You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who are you voting for and WHY?

Message 211 of 217

I'm supporting Clinton because I think she's the smartest and most experienced candidate. She's a policy wonk like her husband, but I like policy wonks. She's also spent a lifetime devoted to causes I believe in--health care reform, women's issues, gun regulation, children's issues. I like her very specific plans for reducing prescription drug prices and making college more affordable (eliminating profiteering on student loans, letting young adults refinance their loans at lower rates, making community college tuition-free, etc.) I also like her opposition to Citizens United and her support for ending the carried-interest loophole.

She's the only candidate I would trust with foreign policy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 217

Mick, how can you vote for Trump if you support Sanders, and vice-versa? That doesn't make any sense. You do understand that they're radically different. Sanders is calling for Medicare for All and Trump wants to eliminate the estate tax and go head-to-head with Putin.

Neither one has proposed any specific plans to accomplish their goals.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 217

I'll be voting for either

1. Donald Trump

2. Bernie Sanders

Haven't decided for sure because I don;t know if either will make their parties nomination - I already voted for Sanders in the Primary

Why - tired of a corrupt system where the Establishment Candidates win - get into office - do nothing for The Elderly - The Poor - Working Families & The Middle Class - nothing compared to what they do for the 1 percent and big corporations even when they do nothing they are allowing the staus quo to continue and benefit the Already Rich & Polically Powerful

Doesn;t matter which Party wins - there is a unspoken agreement by all where all thats necessary is to blame the other side for why nothing meaningful evrer gets done to help the above constiuencies and the members of the Dumbest Society on the Planet have been happy with this scenario for 50 years

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 217
No disrespect taken. I disagree. I think there is really nothing one man can do. Especially since the political institution itself is the problem. We'd have to abolish "democracy" as we know it today to fix things, and that's just not going to happen in our lifetime.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 217
Don't give up! Empower yourself. At the very least, try to expose the corruption where you can. We make this country what it is, and (no offense) apathy is the worst attitude to take on the safety of future generations
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 217
It pains me to say this, but I probably won't vote this year. And I have voted EVERY year for the last 35 years or so...

I think the American political system is broken, and I long ago became disillusioned about its honesty, and integrity.

They have analyzed us to the point that their whole goal is to use mass media to manipulate our emotions. It's just a big con game.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Who are you voting for and WHY?

Message 217 of 217

I'm on the fence. Tell me about your candidate and why you will vote for them over the others.

Kudos
Views
Replies