (scientists and doctors) are just reporting data, since they usually do not speculate, during a crisis.

That's downright disturbing.

 

I trust Dr. Anthony Fauci.   'You don't make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline' on relaxing public health measures

 

I fully trust dt has not been able to comprehend the scientific magnitude of horror, that has assuredly been explained to him many, many times, over the months.

I appreciate the good Dr.'s CLEAR line in the sand.  Let's not have to see dt yet again trespass through the truth just because he needs his picture taken. 

What do you think Fish - who has the upper hand in this rapidly evolving human drama ~ dt vs virus?

a/k/a ~ dt vs science.

Honored Social Butterfly


@oceanedge2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The remaining people (scientists and doctors) are just reporting data, since they usually do not speculate, during a crisis.

That's downright disturbing.

 

I trust Dr. Anthony Fauci.   'You don't make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline' on relaxing public health measures

 

I fully trust dt has not been able to comprehend the scientific magnitude of horror, that has assuredly been explained to him many, many times, over the months.

I appreciate the good Dr.'s CLEAR line in the sand.  Let's not have to see dt yet again trespass through the truth just because he needs his picture taken. 

What do you think Fish - who has the upper hand in this rapidly evolving human drama ~ dt vs virus?

a/k/a ~ dt vs science.


Your question sounds like something from the press corp... looking for a gotcha. Do you work for CNN?

 

Personally I prefer to hear from those who have no skin in the game for issues that require trust. Data is easily checked, it's just data that's what the daily briefing is for.  Progress is what it is, reported "as" accurately as it can be,  however I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in anyone involved in the actual process, and expect them to be perfectly forthright. They maybe totally trust worth, wonderful people, but they also have a higher responsibility that may prevent them from being as open and honest as they 'could' be under a different set of circumstances. 

 

If you asked the capt'n of a ship "hows it going" you'll get a canned response. 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
393 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The remaining people (scientists and doctors) are just reporting data, since they usually do not speculate, during a crisis.

That's downright disturbing.

 

I trust Dr. Anthony Fauci.   'You don't make the timeline, the virus makes the timeline' on relaxing public health measures

 

I fully trust dt has not been able to comprehend the scientific magnitude of horror, that has assuredly been explained to him many, many times, over the months.

I appreciate the good Dr.'s CLEAR line in the sand.  Let's not have to see dt yet again trespass through the truth just because he needs his picture taken. 

What do you think Fish - who has the upper hand in this rapidly evolving human drama ~ dt vs virus?

a/k/a ~ dt vs science.


Your question sounds like something from the press corp... looking for a gotcha. Do you work for CNN?

 

Personally I prefer to hear from those who have no skin in the game for issues that require trust. Data is easily checked, it's just data that's what the daily briefing is for.  Progress is what it is, reported "as" accurately as it can be,  however I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in anyone involved in the actual process, and expect them to be perfectly forthright. They maybe totally trust worth, wonderful people, but they also have a higher responsibility that may prevent them from being as open and honest as they 'could' be under a different set of circumstances. 

 

If you asked the capt'n of a ship "hows it going" you'll get a canned response. 


If you're talking about a passenger speaking to the Captain of a Cruise ship, that MIGHT be okay. However, if its a member of the crew addressing the Captain of a Warship, such a response, in a situation like we are now in, the Capt should IMMEDIATELY be jettisoned overboard and the XO take COMMAND, or the proud ship and its brave crew are DOOMED. See also The Caine Mutany for a cinimatic example.

Honored Social Butterfly

This is not the military and the  civilians are along for the ride and the amenities. Generally speaking the public officials feed people political pablum. 

 

So your cruise ship analysis is correct.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
1,809 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Michael Levitt is who I trust. I don't trust the politicians and the media especially CNN and the NYT.

The remaining people (scientists and doctors) are just reporting data, since they usually do not speculate, during a crisis.

Levitt has SPECULATED the US will "emerge from the pandemic sooner than SOME expect", which is doubtless true as SOME probably think its the Zombie apocalypse. You DID notice that his speculation depends on our current rather serious efforts at "social distancing" to slow and eventually stop the spread, but you seem to ignore what will happen if ToadPOTUS gets people to "pack the Churchs on Easter" and "get back to normal" very shortly thereafter.

 

His estimates for China were excellent BECAUSE he knew the Chinese would continue their SEVERE containment efforts until the crisis was over and the disease controlled. He made no specific extimates for the US  because he's smart enough to know the Toad is an amoral  Moron who will kill tens of thousands in the hope it will jack up the DJA.

Honored Social Butterfly

Who do you trust?

I answered the question.... and did not turn it into a personal tirade of amphibian colloquialisms.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
422 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png