Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Re: Who Else???

Message 11 of 29
@TxGrandpa2

Hillary Hillary, Hillary must be your room because you keep bring her up.
As for me I'm trying my very best to keep The Donald out of my room!
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 29

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Hillary Hillary again.
You just do not hold children hostage to get what you want.

No doubt that Hillary is the elephant in the room.

Are these children being held hostage or is it that they are being separated from those charged with a criminal act of entering the country illegally?  Remember that the children is being detained separately because of a law that a President William Jefferson Clinton signed.

"The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, Division C of Pub.L. 104–208, 110 Stat. 3009-546, enacted September 30, 1996 (often referred to as "i-RAI-ruh," and sometimes abbreviated as "IIRAIRA" or "IIRIRA") vastly changed the immigration laws of the United States."

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11515132/iirira-clinton-immigration

Please refrain from attempting to pull on heartstrings and political innuendo, but stick to facts.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 29

Hillary , Hillary , Hillary again Tex and you blast me for worrying about the Republican's plan to Cut Medicare and Social Security. The Republican's are currently planning those cuts , but what is Hillary doing to harm your life right now ?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 29

Epster wrote IP: . We cannot release kids without parents. We cannot release the criminal parents (they crossed illegally, they are criminals). In the United States, we are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW.

This applies to citizens and the "strangers who are within our gates", but these strangers are poor and not Norwegian, so Republicans want them persecuted.

Previously (pre-Trump), parents were given a hearing, a court date, and released WITH THEIR CHILDREN. Now many chose not to return because they are not stupid and realized what their chances are with a Nazi POTUS.

They heard the Truth that the Nazi POTUS appointed other Nazis to hear their appeals, and deny them en masse without allowing any to speak on their own behalf and DEFINITLY not with legal representation.They also heard of the many who returned home only to be murdered by the ones they fled to America to escape.

This is highly a efficient way to dispose of undesirables, but so was Treblinka, and while at Treblinka the killing was done by the Government 'on-site", sending these people back to where they came from so OTHERS will kill them seems not to be a meaningful distinction.

Epster again: So we have this situation, wholly caused by illegal immigrants. Another Republican lie. The Sixth Amendment provides that a defendant must be granted a "speedy trial" and a century of legal precedence has established that to mean the Government cannot detain anyone for more than 72 hours without formal charges.

If Republicans had any regard for the Law, they would provide the resources to ensure the 6th Amendment is upheld, and that arrangements were made to care for the children ON SITE for the MAXIMUM of 72 hours that the parents can legally be detained.

But that would cost money, deny Republicans the joy of ripping infants from their mother's arms, AND BLAMING DEMOCRATS FOR IT HAPPENING while solving a serious problem that does not impact rich white people.

Obviously no Republican would support such a thing, and for proof I offer the FACT not a single Republican has produced any alternative to their continued process of denying due process to parents and removing infants from their mother's breast just to show the mom who's boss.

As for Dems needing a "war cry" for the upcoming elections, Der Trumper has already provided more than enough - now the GOPer base have provided one that stretches all the way across their party - Republicans are the party of child abuse, and proud of it!

Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 29
And I do not want The Donald in charge of My Checkbook.
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 29

@TxGrandpa2

Hillary Hillary again.
You just do not hold children hostage to get what you want.
We have an immigration problem so solve it the Great I Can Make a Deal Man, but not w/children as your deal.

How desperate he is to make a deal using babies and kids to get his wall we are going to pay for w/our taxes.
We as Dem. or Indp. might be all wrong in your eyes, but when you see your taxes go up for this Wall and all the housing for these kids, then come and tell us how right you all have been.

How do you really think the kids being held, and the Wall are going to be paid, by The Donald, think again.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 29

@Epster wrote:

And because the DEMs sorely need a mid-term war cry, we have this sudden big concern over the kids rather than concern over our laws.

Yes, and came at a convenient time.  The last charge was after Hillary failed to obtain the required votes to elect her.  They attacked the constitutional requirements.  And now they are concerned then that they won't be able to elect majority to control Congress.

Crying 'think of the children' has been a surf-fire way of making an issue. Look at the media hysteria as a result.  There is nothing the government can do that there isn't complaints.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 29

Caged boarding schools , President Trump will teach those kids a lesson !

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 19 of 29

This sounds about right:

"The president and his team know exactly how evil this policy is: If they didn’t, myriad officials wouldn’t be blaming it, dishonestly, on the Democrats; or pretending that Congress can solve the problem when it has actually been created by the Trump administration; or ludicrously arguing, as the Fox News pundit Laura Ingraham has done, that the child jails resemble “boarding schools.”

Trump’s admirers see no moral case: Morality is for losers, apparently. Cruelty is for winners. And this will be the long-term effect of vice-signaling: it makes its proponents, and its audiences, vicious themselves."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/06/20/in-trumps-world-morality-is-for-lo...

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 29

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
You know who else is separated from their kids? Every soldier & police officer KILLED while DEFENDING our safety!
  •  

Excellent point.

Even those who have not lost their lives suffer from prolonged absence from their friends and families.

What  a travesty of the truth.    comparing our dead heroes that fought for a  free country and a Democratic system now being bandied about in the  issue of migrant children being separated from their parent.

Please.  reflect before it is too late and you are completely lost. The inmorality of any of this. Thank God that my church the Catholic church has actually spoken and condemners this practice as immoral.

Is your Catholic Church, the same Catholic Church that condemns abortion??

You must not be a church goer, otherwise you woulen't ask that question

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507