Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who are your Most Respected/Credible Journalists?

Message 31 of 62

CNN, Politico, the NPR Politics podcast

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 62

MSNBC:

Rachel Maddow, she gives a complete history, leading up to the current topic (proves that history keeps repeating itself)

Stephanie Ruhle

Chris Hayes

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 62

Christiane Amanpour is one of my favorite journalists. As Chief International Correspondent for CNN, she has traveled the globe, has a good understanding of many cultures, knows her subject matter, helps the viewer understand the many complexities of the world. 

I also like Fareed Zakaria for much the same reason. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 62

What ever happened to journalists anyway?  Those in media are not reporting news, they express their opinions. For once I would like to view a news program that asks questions to be answered by guest. Instead I find media expressing their opinion and asking guest to confirm.  What would news reporting be like if we actually were allowed to hear actual opinions and facts! Sadly, "Most Respected/Credible Journalist" does not exist.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 62

I like David Muir and George Stephanopolous.  I suppose they're biased like the rest.  Apologies to the "far right."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 62

@bb40262773 wrote:

Can't think of any good ones any more.  I like Tucker Carlson.  He seems to be a rising shining star.   The rest (Lester Holt and many others) seem to be so liberally biased I can't stand watching any of them any more.

Good journalists report the Truth. If you find what they say contradicts what you believe, you believe lies, and need to accept that fact. It's the first step in any recovery process.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 62

There is so much bias in journalism nowadays that I find myself spending a considerable amount of time listening to both leftist and right wing perspectives, then sorting out the drama and attempted indoctrination in order to come to my own independent conclusions. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 62

My Most Respected/Credible Journalists?

Hmmm, let me think about this...still thinking...still thinking...

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 62

Can't think of any good ones any more.  I like Tucker Carlson.  He seems to be a rising shining star.   The rest (Lester Holt and many others) seem to be so liberally biased I can't stand watching any of them any more.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 62

I trust Farrid Zacharia plus he is easy on the eyes and also Don Lemmon.  I especially enjoy Don Lemmon because he just doesn't report the news but he brings in other knowledgeable people who get the opportunity to express their points of view pro or con on the subject which leaves the listener with the opportunity to make his or her own decision on the subject matter.  Mr. Zacharia is very intelligent and he also presents the issue in a way that the listener can then form their own opinion. Lester Holt, David Muir and Anthony Mason are "anchors" and I don't really favor one over the other their presentations and research are limited they basically present the theme with others making commentary but I respect them in their craft.  I also enjoy Holt when he presents in-depth stories in other forums where he can showcase his research skills.  In addition, I also have a lot of respect for Charlie Rose, Gayle King, Norah O'Donnell and Tavis Smylie. The latter draw me in with the ability to ask the best questions which in turn allow the interviewee to open up and show who they really are and display their expertise on the topic.  I appreciate that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors