Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

White Supremacy Problem

http://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-has-a-white-supremacy-problem-dems-dont-have-an-antifa-problem

 

GOP Has a White Supremacy Problem. Dems Don’t Have an Antifa Problem.

 

These calls from the right demanding that Democrats rebuke antifa are absurd. Democrats never coddled anarchists. Republicans and race-haters, on the other hand…

 

Let’s put it bluntly: Antifa is not part of the Democratic Party, while white supremacists are part of the GOP.

 

 

To be honest I didn't know about Antifa before Charlottesville. 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

   Someone is making assumptions about my POV.    Never ASSUME - because it does have a tendancy to backfire quite spectuarly.     

   So before that happens, here is a suggestion:   go back through all my comments for that past year or so and you will determine for yourself how many times I have been calling out the Republicans for their White Supremist rhetoric.    

 

     I have been consistent and regardless of the framing that someone wants to attempt to label me with.   I don't hate anyone ( that is a Republican frame) , I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again - which is exactly a going backwards re: racism / racist / White Supremacists.     

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Someone is making assumptions about my POV.    Never ASSUME - because it does have a tendancy to backfire quite spectuarly.     

   So before that happens, here is a suggestion:   go back through all my comments for that past year or so and you will determine for yourself how many times I have been calling out the Republicans for their White Supremist rhetoric.    

 

     I have been consistent and regardless of the framing that someone wants to attempt to label me with.   I don't hate anyone ( that is a Republican frame) , I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again - which is exactly a going backwards re: racism / racist / White Supremacists.     


See, now there you go again - "make White America great again". No one in the Administration and no Conservative I know of has taken that position.

 

Surely it is possibly to disagree on ideological grounds without making up such hate filled false, insulting claims.

0 Kudos
504 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Someone is making assumptions about my POV.    Never ASSUME - because it does have a tendancy to backfire quite spectuarly.     

   So before that happens, here is a suggestion:   go back through all my comments for that past year or so and you will determine for yourself how many times I have been calling out the Republicans for their White Supremist rhetoric.    

 

     I have been consistent and regardless of the framing that someone wants to attempt to label me with.   I don't hate anyone ( that is a Republican frame) , I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again - which is exactly a going backwards re: racism / racist / White Supremacists.     


See, now there you go again - "make White America great again". No one in the Administration and no Conservative I know of has taken that position.

 

Surely it is possibly to disagree on ideological grounds without making up such hate filled false, insulting claims.


you should try that sometime.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:




Keep in mind that the KKK, Nazi etc. have taken over the Reb. party after they joined it when the Dems. got rid of them when Johnson was President. There were a lot who left the Reb. party because of that. Just watch TV and you will see a lot of them on it saying how sad it was to watch. The really sad thing is the people who remain in the Reb. party do not even realize what they are part of now. You see that show up all the time by talking to the current party members.


Keep in mind that there is no such a thing as a "Reb. Party" and the rest is just the current Party Line.

 

However, once we get past the silliness of Nazis and the KKK, there is an element of change. The reason that Trump is our President is that the average person is a) tired of the establishment (on the Republican side); and b) unhappy with the leftward drift (on the Democratic side).

 

Now, you can look to Mississippi in 1965 to find your world or you can look at contemporary America for reality.

0 Kudos
430 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:




Keep in mind that the KKK, Nazi etc. have taken over the Reb. party after they joined it when the Dems. got rid of them when Johnson was President. There were a lot who left the Reb. party because of that. Just watch TV and you will see a lot of them on it saying how sad it was to watch. The really sad thing is the people who remain in the Reb. party do not even realize what they are part of now. You see that show up all the time by talking to the current party members.


Keep in mind that there is no such a thing as a "Reb. Party" and the rest is just the current Party Line.

 

However, once we get past the silliness of Nazis and the KKK, there is an element of change. The reason that Trump is our President is that the average person is a) tired of the establishment (on the Republican side); and b) unhappy with the leftward drift (on the Democratic side).

 

Now, you can look to Mississippi in 1965 to find your world or you can look at contemporary America for reality.


Isn't there supposed to be a benediction at the end of the white supremacy sermon?

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Someone is making assumptions about my POV.    Never ASSUME - because it does have a tendancy to backfire quite spectuarly.     

   So before that happens, here is a suggestion:   go back through all my comments for that past year or so and you will determine for yourself how many times I have been calling out the Republicans for their White Supremist rhetoric.    

 

     I have been consistent and regardless of the framing that someone wants to attempt to label me with.   I don't hate anyone ( that is a Republican frame) , I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again - which is exactly a going backwards re: racism / racist / White Supremacists.     


See, now there you go again - "make White America great again". No one in the Administration and no Conservative I know of has taken that position.

 

Surely it is possibly to disagree on ideological grounds without making up such hate filled false, insulting claims.


you should try that sometime.


 

 


Keep in mind that the KKK, Nazi etc. have taken over the Reb. party after they joined it when the Dems. got rid of them when Johnson was President. There were a lot who left the Reb. party because of that. Just watch TV and you will see a lot of them on it saying how sad it was to watch. The really sad thing is the people who remain in the Reb. party do not even realize what they are part of now. You see that show up all the time by talking to the current party members.

Honored Social Butterfly

afisher posted..

I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again - which is exactly a going backwards re: racism / racist / White Supremacists.

===========================================================

"I just disagree with their operating philosophy of make White America great again"

And my I ask how you would even think that is a true statement?
0 Kudos
534 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Let's try that "null-hypothesis" thingie again - Imagine Der Trumper and the GOP are NOT racist. To prove it, all you need to do is locate legislation they've supported or passed that benefits ALL Americans equally, so what'd you find?

 

Repeal Obamacare - Sorry, that adversely impacts the poor, who are disproportionatily non-white and benefits Insurance company executives who are almost exclusivily white.

 

Block immigration by Muslims - no further explanation necessary

 

Move to deport undocumented workers but ignore the ones who gave them the jobs that brought them here. Again, no cigar.

 

Move to deport the "dreamers" who committed no crime but will be deported. Do you really need and explanation?

 

Refuse to fix Social Security by raising the "cap" instead of cutting benefits.

 

Move to privatize the Post Office by eliminating retirement for new employees.

 

Huge increases for Defense, but only to buy new toys the services neither want nor need while freezing military pay and benefits.

 

Huge tax cuts for the top 1%, increases for everyone else. Are you serious???

 

So, seems there are NO Republican programs or proposals that support minorities equally with whites, the null hypothesis cannot be proven, and it's alternative (Der Trumper and the Republicans ARE racist) is proven. QED

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

Let's try that "null-hypothesis" thingie again - Imagine Der Trumper and the GOP are NOT racist. To prove it, all you need to do is locate legislation they've supported or passed that benefits ALL Americans equally, so what'd you find?

 

Repeal Obamacare - Sorry, that adversely impacts the poor, who are disproportionatily non-white and benefits Insurance company executives who are almost exclusivily white.

So, all poor people are black and all white people are rich. Sounds like more of the radical left racism. Strange how they always and only see the racism in others.

 

Block immigration by Muslims - no further explanation necessary

Was that the Muslims from the countries that Obama said needed additional scrutiny. Sounds like you are calling Obama a racist.

 

Move to deport undocumented workers but ignore the ones who gave them the jobs that brought them here. Again, no cigar.

All the workers are "another race" and all the employers are "not another race"????? Sounds a bit racist.

 

Move to deport the "dreamers" who committed no crime but will be deported. Do you really need and explanation?

They are not legal residents based on the law, Your point???

 

Refuse to fix Social Security by raising the "cap" instead of cutting benefits.

Only minorities collect SS????   More left wing racism - as well as being weird.

 

Move to privatize the Post Office by eliminating retirement for new employees.

Only White Supremacists are hired by the PO???? It gets stranger and stranger.

 

Huge increases for Defense, but only to buy new toys the services neither want nor need while freezing military pay and benefits.

DOD only protects white citizens??? Maybe you better stick to GOPerLords, neoRepublican, Uberrich, etc. Things get very strange when you venture into new territory.

 

Huge tax cuts for the top 1%, increases for everyone else. Are you serious???

Racism???

 

So, seems there are NO Republican programs or proposals that support minorities equally with whites, the null hypothesis cannot be proven, and it's alternative (Der Trumper and the Republicans ARE racist) is proven. QED

Now that gets right to it. To the non-racist Republicans, programs are designed to help Americans. To the left, there aren't "Americans" - there are these Americans and those Americans but no Americans.

 

 


 

0 Kudos
495 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

   Apparently some are now attempting to make the argument that the White Nationalists have no history.  

     They didn't exist during the segregationist period  of the 1920's when thousands of Confederate statues were errected to remind the African Americans in the US that they were still subjugated to hatred and bigotry.     Birth of a Nation, the racist movie that was played in the WH was just a "lark".  

     Nor, is the current incarnation of White Supremist hasn't been endorsed by the Republicans.    The Heritage Foundation isn't a  top Republican think tank and their special vetting process didn't uncover the racism in his past or cared much about it until AFTER it published his article on "hispanic IQ".       Nope, no racism or white supremists exist in the Republican party.   

      Richard Spencer is just a good ole boy and his money had no effect on the election either.  

 

      The point being, that Jeff Sessions has a current history of speaking about the dismissal of the 1924 law as a terrible turning point for White People in the USA.    Republicans can deny this all day long, that doesn't make them correct.    The one thing that this strain of republicanism is very good at is denial, but that too will come back to bite them.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Apparently some are now attempting to make the argument that the White Nationalists have no history.  

I can't imagine anyone saying a silly think like that. Any mindset you can name has existed as long as man has existed.

     They didn't exist during the segregationist period  of the 1920's when thousands of Confederate statues were errected to remind the African Americans in the US that they were still subjugated to hatred and bigotry.     Birth of a Nation, the racist movie that was played in the WH was just a "lark".  

     Nor, is the current incarnation of White Supremist hasn't been endorsed by the Republicans.    

Now that is going overboard. 

The Heritage Foundation isn't a  top Republican think tank and their special vetting process didn't uncover the racism in his past or cared much about it until AFTER it published his article on "hispanic IQ".       Nope, no racism or white supremists exist in the Republican party.   

If that is the basis of your offensive comment, some proof they knew about his "term paper" is needed. 

      Richard Spencer is just a good ole boy and his money had no effect on the election either.  

Do you know otherwise. Did you also track the campaign contributions of CPUSA or Soros or BLM??

 

      The point being, that Jeff Sessions has a current history of speaking about the dismissal of the 1924 law as a terrible turning point for White People in the USA.    Republicans can deny this all day long, that doesn't make them correct.    The one thing that this strain of republicanism is very good at is denial, but that too will come back to bite them.  

 

He was, of course, talking about controlling immigration based on our needs not on the needs of the immigrants.

 

Now, let's talk about that horrible law you think he praised. Did FDR try to dump it? How about HST? - JFK?

 

I am nor defending the law but I am pointing out that, in your hatred, you are really going overboard.


 

0 Kudos
397 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Apparently some are now attempting to make the argument that the White Nationalists have no history.  

I can't imagine anyone saying a silly think like that. Any mindset you can name has existed as long as man has existed.

     They didn't exist during the segregationist period  of the 1920's when thousands of Confederate statues were errected to remind the African Americans in the US that they were still subjugated to hatred and bigotry.     Birth of a Nation, the racist movie that was played in the WH was just a "lark".  

     Nor, is the current incarnation of White Supremist hasn't been endorsed by the Republicans.    

Now that is going overboard. 

The Heritage Foundation isn't a  top Republican think tank and their special vetting process didn't uncover the racism in his past or cared much about it until AFTER it published his article on "hispanic IQ".       Nope, no racism or white supremists exist in the Republican party.   

If that is the basis of your offensive comment, some proof they knew about his "term paper" is needed. 

      Richard Spencer is just a good ole boy and his money had no effect on the election either.  

Do you know otherwise. Did you also track the campaign contributions of CPUSA or Soros or BLM??

 

      The point being, that Jeff Sessions has a current history of speaking about the dismissal of the 1924 law as a terrible turning point for White People in the USA.    Republicans can deny this all day long, that doesn't make them correct.    The one thing that this strain of republicanism is very good at is denial, but that too will come back to bite them.  

 

He was, of course, talking about controlling immigration based on our needs not on the needs of the immigrants.

 

Now, let's talk about that horrible law you think he praised. Did FDR try to dump it? How about HST? - JFK?

 

I am nor defending the law but I am pointing out that, in your hatred, you are really going overboard.


 


hatred lol. 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Apparently some are now attempting to make the argument that the White Nationalists have no history.  

I can't imagine anyone saying a silly think like that. Any mindset you can name has existed as long as man has existed.

     They didn't exist during the segregationist period  of the 1920's when thousands of Confederate statues were errected to remind the African Americans in the US that they were still subjugated to hatred and bigotry.     Birth of a Nation, the racist movie that was played in the WH was just a "lark".  

     Nor, is the current incarnation of White Supremist hasn't been endorsed by the Republicans.    

Now that is going overboard. 

The Heritage Foundation isn't a  top Republican think tank and their special vetting process didn't uncover the racism in his past or cared much about it until AFTER it published his article on "hispanic IQ".       Nope, no racism or white supremists exist in the Republican party.   

If that is the basis of your offensive comment, some proof they knew about his "term paper" is needed. 

      Richard Spencer is just a good ole boy and his money had no effect on the election either.  

Do you know otherwise. Did you also track the campaign contributions of CPUSA or Soros or BLM??

 

      The point being, that Jeff Sessions has a current history of speaking about the dismissal of the 1924 law as a terrible turning point for White People in the USA.    Republicans can deny this all day long, that doesn't make them correct.    The one thing that this strain of republicanism is very good at is denial, but that too will come back to bite them.  

 

He was, of course, talking about controlling immigration based on our needs not on the needs of the immigrants.

 

Now, let's talk about that horrible law you think he praised. Did FDR try to dump it? How about HST? - JFK?

 

I am nor defending the law but I am pointing out that, in your hatred, you are really going overboard.


 


hatred lol. 


Now there is an item for a bulletin board.

0 Kudos
501 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

  Mr. Wisdom seems not to comprehend or know anything about history.  

 

  Jeff Sessions has been endorsing the 1924 Johnson-Reed Act  that overtly embraced White Nationalism for years?    Not only that, he has complained about it's demise for decades - that is White Nationalism.    

 

    People can say that  White Nationalist are "new" and that is a huge lie.    If only they would perform a bit of due diligence, they would learn for themselves that they are wrong.     Try looking up the National Policy Institute (they have a wiki page).     How about the Alternate Right they too have a wki page.

 

     Just because someone doesn't know the facts of which they complain, in no way makes them correct to deny what does in fact exist.     https://www.wired.com/2016/10/alt-right-grew-obscure-racist-cabal/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

  Mr. Wisdom seems not to comprehend or know anything about history.  

 

  Jeff Sessions has been endorsing the 1924 Johnson-Reed Act  that overtly embraced White Nationalism for years?    Not only that, he has complained about it's demise for decades - that is White Nationalism.    

 

    People can say that  White Nationalist are "new" and that is a huge lie.    If only they would perform a bit of due diligence, they would learn for themselves that they are wrong.     Try looking up the National Policy Institute (they have a wiki page).     How about the Alternate Right they too have a wki page.

 

     Just because someone doesn't know the facts of which they complain, in no way makes them correct to deny what does in fact exist.     https://www.wired.com/2016/10/alt-right-grew-obscure-racist-cabal/


from the time it was formed in 1905, the IWW has sometimes attended Klan rallies.. sometimes with deadly result. so..the govt put down the IWW.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

  Mr. Wisdom seems not to comprehend or know anything about history.  

 

  Jeff Sessions has been endorsing the 1924 Johnson-Reed Act  that overtly embraced White Nationalism for years?    Not only that, he has complained about it's demise for decades - that is White Nationalism.    

 

    People can say that  White Nationalist are "new" and that is a huge lie.    If only they would perform a bit of due diligence, they would learn for themselves that they are wrong.     Try looking up the National Policy Institute (they have a wiki page).     How about the Alternate Right they too have a wki page.

 

     Just because someone doesn't know the facts of which they complain, in no way makes them correct to deny what does in fact exist.     https://www.wired.com/2016/10/alt-right-grew-obscure-racist-cabal/


A 1924 law??? Come on, Harry Byrd was a Grand Poopah or some such. 

 

Who said that White Nationalism was new - you keep making things up to fight about.

 

Yes, those groups have a web page. So so CPUSA Think Progress, BLM, New Blcak Panther Party, La Raza, Wobblies, etc. etc. etc.

 

There are radical groups out there yet some support, for example, antifa and attack fellow posters who have condemned the Nazis. They are attacked for defending the Constitution.

 

And then the left attacks the right while using the SPLC as "proof".

0 Kudos
362 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.

0 Kudos
374 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?

0 Kudos
455 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?


Sorry. Call me an Antifa supporter. If i was in the shape i was just 15 years ago...id be there. Ive been reading the REDNECK REVOLT page, and it interesting. they dont call themselves antifa, are mostly white, and like to show up wherever the white  supremecists are recruiting, and to act as armed protection for people the nazi's wish to attack. they will soon be outlawed tho, for one reason. they are a colorless, anti white supremecy, group for the poor and working class. the govt will not tolerate that.

 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?


Sorry. Call me an Antifa supporter. If i was in the shape i was just 15 years ago...id be there. Ive been reading the REDNECK REVOLT page, and it interesting. they dont call themselves antifa, are mostly white, and like to show up wherever the white  supremecists are recruiting, and to act as armed protection for people the nazi's wish to attack. they will soon be outlawed tho, for one reason. they are a colorless, anti white supremecy, group for the poor and working class. the govt will not tolerate that.

 


Two points:

1) The above must be based on a belief that law enforcement is unable or unwilling to do it's job;

2) Based on it's web site it doesn't do anything except "report" and prepare for something in the future. In other words, they have a history and a planned future, but no present.

 

Here is their view of antifa - "Antifa tactics, and the philosophy behind those tactics, is also clear. They believe that fascist and violent racist groups have to be confronted in their infancy, when they number in the dozens, lest they soon number in the thousands or even millions. The antifa's primary tactics are nonviolent — protests, online research, naming and shaming — but they also believe that violence is an appropriate response to inherently violent ideologies".

 

It appears they advocate aggressive action, not just defensive actions. In other words, deciding that certain groups have no right to exist and that they (antifa) not the law must eliminate them.

0 Kudos
424 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?


Sorry. Call me an Antifa supporter. If i was in the shape i was just 15 years ago...id be there. Ive been reading the REDNECK REVOLT page, and it interesting. they dont call themselves antifa, are mostly white, and like to show up wherever the white  supremecists are recruiting, and to act as armed protection for people the nazi's wish to attack. they will soon be outlawed tho, for one reason. they are a colorless, anti white supremecy, group for the poor and working class. the govt will not tolerate that.

 


Two points:

1) The above must be based on a belief that law enforcement is unable or unwilling to do it's job;

2) Based on it's web site it doesn't do anything except "report" and prepare for something in the future. In other words, they have a history and a planned future, but no present.

 

Here is their view of antifa - "Antifa tactics, and the philosophy behind those tactics, is also clear. They believe that fascist and violent racist groups have to be confronted in their infancy, when they number in the dozens, lest they soon number in the thousands or even millions. The antifa's primary tactics are nonviolent — protests, online research, naming and shaming — but they also believe that violence is an appropriate response to inherently violent ideologies".

 

It appears they advocate aggressive action, not just defensive actions. In other words, deciding that certain groups have no right to exist and that they (antifa) not the law must eliminate them.


in the absence of law enforcement yes. for 250 years or so the government in combination with American moneyed interests HAS been an oppressive force against the poor and working class, who far outnumber said oppresive forces. They believe racism was created by said forces to keep the working class and poor fighting each other, instead of the real oppressor. That is also documented back to the 1600's in colonial government documents. Reaction against oppression or oppressive forces is not a crime.

 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?


Sorry. Call me an Antifa supporter. If i was in the shape i was just 15 years ago...id be there. Ive been reading the REDNECK REVOLT page, and it interesting. they dont call themselves antifa, are mostly white, and like to show up wherever the white  supremecists are recruiting, and to act as armed protection for people the nazi's wish to attack. they will soon be outlawed tho, for one reason. they are a colorless, anti white supremecy, group for the poor and working class. the govt will not tolerate that.

 


Two points:

1) The above must be based on a belief that law enforcement is unable or unwilling to do it's job;

2) Based on it's web site it doesn't do anything except "report" and prepare for something in the future. In other words, they have a history and a planned future, but no present.

 

Here is their view of antifa - "Antifa tactics, and the philosophy behind those tactics, is also clear. They believe that fascist and violent racist groups have to be confronted in their infancy, when they number in the dozens, lest they soon number in the thousands or even millions. The antifa's primary tactics are nonviolent — protests, online research, naming and shaming — but they also believe that violence is an appropriate response to inherently violent ideologies".

 

It appears they advocate aggressive action, not just defensive actions. In other words, deciding that certain groups have no right to exist and that they (antifa) not the law must eliminate them.


in the absence of law enforcement yes. for 250 years or so the government in combination with American moneyed interests HAS been an oppressive force against the poor and working class, who far outnumber said oppresive forces. They believe racism was created by said forces to keep the working class and poor fighting each other, instead of the real oppressor. That is also documented back to the 1600's in colonial government documents. Reaction against oppression or oppressive forces is not a crime.

 


When one considers that when compared to the Colonial British, Nazis, Fascists, Marxists, Leninsts and Communists - it's obvious that the current trump/white supremacist/racist/conservative/republican movement is equally wrong - and just plain evil - making reaction against those oppressive forces downright patriotic - just like our founding fathers...

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Let's be really clear here, the White Supremists are not new to the Republican Party, they ARE the Republican Party.   

 

     The conservative majority on America’s Supreme Court in 2013 invalidated two key provisions of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. Rather than rallying around the need to reinstitute the VRA, Republican politicians across the country exploited the law’s absence. In the aftermath of the decennial redistricting, state legislators packed and cracked communities of color into racially gerrymandered districts that “surgically targeted” African Americans and Latinos to dilute their political clout. The egregious, explicit racism in these electoral districts  have forced the justice system to invalidate maps in North CarolinaTexasAlabama, and Virginia in the last few years alone. Weighing the fact that dozens of other have slanted their electoral maps so as to pack the majority of their populations of color into a handful of seats, it’s apparent that this strategy is systematic.


Part of the misunderstanding about this "White Supremacist" meme that is so popular among the radical left is based on having only one way of looking at things and that one way is via the prism of racism. 

 

For example, if SCOTUS interprets Constitutionally, the Constitution is not looked at by the left. They only look at the contemporary effect of the ruling. And even that vision is often based on assumed effects.


ahh yes that radical left again. I just read a mennonite sermon that basically said while violence is not their way, the antifa fights for their beliefs. the antifa isnt all radical leftists. its those who oppose white supremacy. its a lot of folks.

 


Fine  - antifa fights for it's beliefs (the end of America as we know it). The Nazis fight for their beliefs (you name them). So, can we agree they are both wrong and we are neither?


Sorry. Call me an Antifa supporter. If i was in the shape i was just 15 years ago...id be there. Ive been reading the REDNECK REVOLT page, and it interesting. they dont call themselves antifa, are mostly white, and like to show up wherever the white  supremecists are recruiting, and to act as armed protection for people the nazi's wish to attack. they will soon be outlawed tho, for one reason. they are a colorless, anti white supremecy, group for the poor and working class. the govt will not tolerate that.

 


Two points:

1) The above must be based on a belief that law enforcement is unable or unwilling to do it's job;

2) Based on it's web site it doesn't do anything except "report" and prepare for something in the future. In other words, they have a history and a planned future, but no present.

 

Here is their view of antifa - "Antifa tactics, and the philosophy behind those tactics, is also clear. They believe that fascist and violent racist groups have to be confronted in their infancy, when they number in the dozens, lest they soon number in the thousands or even millions. The antifa's primary tactics are nonviolent — protests, online research, naming and shaming — but they also believe that violence is an appropriate response to inherently violent ideologies".

 

It appears they advocate aggressive action, not just defensive actions. In other words, deciding that certain groups have no right to exist and that they (antifa) not the law must eliminate them.


in the absence of law enforcement yes. for 250 years or so the government in combination with American moneyed interests HAS been an oppressive force against the poor and working class, who far outnumber said oppresive forces. They believe racism was created by said forces to keep the working class and poor fighting each other, instead of the real oppressor. That is also documented back to the 1600's in colonial government documents. Reaction against oppression or oppressive forces is not a crime.

 


Let's focus - are the police not doing their job today to the point that we need vigilantes?

0 Kudos
398 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@gruffstuff wrote:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-has-a-white-supremacy-problem-dems-dont-have-an-antifa-problem

 

GOP Has a White Supremacy Problem. Dems Don’t Have an Antifa Problem.

 

These calls from the right demanding that Democrats rebuke antifa are absurd. Democrats never coddled anarchists. Republicans and race-haters, on the other hand…

 

Let’s put it bluntly: Antifa is not part of the Democratic Party, while white supremacists are part of the GOP.

 

 

To be honest I didn't know about Antifa before Charlottesville. 

 

 


The entire concept of one Party being racist and the other not is based of faulty definitions and biases.

 

If a Kluxer pulls the "R" lever and a Black Nationalist pulls the "D" lever does  not define either Party (or both, your choice).

 

As to coddling anarchists - technically that is true since the Democratic Party has not made a public statement on their behalf. But, look at the statements of pols, the media, and our posters. And, you mentioned rebuking - has the Democratic Party done so?

 

As to who is part of what Party - that is so subjective that it really shouldn't even be offered without a mountain of proof.

 

Is antifa part of the Democratic Party - technically no. But it does seem quite obvious that they are the "shock troops" of the "Resistance".

 

As to when antifa appeared on the scene - think back to every demonstration turned riot where you saw those Guy Fawkes masks and you'll get a perspective. They were also part of the "Occupy" movement.

0 Kudos
351 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

rk posted..

The entire concept of one Party being racist and the other not is based of faulty definitions and biases.

============================================

I agree. Anyone that has the ability to reason would know that. But we do have people that do not want to reason...they just want to agitate.

Honored Social Butterfly

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-has-a-white-supremacy-problem-dems-dont-have-an-antifa-problem

 

GOP Has a White Supremacy Problem. Dems Don’t Have an Antifa Problem.

 

These calls from the right demanding that Democrats rebuke antifa are absurd. Democrats never coddled anarchists. Republicans and race-haters, on the other hand…

 

Let’s put it bluntly: Antifa is not part of the Democratic Party, while white supremacists are part of the GOP.

 

 

To be honest I didn't know about Antifa before Charlottesville. 

 

 


The entire concept of one Party being racist and the other not is based of faulty definitions and biases.

 

If a Kluxer pulls the "R" lever and a Black Nationalist pulls the "D" lever does  not define either Party (or both, your choice).

 

As to coddling anarchists - technically that is true since the Democratic Party has not made a public statement on their behalf. But, look at the statements of pols, the media, and our posters. And, you mentioned rebuking - has the Democratic Party done so?

 

As to who is part of what Party - that is so subjective that it really shouldn't even be offered without a mountain of proof.

 

Is antifa part of the Democratic Party - technically no. But it does seem quite obvious that they are the "shock troops" of the "Resistance".

 

As to when antifa appeared on the scene - think back to every demonstration turned riot where you saw those Guy Fawkes masks and you'll get a perspective. They were also part of the "Occupy" movement.


Were they verifiably so?

Or is that posted "opinion" much more due to the kind of distorted perception that's a result of viewing through the warped and twisted lens of the kind of conservatism that made a crackpot like Goldwater and a crook like Nixon appear to be honest and honorable - when in fact they were nothing of the sort?

 

The GOP's problem is that trump is (wealthy) racist white trash and it appears that a significant proportion - a majority of his supporters - appear to be trying to make being racist white trash appear to be"normal" and "respectable", when of course, being racist white trash is neither.

 

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png