Honored Social Butterfly

White House plots breakup of coronavirus task force

So, it appears the Trump administration is admitting that America, alone, will have to consider Covid-19 just part of our cultural scenery.  That death and incapacitation will be a normal part of American life under Trump.  I would like to say "I told you so" on this but even I did not see this callus an approach.

“We’re having a conversation about that and about what the proper time is for the task force to complete its work,” Pence told reporters at a briefing Tuesday. “We’ve already begun to talk about a transition plan with FEMA.”espite the change in focus, the coronavirus spread has not abated in the United States. Health officials remain concerned about an increase of cases in places like Chicago and Des Moines, Iowa, and many regions aren't expecting their caseloads to peak for weeks. Many public health experts worry that mitigation efforts and lockdowns are being lifted too early

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/05/white-house-break-up-of-coronavirus-task-force-237769 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Richva (I so miss your former avatar), I feel what you are writing...

I think the difference is (and I am not blaming you or saying you misunderstood at all) this person completely fooled some people and with his influence being previously so high, that was easy to follow.

Worldwide health leaders (including US) have been saying for at least 2 weeks that we still need social distancing yet fools run onto beaches in Florida and Cali...

If you've been to either, bless you but please move away.

If you're been as we have, shelter in place and paying for delivery, thank you! And please don't forget to tip those folks.

I hope the people who congregate on the deck daily (which just happens to be outside my bedroom window) will now learn I stay in to stay safe; and also because I can't go out because you're all there!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Silver Conversationalist

The Toad just wants to deprive the medical experts of  the exposure they get being at his daily campaign rallies. He hopes his base will forget them (probably true) and there'll be nobody "Official" to contradict the stupid things he says and the lies he tells.

Not sure who will inform us of the actual infections and deaths from Covid19 if all his tadpoles running our Government "get the memo" that he does not want anyone talking about disease and death while he pumps up the DJA.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

As I said in another thread. Trump has switched to campaign mode, and his campaign people are now ruining everything. They have decided moving toward the economy will help his reelection bid so that is what they are doing. That means everything will be geared toward moving the economy forwarded, and yes that means more cases of the virus  and deaths of Americans. Trump cares only about Trump and what will help him. You and I are expendable. Go look at how Trump has acted all his business life. Trump is being Trump and has not changed. This is who was elected President and he will destroy the USA just has he has destroyed everything he has touched. 

Honored Social Butterfly

No surprise.

Trump won't be happy until he gets a total yes-man task force that declares the Coronavirus a "hoax" ... just as he did when it first broke out in our country!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png