Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Whitehouse will get the shutdown it wanted.

Message 41 of 61

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump is causing the shutdown and says he will own it. Funny how trump supporters seem to support a shutdown as long as trump wants it.

Who cares if it shuts down? Do you?

Anyone with good sense does and yes, that includes me.

So, you want it open because you have good sense but don't know why you want it opened.  I understand now.

Of course I want the government "kept open", but this isn't about anything being "opened", it's about trump shutting down the government. No, it looks like you don't understand. You don't understand the cost of shutting down the government, do you? 

It's really simple: opened is the opposite of closed (for liberals).

Still stuck on opened and closed?  What is the cost of a government shutdown? Have you even thought of that or researched it at all? Perhaps not, you haven't answered.

You are the one stuck on open or closed.  To me, when the government is open, they are passing rules and legislation that will not benefit me at all, so it benefits me when they're closed.  I realize to government employees, they look at the closure as a paid vacation so money gets wasted either way at least with no onerous laws passed.  Please tell me how being "open" benefits me. I'm sure being open benefits YOU.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 61

The Little Bully in the Playground is in charge of this fight, he wants what he wants.  He wants a Wall  at the expense of anyone, he wants his d************* Wall. 

I still want to know why he Promised Mexico to pay for The Wall now he wants us to pay for it?

Then Again he bargins with a shut down as his weapon to win this fight.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 61

As Easy asked "Who cares if the government shuts down?"  

Well, he has a point. If Trump shuts the government down just before Christmas, all those ripple effects will begin working their way through the country. The stock market will take a huge hit. Thousands of government workers knowing their pay may be delayed for months will stop spending. There will be all kinds of inconveniences and hardships reported in the paper each day. Trump will Tweet stupid threats making negotiations impossible. 

Then, the Democrats will take control of the government. An omnibus spending bill, without a border wall, will rush though congress and end up on Trump's desk.  He will veto the bill over the border wall funding. Congress will convene and override his veto because the Republicans won't be able to stand the heat anymore.  Trump will be furious and strike out at his fellow Republicans who will have to answer in kind.   Multiple Republicans will announce a primary challenge to Trump. 

Nancy and Chuck will  open a bottle of champagne. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump is causing the shutdown and says he will own it. Funny how trump supporters seem to support a shutdown as long as trump wants it.

So, you want it open because you have good sense but don't know why you want it opened.  I understand now.

Of course I want the government "kept open", but this isn't about anything being "opened", it's about trump shutting down the government. No, it looks like you don't understand. You don't understand the cost of shutting down the government, do you? 

Still stuck on opened and closed?  What is the cost of a government shutdown? Have you even thought of that or researched it at all? Perhaps not, you haven't answered.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 61

Richva:   Oh my God. You really can't understand what closing the government does, do you?

Understanding the obvious isn't their forte. Ever pull the tab on a can of coffee and there's that swoosh sound as air rushes into the vacuum? Well..................................

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It is simple. If you own a McDonald's and the manager you hire can't keep it open, you fire the manager.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 61

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oh my God. You really can't understand what closing the government does, do you? First, all those people will be told to go home for the weeks or months and then Congress will vote to pay them for that time. So, you get to pay for work you are not getting. 

Then, anyone required to work will not get a paycheck during that time. So, anyone living on the edge will have to quit and go elsewhere. When the government comes back, they will have to hire thousands of new staff, train them, and wait for them to become experienced. A huge waste. 

No passports will be processed  so if your company  planned to send the critical person overseas in a few weeks or months, they may get caught in the backlog. 

Income tax audits will stop and no tax help will be available. Leave it to the Republicans to stop our funding sources.  

Federal contractors will stop being paid and they will lay off their staff.  So, all those folks who keep the lights on are going to be looking for a new paycheck in the interim. They are also not covered by the retroactive pay reimbursement. 

Yeah. I can see why we never, ever, let Republicans run the country. They can't keep it open and don't understand why they should. 

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!   Who cares?

Rational, intelligent Americans, that's "who" !!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 61

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 61

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oh my God. You really can't understand what closing the government does, do you? First, all those people will be told to go home for the weeks or months and then Congress will vote to pay them for that time. So, you get to pay for work you are not getting. 

Then, anyone required to work will not get a paycheck during that time. So, anyone living on the edge will have to quit and go elsewhere. When the government comes back, they will have to hire thousands of new staff, train them, and wait for them to become experienced. A huge waste. 

No passports will be processed  so if your company  planned to send the critical person overseas in a few weeks or months, they may get caught in the backlog. 

Income tax audits will stop and no tax help will be available. Leave it to the Republicans to stop our funding sources.  

Federal contractors will stop being paid and they will lay off their staff.  So, all those folks who keep the lights on are going to be looking for a new paycheck in the interim. They are also not covered by the retroactive pay reimbursement. 

Yeah. I can see why we never, ever, let Republicans run the country. They can't keep it open and don't understand why they should. 

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!   Who cares?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors