Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who are you voting for and WHY?

Message 1 of 217

True, JHW57, but I think it's important to maintain perspective. Obviously there are some very decent people in politics, just as there are self-serving individuals who are outsiders. Being an outsider means nothing in particular without knowing the individual's character.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 217

vzjtl2some, so you don't think Trump himself is a crook and a con man?

Why not? He's been sued often enough for fraud.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 217

I have not decided...but I know who I will not vote for.  The quote below is very old, but seems to be very much on the mark for our times...we continuously express our unhappiness with our politicians, yet we are the ones who keep electing them...do we really even know what we are looking for...we often vote for our own self interest and not for the good of the larger society...we are often not willing to admit our own bias leanings...we our often passive listeners and not actively and honestly looking for the truth, instead we simply seek out what already plays to our biases.  First step I think we should pursue is to look for the truth, this is only done by an active effort to listen and explore others viewpoint's in a genuine fashion.  Then we need to decide what kind of society we want...one of self interest or one focused on the larger society.

Thucydides

“Some legislators only wish to vengeance against a particular enemy. Others only look out for themselves. They devote very little time on the consideration of any public issue. They think that no harm will come from their neglect. They act as if it is always the business of somebody else to look after this or that. When this selfish notion is entertained by all, the commonwealth slowly begins to decay. ”
Thucydides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 217

@kl7410 wrote:

I am going to sit this election out too, it is a crying shame that the available candiddates are carrying on like they are. But the sad part of it is that most of the American people are tolerating it and are satisfied with the rhetoric. The American people should demand more from this group of candiddates, the only one that has showed some class and sense is John Kasich from Ohio.

I do agree with this........BUT the kooks are NOT Bernie and Hillary. Trump and Cruz, with their UGLY, EVIL, HATEFUL rhetoric talking about walls, NUCLEAR weapons, etc., do nothing but ENCOURAGE radicals, religious extremists and the like. Look at the violence at Trump rallies, regardless of who starts it. This is NOT the kind of incendiary stuff needed in this world. 

And look at the way they are behaving like incompetent kids......attacking each other's wives and threatening each other. And this is from REPUBLICAN candidates. The party that would want you to believe THEY are about "morals and family values." That THEY are about "Christianity." To think there are people out there that think that these 2 could be POTUS is, indeed, SCARY.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 217

@rker321 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Voting for a person who is a bigot, racist, hate monger, war monger ...... while purporting to be a Bernie Sanders supporter, is absurd.

You have no idea as to who I am voting for or who I support. you assume too much. and I am sure that you know what the word assume means

I assumed nothing ......... and you assumed incorrectly.

My reply was not referring to you. It referred to the poster who made the comments I addressed.

Please read and understand my post before making your false assumptions ..... and heed your own warning regarding "what the word assume means".

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 217

I am going to sit this election out too, it is a crying shame that the available candiddates are carrying on like they are. But the sad part of it is that most of the American people are tolerating it and are satisfied with the rhetoric. The American people should demand more from this group of candiddates, the only one that has showed some class and sense is John Kasich from Ohio.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 217

Watching Trump and Cruz this past week, I am voting for Hillary FOR SURE (even though Bernie would have been my first choice).

These 2 clowns are DANGEROUS. Thank GOD the SANE people of this country are thinking likewise.....Woman Very Happy

AND HILLARY COULD WIN TEXAS, SOUTH CAROLINA AND INDIANA, WHICH WOULD MAKE THE BLOWOUT EVEN BIGGER.........BOOM!!!!!!

"Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight says Hillary Clinton could win electoral college blowout over Donald Trump.

"Silver posted a map (below) showing which states he thinks are more likely to go red or blue in a Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump matchup. She wins all the big swing states such as Florida, Ohio and North Carolina. But then, because of Trump’s narrow appeal, some traditionally red states come into play. The map has Hillary winning Arizona and Georgia, for instance, twostates which tend to go republican.

"The final tally? Hillary would defeat Trump by an electoral college score of 374 to 164, making for one of the bigger blowouts in modern presidential election history."

FiveThirtyEight: Hillary Clinton could win electoral college blowout over Donald Trump

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/fivethirtyeight-hillary-clinton-could-win-electoral-college-blowout...

Hillary-Clinton-White-House

Here's what the map might look like in an election held today.

Embedded image

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/713036414745575424

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 217

I have always been a republican, except in voting for O'Bama, and what a mistake that was.  I am voting for Trump because he is a business man, and outsider to washington politics, and basicially

will tell you where to put it if he does not agree.  

I think if he is elected, he will put in great and knowledgable people on his cabinet, and tell the rest of them to go to hell.  Washington is full of crooks, dishonest politicians and we need a change.....

as soon as possible.

Plus we must put an end to the immigration problem, we are losing all the good jobs to those people and believe me I am not a bigot.  I am an American and proud of it.  My husband served 25 years in the Army, and he is not a happy man.

v.lee

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 217

I voted for Bernie in the Primary but I now know it will be Hillary. It seems "her time." In the end, Bernie will be, not only be supporting her, I know he will be part of her Administration. That will be a GREAT thing and the GOP'S nightmare.

And, yes, Trump and Cruz SCARE me. Now they are attacking each other's WIVES after saying they want to PATROL neighborhoods in THIS COUNTRY for Muslims.....aka....like the Nazi Brown Shirts did to Jews. 

Think about that................these are the GOP'S "choices." VERY SCARY indeed....Woman Frustrated

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 217

I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary, and I really hope he gets the nomination. I agree that the political system needs to change, and I think Bernie is the most likely candidate to make that happen, or at least carry us in that direction. Even if Bernie does not get the nomination, I will vote for the Democratic candidate.

All of the Republican candidates scare me; Trump most of all, but Cruz a close second. The way they talk, they can't wait to put their finger on the nuke button. In general, today's GOP seems committed to taking away people's rights, most particularly minorities, seniors, and our veterans. They love to give rights to corporations and the extremely wealthy at the expense of "regular" people and the environment.

The Congress we have today is obstructionist and not willing to compromise to get things done for the American people. Politics is about compromise - the political parties rarely agree with each other, so each party should be willing to negotiate or nothing ever gets done. Too far right or too far left are both dangerous; we need some balance.

Kudos
Views