You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who are you voting for and WHY?

Message 191 of 217

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 192 of 217

Whomever the Libertarian nominee is.

Why? Because they truly are the party that is different, not just a bunch of slogan-slinging same-old, same-old. I want to see most fed agencies eliminated and needed functions done at the state level. This is what the framers of the constitution intended, and the only way to get good governance, and representation, is to make it local.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 193 of 217

This is the first time in my memory that the two leading candidates of each party(Democrats and Republicans-Hillary and Trump) are the most disliked by voters of their own party.  My opinion is the two candidates that will run against each other in November will be Hillary and Rubio . The possible exception would be Kasich (who comes across as the only adult in the room when it comes to the debates). Bernie `s only chance is if Hillary is indicted for her many misdeeds. Of course Obama will give her a executive pardon but her political career will be over.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 194 of 217

THE MAIN REASON FOR VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT FOR PRESIDENT IS THAT THEY ARE NOT A REPUBLICAN.

IF THAT WINNING DEMOCRAT DOES NOTHING MORE THAN STOP A REPUBLICAN FROM BECOMING PRESIDENT, THAT PERSON WILL HAVE SAVED OUR COUNTRY FROM UTTER DESTRUCTION!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From your list of how the world will come to an end with a Republican President ,this is the only one that makes sense in a liberal`s mind. The rest is not factual. Bernie`s plan for tax increases will affect everyone and not just 1% of the rich. Doubling the national debt will bankrupt the country.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 195 of 217
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 196 of 217

@cat2015 wrote:

Cat, can you give us some accomplishments of Hillary's instead of dismissing Bernie's?   Everytime the question is asked, you bring up Bernie's legislation.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 197 of 217

@cat2015 wrote:

Mick, I don't see any plans at all on Sanders' web site. I see goals and aspirations, which I happen to agree with, but no specific plan.

Cat, the question was about Hillary's legislative accomplishments, not plans.  Every politician has a plan and they mean nothing but campaign rhetoric. 

You have been dismissing Bernie's accomplishments, so why don't you show that Hillary accomplished more.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 198 of 217

I answered a similar question about six months ago with basically the same response below .....

I will vote for whoever the Democratic Party nominates.

WHY?

Because it is in my best interests and in the best interests of most all non wealthy Americans, especially senior citizens.

- The Republican budget will eliminate traditional Medicare. I want Medicare. I do not want the minimalistic Republican vouchers.

- I do not want my tax increased as Republicans plan to do. The Republican budget will grant the wealthy massive tax breaks with the elimination of all tax brackets above 25%. The resulting loss in revenue will be paid for by massive tax increases on the middle class with elimination of the middle class tax bracket of 15%, elimination of middle class tax credits, elimination of tax deductions, elimination of tax exemptions.

- Seniors need to have their Social Security benefits increased, not decreased as Republicans plan to do with their plans to implement the Chained CPI to cut SS COLA and privatize Social Security.

- I do not want to see health care eliminated for millions of Americans with Republican plans to kill the ACA. Contrary to Republican beliefs, there is no need for millions of Americans to suffer and die while the wealthy obtain more wealth.

- I am sick and tired of all the Republican wars ..... killing and disabling thousands of Americans and continually adding trillions to our deficit.

- I do not want to see the divide between the wealthy and middle class continue to grow wider. Contrary to Republican beliefs, I prefer a Democracy to the Republican planned Plutocracy.

- Republican plans to cut benefits for the poor and disabled (including veterans), will place our country into the status of a third world country. People will literally be dying in the streets.

With a Republican controlled Congress, a Republican Presidency would be an enormous disaster for our country. The Republicans would be free to complete their plans for a Plutocracy and turn the lives of all non wealthy people (the 98%) into that of a third world country.

THE MAIN REASON FOR VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT FOR PRESIDENT IS THAT THEY ARE NOT A REPUBLICAN.

IF THAT WINNING DEMOCRAT DOES NOTHING MORE THAN STOP A REPUBLICAN FROM BECOMING PRESIDENT, THAT PERSON WILL HAVE SAVED OUR COUNTRY FROM UTTER DESTRUCTION!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 199 of 217

Mick, your list of Sanders' bills illustrates the problem. All of these bills were introduced during the last few months. Not only have none of them passed--they are given a 1% chance of passing. They are symbolic bills, not real legislation.

I have problems with Sanders voting against the Brady bill and voting to exempt gun manufacturers from civil liability. I also have a problem with his voting for the background check loophole that allowed Dylan Roof to purchase a gun without a background check, then go on to mass murder in Charleston. He hasn't been strong on regulating the gun industry.

As far as his legislative achievements, in 25 years in Congress only three of his bills have become law--and two of those bills were to rename post offices in Vermont.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 200 of 217

Careful, mick. Sanders is very, very vulnerable on his tenure as chairman of the Senate Veteran Affairs Committee. More liberal veterans' groups like the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America think Sanders dragged his heels on their complaints about the VA, and that he's exaggerating his record.

"Paul Rieckhoff, founder and CEO of the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, said Sanders largely ignored the appeals of organizations like his during a time when media and government reports exposed how veterans were waiting for months for appointments and VA officials were covering up the affair."

In other words, the VA scandal would be a point of attack for any Republican nominee, and Sanders was at the very center. He was the guy in charge of Senate oversight, and he minimized the problem. He only moved when he was forced to.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/14/politics/bernie-sanders-va/index.html

Kudos
Views