Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Who are your Most Respected/Credible Journalists?

Message 41 of 62

The best writer is Olif Spear, head reporter for The Bugle. The story about the inner workings at the City Hall meetings were the best pieces written and could win an award or two!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 62

My favorite Journalist is David Muir of ABC News.   My favorite meteorologists are Ginger Zee & Rob Marceano(?)sp...My favorite local folks for weather are Bryan Busby & the ABC news team on channel 9 if you have ATT/U-Verse.    That being said in the past I've always liked Walter Conkrite, Ted Koppel, George Stephanopholus, Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters.   There's many a face I can see in my mind, but can't get a hold on it.   Anyone read Ted Koppel's bookon if we really had an attack on American soil?    It's very graphic..with words, ot pictures.   Anyway, that's my thoughts on this subject.   And you know, I want to remind everyone that not all newscasters are bad folks wanting to make a name for themselves.   And they all do a job of keeping us informed and armed with info, should we choose to accept it.   It's just like anything else, ist the small fract of the folks who make the rest of us look bad, and they are the bullies we face in this century--minus our own internal bullies.    Hope everyone has a nice week.   Sincerely, Jane Hanlon

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 62

Only one comes to mind.

Charlie Rose.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 62

My most respected journalist is CSPAN.  Period.  No other comes close to a documentary "just the facts" or an unfiltered opinions objectivity.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 62

Limiting myself to TV & Radio:

On Fox News - Shepard Smith

On Democracy Now - Amy Goodman & Juan Gonzalez

On PBS News Hour - Hari Sreenivasan & Judy Woodruff

On NPR Morning Edition - Steve Inskeep, David Greene, & Rachel Martin

On NPR All Things Considered - Robert Siegal & Audie Cornish

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 62

For me, the most respected journalists are many of those that are associated with NPR and PBS, particularly the evening news hour with Judy Woodruff and on Friday evenings, David Brooks and Mark Shields (political commentators). The reporters from these outlets do try and present both sides of issues and the in depth type reporting does help provide context to opinions and facts.  I do not agree completely with all the reporting on radio or television from these two public companies  but compared to other organizations these two are,to me, 

helpful in making me think on a deeper level.

Doug

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 62

@MSAv8tor wrote:

We have found recently that "Vice" news has been the most in-depth investigative reporting available on television. If you haven't seen it - they are running a piece on North Korea that is very informative.

Vice news ws started and is led by one of the leaders of the ALT RIGHT movement in Canada.

For news, i fact check everything i read. even my lefty stuff.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 62

We watch the PBS Newhour for a more balanced newscast (we miss you Gwen IFill!).  Also like to listen to NPR.  Sometimes check out the BBC online for a more International look at the news.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 62

@mickstuder wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

The topic title says "Journalists". Jounalists are NOT necessarily scholarly writers.  The best of them have such high regard for their audience that they avoid the superficial, distorted, inaccurate or misleading....often at their own expense.  The NPR staff is exemplary throughout...and Charlie Rose is the best of the lot now broadcasting.  He's getting old and has health issues.  Enjoy him while you can. I find it hard to believe there is enough time in a day to do all he is responsible for.

Sorry - "WATSON" - I Apologize - I'm just one of those illiterate Gun Toting White Guys with No Teeth from the Backwoods of NH....................................

In my world - I think a display of - Scholarly Writing - is when I order a Vanity License Plate From The State That Reads - N O T E E T H - and then I ride around everywhere I go with it attached to my Front & Rear Bumpers of my Pickup Truck for 10 years..............................

lol. Noam Chomsky hurts my brain, but i know he is right. I'll buy the beer if you promise to try to hit deer at night.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 62

We have found recently that "Vice" news has been the most in-depth investigative reporting available on television. If you haven't seen it - they are running a piece on North Korea that is very informative.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors